What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Supermarkets can be the worst place to buy entertainment items, like DVDs and books. Although the one I go to has some good $9.99 DVDs, but it's all old stuff, so that's a good price. But for new stuff - yes, Close Encounters is old, but it might be a new special DVD - everything's usually in the $24.99 and up price realm. You can get it cheaper somewhere else (except Barnes and Noble).

The People's Republic of Clogher
Supermarkets can be the worst place to buy entertainment items, like DVDs and books. Although the one I go to has some good $9.99 DVDs, but it's all old stuff, so that's a good price. But for new stuff - yes, Close Encounters is old, but it might be a new special DVD - everything's usually in the $24.99 and up price realm. You can get it cheaper somewhere else (except Barnes and Noble).
I thought £12 for the Blu Ray edition of Close Encounters (2 discs worth) was pretty good value. I've got the 1998 DVD special edition somewhere which probably isn't that different but, what can I say? I'm an idiot.

I must admit to getting the majority of my DVDs from local supermarkets. New releases tend to be a couple of quid cheaper than the entertainment chain stores and they always seem to have tons of films in the £3-£6 range - with a bit of digging you can unearth a few gems. Where they fall down, of course, is when you're after something other than mainstream Studio releases.

Unfortunately I just can't resist walking down the DVD isle when I really should be spending my cash on food...

.....doesn't know what to put here!
I thought £12 for the Blu Ray edition of Close Encounters (2 discs worth) was pretty good value. I've got the 1998 DVD special edition somewhere which probably isn't that different but, what can I say? I'm an idiot.

I must admit to getting the majority of my DVDs from local supermarkets. New releases tend to be a couple of quid cheaper than the entertainment chain stores and they always seem to have tons of films in the £3-£6 range - with a bit of digging you can unearth a few gems. Where they fall down, of course, is when you're after something other than mainstream Studio releases.

Unfortunately I just can't resist walking down the DVD isle when I really should be spending my cash on food...
yeah, i'm also guilty of that
Once i went to my local Supermarket Tescos for something for lunch. Knowing me i went to look at the DVD's, saw Hot Shots! £3!! I walked away saying to myself "i'm not buying it, i have bought enough DVD's!" i walk back to the DVD section and buy it

Last DVD watched-Scary Movie 3

Last DVD Bought-Scary Movie 3

I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

A system of cells interlinked
No Country for Old Men (Coens, 2007)

Juno (Reitman, 2007)

Dazed and Confused (Linklater, 1993)

Zodiac (Fincher, 2006)

I'm Not There

The Bridges of Madison County DELUXE EDITION

Easy Living (1937)

Merrill's Marauders
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The Adventure Starts Here!
Holden, somehow you don't strike me as the "Bridges of Madison County" type. How did you like the movie? In particular, Eastwood's very different role? (Streep is always good, IMHO, so I won't bother to ask you how you liked her.)

Originally Posted by Austruck
Holden, somehow you don't strike me as the "Bridges of Madison County" type. How did you like the movie? In particular, Eastwood's very different role? (Streep is always good, IMHO, so I won't bother to ask you how you liked her.)
Please to see THIS POST, THIS POST and THIS THREAD.

I'm a romantic guy. You didn't know that? I thought it was screamingly obvious.

Bit of a spree on cheapos-

Halloween (Rob Zombie)
Rise of the Footsoldier
Blades of Glory
Snatch
Essex Boys
Friday
Boys Don't Cry
Interview with the Vampire
Bad Guy
Troy
Touch of Evil
Cross of Iron
The Graduate
Election
(Johnnie To)
3-Iron
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Shock Treatment
The Football Factory

Boys Don't Cry

I picked up quite a few today, i had a 80 dollar mckays gift ticket (its a used dvd/book/game/cd store, local only i think)

i picked up

Dawn of the Dead ultimate edition (4 disc)
Supernatural Season 1
Gorgeous
Meltdown
Tokyo Raiders
The Mission
City of Violence
Enter the Dragon 2 disc collectors edition
Ultimate Versus
Unleashed
New Police Story
Police Tactical Unit

all for 82 and some change

On tv shows on dvd heros season 1
on dvd movies alvie and the chipmunks goes to the movies cartoon movie

The People's Republic of Clogher
Pavee Lackeen: The Traveller Girl

An excellent little film that I've not been able to find anywhere locally. Ebay had a couple of stupidly cheap copies so hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow.

Straightheads

And took back my copy of Seventh Seal because it was still in the wrap after about a year, and instead got the The Essential Bergman Collection (with Seventh Seal, Persona, Wild Strawberries and Autumn Sonata). Not bad for extra fiver, even if means have two copies Persona, was still cheaper than buying Wild Strawberries alone.

A system of cells interlinked

Yup, had to buy a copy.

I have yet to see Cloverfield, but I heard good things, so I hope the blind buy turns out OK.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?

Just for the art inside, it's great!