Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
The Outlaw Josey Wales: 9/10 - A western that stars Clint Eastwood; need I give you more of a reason to watch this?

You're actually posting about and rating movies now. Is this a sign of the apocalypse?

Hellraiser - 7/10

Man, i liked this alot more than i thought i would. Like i expected it was full of cheesy dialogue and bad acting but too my surprise it was actually pretty entertaining. Uncle Frank was hilarious (Come to daddy ), and i liked the cenobites. I think it was a good idea not to feature them too heavily in the first one, as it has made me want to see the sequel which i never thought would happen. So i'm thinking about watching Hellraiser 2 tonight if i get the chance.

Spy 2015-8/10
Susan Cooper is an unassuming, deskbound CIA analyst, and the unsung hero behind the Agency’s most dangerous missions.

Apache (1954)

-

From the top 100 Westerns list, I thought this was ok. It's paced well and looks great, but it was weird watching Burt Lancaster play an Apache. I couldn't help cracking up over it.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Kung Fu Killer (2014)

A prisoner is released to help the police track down a highly skilled maniac who is hunting down and killing kung fu masters.
Modern and slick. A great one from martial art icon Donnie Yen (Ip Man). Fantastic final fight, which as we know, is the benchmark of any successful kung fu movie. Highly enjoyable.

I give 4 head-kicks out of 5 for this one.

Unregistered User

Cross of Iron (1977)

Set in 1943, Cross of Iron tells the story of German soldiers fighting on the front line against the Soviet Army. Disillusioned, outnumbered and on low supplies, the German soldiers are leg by Sgt Steiner, played brilliantly by James Coburn, a highly decorated, battle-hardened war veteran who bravely leads his troops through every mission. But when a Prussian officer, Captain Stransky is installed as the new commander, a conflict of interest arises that results in catastrophic consequences.

A great anti-war film from Sam Peckinpah and it certainly has all the trademarks of his film. Violent, upsetting and full of slo-mo bloody deaths, Cross of Iron is an unrelenting and honest WWII movie that gives an insight into the horrors of war. From the opening images to its powerful ending it really is an impressive beast of a movie, that although is a tad overlong, is definately worth a watch.

+

Rambo First Blood 5/10

When it was first released I would have probably gave it more due to being younger and more naive about movies.

Welcome to the human race...
Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives -

Perhaps a bit too slow for its own good.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
For The Bible Tells Me So (2007)

This is a documentary, ostensibly an examination of what the Bible really says about homosexuality and the ways in which it has been interpreted or misinterpreted by different churches, but the heart of it is Christian families from different denominations with gay children talking about their experiences. Some of them accept their children, some of them don't, all of them struggle to reconcile their children's sexuality with their faith and it actually makes for quite a moving film. There are parts that don't work, such as a strange, slightly patronising and scientifically dubious cartoon in the middle which is shown in its entirety without context, and I wonder who the audience for this really is or is meant to be, but the human stories are interesting.

Master of My Domain
The Lumiere Brothers' Films (1895)

There's a title for each film in this video, but I'm too lazy to write them all. I have nothing to criticize here, it's just the birth of cinema.