RIP Kirstie Alley

Tools    

OMG! I so hate hearing that ....I never watched Cheers but as a Star Trek fan I of course loved her as Lt. Saavik in Star Trek The Wrath of Khan. I've seen her in other things too and she seemed cool.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This one was a shock. I had no idea that she was sick.

I loved her on "Cheers" and "Veronica's Closet", and in the Look Who's Talking movies, and of course as Lt. Saavik in Star Trek II.

R.I.P.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
R.I.P
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

I'd heard that she was ill, but this is still a surprise. A beautiful, talented and funny lady who I've always adored. Obviously she did make films, but my favourite roles were always on TV, especially these three.

Fat Actress

Veronica's Closet

Cheers

R.I.P. Kirstie.

A system of cells interlinked
Sad news.

RIP Kirstie

Awww, missed this earlier - sad news indeed
Requiescat in pace Kirstie!

Wow, really didn't see this one coming AT ALL. Of course, I loved her on Cheers as Rebecca Howe. I didn't like the icy bitch that first appeared on the show, but after her failed romance with Evan Drake (Tom Skerritt), they softened the character and she became totally lovable. Also loved her in the Look Who's Talking franchise and a TV movie called David's Mother, which won her a second Emmy. Terrific actress and I wasn't crazy about the way Hollywood kind of spit her out when she put on some weight. I will probably be watching Fat Actress next in her honor. RIP.

I watched her in Wrath of Khan first, then saw her in a good Tom Selleck sci-fi movie called Runaway where she had a supporting role and showed me that her turn in Star Trek was no fluke. Of course Cheers was the real showstopper for me, and it got to where I really loved Rebecca more than Diane. The Look Who's Talking movies were fun and she gave a great comedic turn as a psycho beauty pageant mother in Drop Dead Gorgeous (1999). Recommend that one if you haven't seen it.

I'm sad that she's gone. Beautiful lady and wonderful actress. Godspeed, Kirstie.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
I loved her in Wrath of Khan but also the underrated Runaway. Bad timing on the release: The Terminator came out 2 months before and really reinvented the killer robot genre.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140