The MoFo Top 100 of the 2000s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Awards

Now to the awards received by Ocean's Eleven...

• ALMA Award for Best Supporting Actor (Andy García)
  • BMI Film Music Award (David Holmes)
  • Bogey Award in Gold, Germany
  • National Board of Review Award (Top Ten Films)

As for Quills, it won...

• Critics Choice Award for Best Supporting Actor (Joaquin Phoenix)
  • Evening Standard British Film Award for Best Actress (Kate Winslet)
  • Fantasporto Audience Jury Award (Philip Kaufman)
  • National Board of Review Award for Best Film

Next entry (#66), which is tied with Quills on points, will bring up the second repeated director on the list so far.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Next entry (#66), which is tied with Quills on points, will bring up the second repeated director on the list so far.
Well, that narrows it to Spielberg or Coen I'd think.

Miss Vicky's love for Quills makes me want to check it out, but it's probably not something I'm going to watch on my own accord, so it will probably need to be nominated in another HoF or be part of some film challenge for me to finally get around to it.

I have seen Ocean's Eleven a couple times, but I'm not a fan of it (or Ocean's Twelve for that matter). My room mate loves those films, but despite otherwise enjoying a good heist, they just don't appeal to me. It probably doesn't help that I don't really find George Clooney that charming, and I don't like Julia Roberts either.

Seen: 17/34

My List:
08. Mother (2009) - #96
10. Iron Man (2008) - #83
16. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005) - #76
25. Bon Cop, Bad Cop (2006) - 1-pointer

Ooooh, trust me, there are several more directors with multiple entries.

Pete Docter (Monsters Inc.) has a second title coming, at some point (Up).
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

So Thursday, John Dumbear, Wyldesyde, and me. I knew all those. Who are the other two?!

Pete Docter (Monsters Inc.) has a second title coming, at some point (Up).
I can safely say there are more than 10 directors with multiple entries.

Soderbergh could show up again with either Erin Brockovich (hope not) or Traffic (wouldn’t mind).
PTA for TWBB

Yes, but not all ten have already had one title revealed. We are going by THAT clue.
You're right... but I'll better shut up now

A system of cells interlinked
Anderson!

Not seen Quills (no matter how much MV has tried the get us all to watch it). Eventually it will happen…

Ocean’s Eleven I used to love but time has not been kind to it. The last watch wasn’t all that great for me. Still decent enough though.

Well, looks like I got back to the easy hints. I apologize.

I was't gonna guess Ocean's Eleven, but them you mentioned a big connection between that and "one of today's entries" which was the giveaway.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
• #68 Ocean's Eleven - I'm getting disturbed what films made top 100 though I must admit that Elliott Gould as Reuben Tishkoff and Carl Reiner as Saul Bloom created a top level colorful characters. Andy Garcia is also good here. I've seen this movie couple of times during the last decade because it is often on the national TV channels here. Anyway it is a type of a mall movie, right.

-----
• #67 Quills - I clearly remember what high expectations we had back in 2001 when we saw it in the theater. All this, thanks to the Geoffrey Rush's furorе with the Shine several years earlier.
A bit disappointed in the end, it turned to be quite an empty screenplay. I almost forgot this movie since then.

Seen 17/34.
--
My list:
#4. Snatch [#71.]
#9. Amores perros [#81.]
#14. The Man Who Wasn't There [#84.]

--
(seen one pointers 3/38)

Not on my ballot Top 100 movies I'd support:  

Haven't seen either for probably 20 years but they were good, 3/5 good.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."