My book's finally available!

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
My book of humor essays, entitled Head in the Sand ... and other unpopular positions, is now available from CreateSpace:

It'll be available on Amazon.com in a few days, but this link works now (and nets me a better royalty for the same list price ... *cough*):

Order Head in the Sand

----

I'm invoking several special dispensations for posting this here and not being labeled as spam:

1. I gave birth to the owner and administrator of this site. He owes me.

2. I have a "www.movieforums.com" bumper sticker on my car. (Photo available upon request.)

3. I mention MoFo on the dedication page. No, seriously.

-----

There. Happy?

I'll definitely post a picture of the bumper sticker ... once my car gets out of the mechanic's shop! (I realized that AFTER posting about the photo -- the car's not here!)

I HOPE I'll get it back today -- would like to have the car for the weekend -- but will post a bumper sticker photo as soon as I get it back.

My best friend did the cover. She does cover art for a living (how convenient -- and I do typesetting and proofreading!), and she charged me the "best friend rate"....

there's a frog in my snake oil
Hey great work Aus

I've splurged my book budget for the month (already ), but this is going on the list. (I'll even buy it 'mates rates' from CreatSpace to help your monthly book budget )

Mainly I'm going to be looking for gossip about Chris tho. And writing in all the missing 'U's you State-siders inexplicably leave out

Put me in your pocket...
Wow! A big congrats Linda! Oh, dear lord...I Love, love, love the title and artwork.

Best wishes to you and I hope it sells well.

Golgot, I can give you the page numbers of essays that are explicitly about Yoda. There are several.

Golg -- the price to customers is the same retail whether ordered via Amazon or CreateSpace -- although there are rumors that Amazon will randomly discount one's book for customers (without affecting my royalties, yay!). Unsure if CreateSpace links ever do that. But it won't be discounted at first, and probably not by very much. Order through Amazon (next week when it's available?) if that's better for you! I'm happy for any sales!

Annie, THANKS! It's already been a real roller coaster ride, but a TON of fun to be totally in control of the content. My friend Lynne does cover art, so she worked closely with me. And I do typesetting and proofreading for a living, so that part was a cinch. I think it looks great inside and out!

Head in the Sand ... and other unpopular positions
Is this book supposed to be filled with stuff The Kama Sutra left out? Are you hoping to make these positions more popular? Can't wait to read it!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
That's brilliant!

I'm getting my proof copy of the novel I wrote for NaNo 09 from CreateSpace soon, but I've still got a long way to go before it's ready to be publicly available.

Care to share any extracts from your book with us?

Congratulations Ms. Linda! I love the title and cover... and will definitely be checking it out....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

The People's Republic of Clogher
Wow. Fantastic news! Congratulations, Mary.

Hey, here's that picture of the Movie Forums bumper sticker on my car, as promised:

Also, the book is currently on sale at Amazon (which they do without telling me -- so I don't know how long the sale will last) for $8.60! Get yours now!

I'm leaving for a writing conference tomorrow, but if I get time, I'll post one of the essays on my web site and post the link here. Maybe the one about Yoda learning the word "chicken" when he was a toddler....

That book looks so awesome. I am going to have to go to the site and check it out. What an accomplishment to get published. Great job.