The MoFo Top 100 of the Sixties

→ in
Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Thanks for the recommendations, everyone.

Human Condition III
but you need to see the other two first
Well, that rules that one out for now.

Master of My Domain
I wish it is. Such a masterpiece that is usually dismissed because of the short length and relatively unknown cast and director.

It's on vimeo for those who are curious.

I wish it is. Such a masterpiece that is usually dismissed because of the short length and relatively unknown cast and director.

It's on vimeo for those who are curious.
Why would it not be eligible? IMDb lists it as 1962.

There's no rule against shorts. I voted for two shorts, actually.

Master of My Domain
Thanks guys for clarifying whether or not Le Jatee is eligible or not. It might make the bottom of my list.

Is The Grinch eligible? I don't think whether or not it was eligible was clarified yet, (though it probably isn't.) I just want to make sure.
It's a TV short isn't it?

It's a TV short isn't it?
I would certainly hope that it's eligible. It was made for TV, but it's a stand alone piece that has become a Christmas icon, at least in the U.S. Also, I don't think made for TV movies are ineligible.

Of course Daniel is the one to make the call, but I see no reason it ought to be excluded.

Bergman has so many 60's movies, and everyone seems to have a different favorite. Does he do well in this countdown, or are the votes too spread out?

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
Bergman has so many 60's movies, and everyone seems to have a different favorite. Does he do well in this countdown, or are the votes too spread out?
I think the only given for a high spot is Persona. He has to get at least three though, right? Virgin Spring and one of the others. I have three on my list.

I had a bunch of Bergman on my list. If only three make it, I hope The Virgin Spring isn't one of them. I like it, but I enjoyed his other films much more.

is 'la jetee' eligible?
Yes and Yes, and we should all vote for it

I find his 50's and 70's films much better personally, I don't even know if I'll have one of his films on my list.

La jetee is still a "maybe" for me. Can't think of any Bergman films from the 60s that I really like. A few are among the many films I'd be happy to re-watch, but I will only get around to at-most 1 or 2 films (and they will likely be Oshima films) before the deadline. Elmer Gantry's in the same boat.