Christmas Movie Topic

Tools    

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
Finally! Some time to be on here! Not much time, but it's enough to make this and occasionally check in on it!

I decided to choose some Christmas movies at random to review for my YouTube channel, and I got to thinking...

Which Christmas movies do people love? Which ones do they hate? Which ones would people consider essential for the season?

What do you say?

I always enjoy re-watching the first two Home Alone movies around Christmas time...So good! New York, snow, thieves, laughter...Perfect combination.

Jingle All The Way (1996) is also a pretty decent Christmas flick in my opinion.

I always watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation every Christmas - never fails to make me laugh.
Also love watching It's a Wonderful Life

I always watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Fred Claus, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Nightmare Before Christmas and usually the first two Die Hard movies.

I also always watch the Blackadder Christmas special: Blackadder's Christmas Carol

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I like most of the classic Christmas TV specials:
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Frosty the Snowman
A Year Without A Santa Claus (mostly for the Heat Miser and the Snow Miser)
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Plus the classic movies:
It's A Wonderful Life
Miracle on 34th Street
The Shop Around The Corner
It Happened On 5th Avenue

And the more recent movies:
While You Were Sleeping
The Nightmare Before Christmas

Essential veiwing:

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Scrooged
It's a Wonderful Life
Home Alone
Die Hard
A Miracle on 34th Street
Santa Claus: The Movie
The Snowman
Polar Express

Terrible Christmas Films:

Jingle all the Way
Fred Claus
Surviving X-mas

Little Women, Home Alone and Meet Me in St.Louis are where it's at at Christmas.

That said, it's far more likely I'll be watching Christmas episodes of old 70's favourites such as The Good Life, The Two Ronnies and Morecambe & Wise. That really is Chrsitmas for me.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I'm not particularly a fan of Christmas movies, but A Christmas Story and Polar Express are ones I would watch more than once.

Trouble with a capital "T"
Christmas in Connecticut (1945) with Barbara Stanwyck and it's a romantic comedy.

Little Women
(1994) with Winona Ryder, but all versions are good and quite different too.

A Christmas Carol
all versions. I think I've seen most of them. Patrick Steward and George C Scott both made great Scrooges. Sadly, the actor who would have been the best
Scrooge became ill before he could make the movie.

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
As usual I am mainstream and predictable. I watch Christmas Story and Its A Wonderful Life every year. They are by far my favorites. I like Christmas Vacation and Miracle On 34th St quite a bit as well.

I always enjoy re-watching the first two Home Alone movies around Christmas time...So good! New York, snow, thieves, laughter...Perfect combination.

Jingle All The Way (1996) is also a pretty decent Christmas flick in my opinion.
I don't know why, but I always associate the second Home Alone movie with Xmas more than the first one. Also for something a little more offbeat at Xmas time, you might want to check out The Ref.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
The Muppet Christmas Carol, the 1951 Scrooge with Alistair Sim, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Snowman, Die Hard.

Finally! Some time to be on here! Not much time, but it's enough to make this and occasionally check in on it!

I decided to choose some Christmas movies at random to review for my YouTube channel, and I got to thinking...

Which Christmas movies do people love? Which ones do they hate? Which ones would people consider essential for the season?

What do you say?
I guess I should mention on regarding Xmas movies I hate, I never made a secret of the fact that I can't stand It's a Wonderful Life...I found the film to be a crashing bore and never understood all the love for it.

A Christmas Carol (1951)
Home Alone.

Are the only two i like to watch.

A system of cells interlinked
Die Hard (1989)

Gremlins (1984)

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation (1989)

The Bishops Wife (1947)

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
Guess it's my turn!

I absolutely have to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas every Halloween and Christmas season! Others I really enjoy are Scrooged, Home Alone, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the cartoon version, though the Jim Carrey one's okay).

I've not yet seen The Muppet Christmas Carol, but I will be soon (I hear it's pretty good). I recently watched White Christmas, and I'm considering adding it to my favorites in Christmas films.

As for Christmas films I cannot stand...some will not like me saying this, but A Christmas Story. I just can't get into it, and I've tried multiple times.