Television Tab

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'd highly recommend The Dirty South and its one-toothed, banjo-pickin' cousin How The West Was Lost.

The new Stig is a tiny little fellow isn't he? Early Money is on Anthony Davidson or Heikki Kovalainen but as Kova is a working F1 driver I'd discount him.

Unless someone mucks up big style we might not find out for a long time but I wish newspapers would just drop the subject now. Old, old news.

Top Gear, on the other hand, seemed refreshed to me.

Yes, I liked Sunday's Top Gear.

The most recent theory seems to be Sabine Schmitz, which would make sense. No idea if it is or isn't, but I liked the idea of a female Stig and she seemed to be well liked in the couple of appearances she's made. It does all seem to work well.

Yeah, I heard someone today say that they saw a little shock of blonde hair poking out from under the helmet so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, other than that she's one of the presenters on German Top Gear and still, as far as I know, works at The 'Ring.

But, as you say, she seems well liked on the show, probably well enough to be in the Clarkson/Wilman inner circle and has enough of an existing media profile (unlike the two previous Stigs, a failed F1 driver and a jobbing Touring Car pilot) not to need to sell her story.

What's the betting that they change the person playing the Stig more regularly now?

Clarkson says the name comes from what they used to call new boys at his school - Stigs. I always assumed it was a generic Scandinavian (famed for their fearless racing drivers) christian name, like Stig Blomquist.

Sabine's one heck of a driver:

Julian Cope. The Bard of Tamworth. The Arch Drude. Droolian.

A possible Countryfile presenter?

It was around a decade ago that Copey made this little-seen BBC documentary to accompany his book on Prehistoric Britain.

&feature=related

It's fantastic.

All the other parts are up on YouTube including, unrelated I know, a little impromptu interview with Julian's wife. My, she's a fine lookin' woman.

the Stig a woman? hahaa how ace is that! yeah come to think of it he/she does seem very slight I said that last night to Simon, whoever they are Stig's doing a great job of teaching the stars in the reasonably priced cars. John Bishop's time was superfast. Top Gear is always good fun, we never miss it in our house.

I thought Sunday night's Top Gear was the best one in ages. It really felt like the TG of 5-6 years ago.

I know it finished a few weeks ago, but did anyone else really like Zen? I loved it and I really liked Rufus Sewell (which I don't usually) and it all looked gorgeous.

I know it finished a few weeks ago, but did anyone else really like Zen? I loved it and I really liked Rufus Sewell (which I don't usually) and it all looked gorgeous.
I lurved Zen. Rufus Sewell was perfect as Zen. I've heard quite a few Zen's dramatised as radio plays which were great but the tv production was just glorious I thought. Loved the sharp suits, the elegant women and the scenery. Want more!

I thought Sunday night's Top Gear was the best one in ages. It really felt like the TG of 5-6 years ago.
Yep, really pleased with this series so far. I wonder if we'll eventually call the decline 'The Chevrolet Lacetti Years'?

Lord, that Ferrari GTO makes a wonderful noise...

The more I see New Stig the more I think it might be Sabine. Looking at last night's show he/she really is petite.

Now, here she is with (presumably) Sacked Stig and if she's wearing heels in that pic instead of racing shoes the height would fit.

Gawd, I sound like one of those sad TG obsessives now.

Bring back Woolly Woollard!

I've got it recorded, too. Also recorded the first episode of The X-Files and E.R., as well as one I didn't see when it first aired, Thirtsomething.

I was tempted into recording the first X Files too, but I can't keep up with the stuff I've got recorded already. I know Sopranos is going to be on too and if I see that while flicking through the channels I won't be able to help myself even if it's a random episode. There's just something about that series that's riveting for me.

I didn't really get into The Sopranos, for a few reasons, but I'm going to give it a go when it comes on this time. I'm really hoping that they show Oz at a time when I've not a lot else to watch. Ditto In Treatment, although I've seen the first 13 episodes of that.

A system of cells interlinked
I really dislike TV lately. As in, the devices themselves and the medium too!

Don't forget Sopranos is on tonight Hun!
Thanks for the heads-up honey. Sadly, I've been having a bad week and not able to clear my tv backlog. This meant that I just didn't have the space available to record it. They'll probably repeat the first episode and, if not, then I'll try and see it another time. I've got to get ontop of this backlog, though. Thursday is usually my busiest day for recording and now, thanks to The Big C, I've added another hour.

On a side note, it's been nice to catch early episodes of The X-Files and E.R. on Atlantic.

Anyone been watching How TV Ruined Your Life? I love it, but then I knew I would. The only downside is that it appears to be, mostly, a BBC2 version of Screenwipe. On the upside, I adore Screenwipe, so that's a good thing. Loved the end of this weeks episode. If you get the chance, do watch it the inevitable repeat.

Seds, why are you hating tv atm? Frankly, tv's the only thing that's kept me going for the last 8 or 9 years.

Never mind Hun, but promise you'll catch it some time

I watched Wallender for the first time last week after husband's been reading the books and recorded the first one. Thought it was pretty good, looked very nice in HD too.

I have been watching bits of How TV Ruined Your Life. I can't admit to being much of a fan of Charlie Brooker, he's kinda smug and his rantings are like feeding off the thing that pays him, but yeah they were quite funny.

Which Wallander did you watch? The UK or Swedish version? If it was the Swedish version, do you know which version of "Wallander" it was? In other words, which actor was playing the lead.

I'm loving my Thursdays atm. Neighbours, CDWM, HIMYM, The Big C, Brothers & Sisters, The Good Wife, Question Time, This Week, 10 O'Clock Live. I've now got Masterchef, House (though this could probably go as I'm only really watching it for Cuddy now) and Coach Trip to fit into the schedule, too. Looks like I'm going to have to do some programme planning of my own in order to record everything. At least I know all the stuff on Sky will get a repeat somewhere. I only hope that it doesn't clash with whatever I'm recording that day.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Watched a terribly edited version of Hairspray on TV last night. It makes me wonder who actually edits movies for television, monkeys? There were obvious edits to songs where the remaining bits don't match up at all, making it sound like a skip in a record, some jokes that were totally harmless (like Christopher Walken sleeping on a bed of whoopie cushions) were edited out, and scenes just abruptly ended for no apparent reason other than they needed to go to commercial. Hairspray is a harmless film, did it really need to be cut at all?

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/