The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
22. The Office (U.S 2005- 2013)
21. Sherlock (2010 - )

I watched a few episodes of "The Office", but I found it kind of boring. I just don't get what people see in the show.

I haven't seen "Sherlock", but I've heard it's the best version of a Sherlock Holmes TV show ever made.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
My list
1. Big Bang Theory
2. Monday Night Football
4. Survivor
5. Boy Meets World
14. The Golden Girls
15. The Office

Only two more will show.

Raul, I know you said you voted for Golden Girls for me, even though I know your wife owns the entire series? on DVD.

Have you actually seen a lot of The Golden Girls, though?

Chappie doesn't like the real world
They're both pretty good; I think Sarah probably voted for both.
She voted for neither. Of course, that doesn't mean she doesn't like them.

I had The Office at 16. I hated it at first and thought it was a hateful little show. I think maybe three or four episodes in I started to realize it wasn't so hateful and in fact, could be really sweet. I think it was the episode where Pam is talking to the camera about the house she dreamed of having as a child, but is really taking about her art, and states to cry that had me wanting to dig further into the show.

Michael Scott is a great character. I love how accidentally successful he is and the glimpses behind the goofy exterior.

I'm also a big Pam and Jim fan. I hated it in the final season when we see them going through all the marital trouble. I know it's realistic and I know all marriages go through troubles, but I didn't exactly watch the show for a healthy dose of reality.

My favorite character? Stanley. Stanley cracks me up and my favorite Stanley moments are when he cracks up.

My all time favorite moment is when Michael buys Pam's painting of the building the office is in. Anyone who doesn't think the show has any depth didn't see that episode.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Raul, I know you said you voted for Golden Girls for me, even though I know your wife owns the entire series? on DVD.

Have you actually seen a lot of The Golden Girls, though?
Yes, but I wouldn't have without her watching them. That being said, I think it is still a good show.

The Office would have been in the 25-35 range for me. Sherlock near 50.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I like the British version of The Office more. Watched all the Sherlocks, was pretty good but not on my list. There's a creeping sense of gross hamminess in it that I shove to the back of my mind.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Yeah, I like the Holmes reboot but nowhere near as much as I like the more traditional spin on Doyle's world. That said, it's probably my favourite show that the BBC are doing currently.

ITV did Sherlock better. That's all I'm sayin'.

I had both the original UK and the US remake of "The Office" on my list.

1. "The Rockford Files" (64)
4. "Curb Your Enthusiasm" (70)
6. "Monty Python’s Flying Circus" (23)
7. "The Larry Sanders Show" (99)
8. "Cheers" (35)
9. "Peep Show" (53)
12. "Lonesome Dove" (60)
14. "The Colbert Report" (81)
15. "The Office" - UK (45)
16. "Deadwood" (27)
18. "The Office" – US (22)
20. "Parks & Recreation" (58)
23. "All in the Family" (24)
25. "Have Gun - Will Travel" (DNP)

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	scott.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	18356  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I've never seen the US Office, but I've heard good things about it so I might give it a try. The UK version was high up on my list.

Sherlock was somewhere on my list, I think it's very smart and fun.

I will do a top ten Office episodes list later tonight with some of my favorite moments. Wasn't expecting it till the weekend at least, but that's cool. There is tons of TV out there and we obviously have a pretty diverse group.

I have seen the first three episodes of Sherlock. Despite my love of Freeman I never seem to go back because frankly it bores me.

A system of cells interlinked
Getting down to the good stuff, now!

When Star Trek :TNG was on, I was a die-hard fan. over the years, I have sort of gotten away from the show, although there are a few TNG episodes that are probably some of the best Star Trek content ever created, especially Inner Light and Chain of Command. On this list, I only voted for the original series. That said, I have grown to like Voyager a hell of a lot. The production design is darker, and once Kes leaves and Seven shows up, I think the character set is a bit tighter than TNG overall. Janeway is no Picard, but she becomes a more complex (and more frustrating at times) character that Mulgrew played as somewhat flawed, which made her less of a Mary Sue.

In fact, that is one of my big issues with TNG these days when I try to watch it, they have a couple of crew members like Wesley Crusher that are just a bit too well-rounded to seem like real people. Troi, Alexander, Luaxana, Beverly Crusher...all fairly weak characters when I watch the show now. Voyager is also the most Star Trek of them all, with a ship catapulted into unknown space, forced to wend its way back to familiar space without Federation intervention - the best concept for any of the series, IMO. That said, Voyager has some real stinkers to go with some brilliant stuff as well, so it didn't make the list.

93. 3rd Rock From the Sun

90.The Planet Earth

88. The Young Ones

87. Only Fools and Horses
++

86.Columbo

85. Scrubs

83. Family Guy

81. King of the Hill

73. Spaced

65. House MD

63. Quantum Leap

54. The Walking Dead

51. I'm Alan Partridge
++
50. Survivor

46. Blackadder Goes Forth

45. The Office (UK)

37. Star Trek

36. Battlestar Galactica

31. The Big BangTheory

28. Futurama

25. Star Trek: The Next Generation
++++++

My List:

1.Star Trek: The Next Generation
4.Only Fool And Horses
8.I'm Alan Partridge
9.Battlestar Gallactica
13.Star Trek: The OrIginal Series
14.Black Adder Goes Forth
15.The Office (UK)
17.Columbo
24.Planet Earth (BBC)

I'm not hold out much hope for Red Dwarf appearing now.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
20. Dexter (2006 - 2013)

Theme Song

Quote: "I shouldn't even be here. Rita will be devastated if I'm arrested. Her husband was a crack head and her boyfriend's a serial killer. It's kind of hard not to take that personally." - Dexter

A drama series about a blood splatter analyst for the Miami police department. He is also secretly a serial killer that hunts down criminals.

Origin: The series is based off a series off a book, "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" by Jeff Lindsay. The book is a series as well, but only the first season follows the book storyline.

Deb and Dexter: Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter play brother and sister on the show, but they were married for a time in real life.

Plastic: Dexter had to stop wrapping his victims in so much plastic because the actor's skin couldn't breathe and it became too dangerous.

The Trinity Killer: He was played by John Lithgow and based on the BTK killer. This is Lithgow's second time on the list for being a main character. If you count guest starring then it's his third. He was on one episode of Frasier.

Placements: 2 2nd, 2 4th, 2 14th, 1 9th,1 13th, 1 16th, 1 20th, 1 21st, 1 22nd, 1 24th, 1 25th

Dexter was my number 4. The show should've ended sooner than it did and the final season is a big steaming pile of *****, but there was more than enough brilliance in the earlier seasons for it to warrant a place in my top five.

My List
1. Blackadder II (#29)
2. Roseanne (#56)
4. Dexter (#20)
6. Sherlock (#21)
8. The Big Bang Theory (#31)
10. Blackadder Goes Forth (#46)
14. Archer (#78)
17. Married With Children (#44)
21. House, M.D. (#65)