The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Kitbull is mine. One of Pixar's best shorts. It's available on Pixar's official YouTube Channel. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

Kitbull (Rosana Sullivan, 2019)
(Rewatch)

When this film first appeared on YouTube, I was a little hesitant to give it a try. Pixar does 2-D hand-drawn animation? I don't know about that. But at only 9 minutes, I didn't exactly have much to lose so I clicked that play button.

Almost immediately, a smile began to spread across my face. The simple designs, soft music, and warm colors quickly swept away any skepticism I had and this adorable tale of the unlikely friendship between a feisty stray kitten and and an abused pitbull charmed the hell out of me. Of course, as any great Pixar film will do, that smile was at times replaced by tears - of both joy and sadness - and by the time those 9 minutes had passed I knew that this would be an enduring favorite for me. As I wiped away my tears I also knew that I needed to watch it again and I clicked that replay button right away. I've lost track of how many times I've watched it since then and I expect I'll watch it many more times in the future.

Of the rest, I've seen Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, The Burden, Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil, Gifted, and Death at a Funeral. All good but were never in serious consideration.

While I did have a one-pointer in mind, I rewatched it this weekend and wanted to place it a couple slots higher. The film I ultimately put in last place was one I originally thought would be around the middle (or even upper portion) of my list, but a recent rewatch knocked it down quite a few pegs. I expect it'll show up somewhere in the bottom half of the Countdown, so I'll talk more about it then.

From the actual one-pointers list I've seen six: Revenge, Resident Evil: Retribution, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, The Purge: Election Year, 21 Jump Street, and Iron Man 2. Don't really have much to say about them, though 21 Jump Street was a lot better than I expected.

Seen quite a few of those, but really interested to see Nude Nuns with big Guns.
And I am sure Burden belongs to @Takoma11
Lastly, prefer the British original of Death at a Funeral, though the remake isn't bad.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
This time it wasn't me!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
One of those 1 Pointers is mine. And no it's not a silly choice and no I didn't include it directly to make a 1 Pointer list. I think highly of the film and gave it a
. It deserved to make the countdown, it's a solid movie. Which one is it, can you guess???
The same here.

In addition, I'd say that probably I'm a single voter for almost all of my #20-25 and anything of my #26-30 would also make the one pointers section here.

So, Which one is it, can you guess???

You ready? You look ready.
Upside Down (2012)

Welcome y'all.

It's not a great film, but I also don't think it is awful. Now, off to the town square...

I had considered In Time (2011) but I didn't want to get drawn and quartered.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

First time I've made the one-pointers.

Danny Collins is an excellent Al Pacino movie. His more intimate films often seem to get overlooked, which is a shame since he does such a brilliant job in them. Every second of him onscreen here is a joy, and he creates a character who's wasted so much of his life, and feels like he has no idea where to go. But thanks to his charismatic and effortlessly likable performance he convinces us it's never too late to turn your life around for the better, and in turn makes for a film that is equal parts funny, heartwarming and inspiring. I strongly recommend all Pacino fans to give it a watch.
You had me at Al Paci.. watchlisted!

Purge election year is mines, just incase the other purge movie that I voted for doesn't make it

I've only seen 5 other one pointers on the list

Revenge - Thought it was okay.
Resident Evil Retribution - Thought it was okay
Iron Man 2 - I liked it.
21 Jump Street - I voted for the 2nd one, the chances on making the list may be low lol, but will see anything can happened.
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil- I liked it, funny movie too lol

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

Nice to see Teen Beach Movie get some love!

I do play the one pointer game, normally. I didn’t this time though. Seen a handful. Nothing I came close to voting for. Royal Affair was good though. That’s my guess for CR.

Thanks Yoda for making me choke up one more time. Nice thoughts on Mark. Mofo sure misses that guy.

If I'd thought of it, I might have voted for A Royal Affair and got it knocked off the one pointers. I liked it a lot when I saw it in school and even talked to the director after the screening because I was so impressed. The only other director I talked to in that class was Jeff Nichols because I was becoming a fan of his and I'm realizing I probably should have put Take Shelter or something on my list too. haha I was rushing a bit too much I guess. (The class in question was taught by Leonard Maltin where he did advanced screenings and q&a's with the filmmakers.)

Let the night air cool you off
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil was my one pointer. While it'd be nice to see it show up on the list proper, at least it gets some visibility on the front page.

Anyone from the Group Watch thread won't be surprised that The Burden is mine. It just happened to end up in my #25 slot (I ordered my films from the 2010s that I gave 8/9/10 ratings to in order of favorite to least favorite then counted down 25 and chopped off everything under that point).

I really loved Revenge and it was a hard one to cut for me. I'm not surprised that it didn't get much love here, but I think it's one of the most interesting, thrilling horror movies of the last decade.

Didn't try a one pointer this time as I found something I hope would make the countdown, sometimes a single point can't change the order quite a bit.