IMDB Message board gone

Tools    

Hi,

I am new to this site as a result of IMDB closing down the message boards. I found it useful to communicate with various people about movies and actors. Never again will I will be able to message these people anymore.

Hopefully this website will fill in the void.

Hi. Welcome to Movie Forums.

FYI, I've moved this thread to the Birthdays & Introductions forum. Here you'll see a handful of other intro threads from other IMDB refugees.

Welcome to Earth, Katar Hol.

I am also an IMDB refugee. Almost 12 years on IMDB. Just wow. I wonder what their web traffic will be now that is finally an absolute shill for Anazon.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I am also an IMDB refugee. Almost 12 years on IMDB. Just wow. I wonder what their web traffic will be now that is finally an absolute shill for Anazon.

Well I can say that I've stopped posting reviews there and am more inclined to use Wikipedia on a film for info than IMDB.

I'll only check it out now if there is "extra" stuff I want to look at such as they trivia section. It's no longer a place to discuss films, I think the ratings of films might reflect that now. It wasn't really reliable before, but who knows now.

Anyways, I've already said this stuff in many other imdb threads so I don't want to hijack this one.

A system of cells interlinked
Hello and welcome.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Hello and welcome.

I never posted on the imdb boards (mainly because I kept forgetting my imdb password and had to re-register), but I surprisingly miss them, as I found some of the boards a good way to see if a particular question about the film had already been raised and discussed, and sometimes a better barometer of whether I would like the film than the full reviews.

I never posted on the imdb boards (mainly because I kept forgetting my imdb password and had to re-register), but I surprisingly miss them, as I found some of the boards a good way to see if a particular question about the film had already been raised and discussed
Yeah, this is what I mainly used it for. Not great for discussion, but good for just checking on one thing, seeing if someone had a similar question. Been toying with ideas about how to facilitate that a bit better here.

I miss their boards too. I love trivia of just about any kind and am a movie lover. The trolls there were bad though. Sports Illustrated eliminated the ability to post about articles as well. Anonymity is great, but it also allows people to just be horrid and say things they would never dream of saying to someone's face.

The most tragic part of imdb shutting down their message boards is they got rid of the individual film boards aswell. They were by far their best asset.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I thought I would miss it but I don't. I just miss long term cyber buddies I've lost contact with. And this place is so much better if you use your phone to check threads. I still check things like cast lists or tv show airing dates, but that's mostly from hbit.

I still check things like cast lists or tv show airing dates, but that's mostly from hbit.
Oooooh I've never even heard of hbit let alone used it .... is that a dot com or is it a local dot au site Dani?