Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Velvet Buzzsaw (2019)

Velvet Fuzzsnore.

A friend of mine compared it to a bad episode of Goosebumps. This disappoints me because I'm actually excited to see it.

Suspect's Reviews

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
How would you rank the segments?

• The Ballad of Buster Scruggs 4.5/5
  • Near Algodones 5/5
  • Meal Ticket 3.5/5 (only because it was sad)
  • All Gold Canyon 4/5
  • The Gal Who Got Rattled 5/5
  • The Mortal Remains 5/5
What about you?

• The Ballad of Buster Scruggs 4.5/5
  • Near Algodones 5/5
  • Meal Ticket 3.5/5 (only because it was sad)
  • All Gold Canyon 4/5
  • The Gal Who Got Rattled 5/5
  • The Mortal Remains 5/5
What about you?
Best to worst
  1. All Gold Canyon
  2. The Gal Who Got Rattled
  3. The Mortal Remains
  4. The Ballad of Busters Scruggs
  5. Meal Ticket
  6. Near Algodones

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Best to worst
  1. All Gold Canyon
  2. The Gal Who Got Rattled
  3. The Mortal Remains
  4. The Ballad of Busters Scruggs
  5. Meal Ticket
  6. Near Algodones
So a little bit different than I

4/5
Very good, intense, apart from the end, which is a little bit disappointing - why was the woman chasing Donald Sutherland, when she and her son were safe? Donald Sutherland always plays great schwarzcharacters

3/5
Decent, but not outstanding.
I'm really thinking of stoping eating meat after watching it. The members of A.L.F. were hilarious

Welcome to the human race...
The Kid Who Would Be King -

maybe the third-best King Arthur movie ever made

6/10, slightly more entertaining than expected, works as your tuesday movie!

Boy Erased (2018)

-

I liked this movie but for most of the duration I was still thinking damn this is stupid. Then I get to the end and I said, what, this is real? I've heard of the term "conversion therapy" before but never knew what it was, and knowing it exists in modern times and seeing it in action is infuriating. As far as the movie though, it certainly makes it meaningful. Hedges is a great actor and he carries it. Crowe and Kidman won't be remembered for their parts and were ok, but I did think Joel Edgarton was on point because I wanted to punch him in his mustache. I think the movie did well fulfilling it's potential without getting melodramatic.

What an odd movie. It had a bit of John Waters flavor to it with regards to the acting but it never pushes the envelope of extremely bad taste. A stuffy husband and wife (the Blands) need money to open a restaurant so, after an encounter with a dominatrix and a frisky swinger, they decide to use role playing as a way to lure more swinging dudes to their pad where they rob and murder them. Was going to turn it off early but I ended up liking it.

HEAT
(1995)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
On The Bowery - 8/10
I was reading my Cassavetes Interview (series) and he mentioned his admiration of the movie, "On The Bowery". I just saw it, and I can see the influence BIG-TIME.... If you like Cassavetes, and have seen all of his movies (or not), check this out. It's from 1953, and it's real good.

Boy Erased (2018)

-

I liked this movie but for most of the duration I was still thinking damn this is stupid. Then I get to the end and I said, what, this is real? I've heard of the term "conversion therapy" before but never knew what it was, and knowing it exists in modern times and seeing it in action is infuriating. As far as the movie though, it certainly makes it meaningful. Hedges is a great actor and he carries it. Crowe and Kidman won't be remembered for their parts and were ok, but I did think Joel Edgarton was on point because I wanted to punch him in his mustache. I think the movie did well fulfilling it's potential without getting melodramatic.
I didn't like it much. Despite being a fan of both Lucas Hedges and Joel Edgerton, I just felt it was far too wannabe oscar bait. The script was really lacklustre. Another movie that dealt with the same subject was released this year called 'The miseducation of Cameron Post'. I felt it was slightly better.