RIP Muhammad Ali

Tools    

This one is very sad news.We all miss him.He was great player .A true inspirational to all of us.RIP Mohammad Ali.

When I was a child I idolised two men. The first was Steve Austin, the other was Muhammad Ali.
..... Stone Cold Steve Austin? You idolized him as a CHILD? Surely he wasn't even famous yet.

I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom.
As a huge fan of his and as a boxer of the Islamic faith, I am deeply saddened by the news of his passing. Muhammad Ali had inspired me to start hitting the heavy bag and start fighting towards a professional level, it is extremely hard to hold back the tears. He had no fear of death, and he fought Parkinson's to the 12th round of a 30 year fight. But his fans that love him should remember what he believed in and where he knew he, and all of us would all end up one day. A quote from the greatest of all time himself:

"We have one life, it soon will be past; what we do for God is all that will last." -Muhammad Ali

رحم الله على روح محمد علي

See you soon, Champ.

He did. Think SC knew that.
Uhh... no. I tried to see who else was named Steve Austin, but nothing came up. The Six Million Dollar Man has just been The Six Million Dollar Man to me.

I'm not even sure why he's six million dollars.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Uhh... no. I tried to see who else was named Steve Austin, but nothing came up. The Six Million Dollar Man has just been The Six Million Dollar Man to me.

I'm not even sure why he's six million dollars.
Heh, nope, 6 Million Dollar Man Steve Austin. I know who you mean but care so little about wrasslin that I didn't think to make the distinction.

You ready? You look ready.
He did break down barriers.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Muhammad Ali’s daughter shares story of her father’s final moments

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more...wEo?li=BBnb7Kz

Muhammad Ali’s daughter Hana shared a remarkable story of her father’s final moments in a Twitter post published on Saturday.
Ali died at age 74 late Friday night, surrounded by his family in Arizona. He is widely considered one of the greatest boxers ever and one of the most influential athletes of all time.

Hana Ali, one of Ali’s nine children, shared an anecdote from the scene at her father’s bedside as he died.

“We all tried to stay strong and whispered in his ear, ‘You can go now. We will be okay. We love love. Thank you. You can go back to God now.’ All of us were around him hugging and kissing him and holding his hands, chanting the Islamic prayer. All of his organs failed but his HEART wouldn’t stop beating. For 30 minutes...his heart just keep beating. No one had ever seen anything like it. A true testament to the strength of his Spirit and Will!”

In the Beginning...
I was eight or nine years old. My grandmother was sick and in the hospital, sharing a room with an elderly woman who had a seemingly inexhaustible string of visitors. It was Muhammad Ali's aunt.

I saw him just once. My parents and I had stepped through the hospital doors on our way to the car. He was heading in. I looked up at him; it was like trying to take in a skyscraper from the ground. I stood in his shadow. He looked down at me and smiled the same brash, cocky smile that every opponent, every fan, every promoter, every single person who ever passed his way saw. But when it came to me, I can honestly say it was warm, gentlemanly, 100% authentic. A winning smile in every sense of the word.

For the rest of the day, I floated on air.

I was eight or nine years old. My grandmother was sick and in the hospital, sharing a room with an elderly woman who had a seemingly inexhaustible string of visitors. It was Muhammad Ali's aunt.

I saw him just once. My parents and I had stepped through the hospital doors on our way to the car. He was heading in. I looked up at him; it was like trying to take in a skyscraper from the ground. I stood in his shadow. He looked down at me and smiled the same brash, cocky smile that every opponent, every fan, every promoter, every single person who ever passed his way saw. But when it came to me, I can honestly say it was warm, gentlemanly, 100% authentic. A winning smile in every sense of the word.

That's fantastic Sleezy, a real good memory of a great man.

Wow man that is completely awesome. Too bad you didnt get a picture.

In the Beginning...
Too bad you didnt get a picture.
Yeah, that would have been cool, for sure.

We share a hometown (Louisville, KY). A lot of people here have seen or met him in person over the years. One of my Facebook friends mentioned that when he worked as an usher on Millionaire's Row one year during the Kentucky Derby, Ali came to him and shook his hand before heading in. That's just the kind of man he was.

There's a Muhammad Ali museum here in Louisville, too. I have a friend who works there. I've never been, and sadly I've heard mixed opinions about the quality of the experience. But I know Ali and his family have been heavily involved in the museum's educational and philanthropic efforts. Last I heard, they were developing a whole floor of the museum dedicated to Ali's values and principals alone. I know that's the kind of guff people often say about important figures, but Muhammad Ali really did have a deeply held view on how to live one's life with strength, integrity, and love.