Movie Tab II

Tools    

stranger then a drunken mime
Inside Man 4/5

It was a very well acted movie, Denzel was hilarious in some parts. And the scheme was very genius.

The Great Gatsby 3/5

I liked how it was just like the book, and what I thought it would be like. And also how it was sort of modernized. But they really whipped through the novel I thought.

The Machinist 4.5/5
Interesting plot concerning an insominiac with 'issues'. Twist was a little predictable just after half way through, but thoroughly enjoyable.

Just watched Duece Bigalow - European Gigolo
a good movie i couldnt stop laughing 4/5

history *is* moralizing
Muxmaüschenstill (/Quiet As A Mouse), Germany 2004, much better than the usual Fritz movie, really

I am having a nervous breakdance
Cross of Iron (1977 - Sam Peckinpah)

I love this film. I think it's one of the best anti-war films ever made. The slide show during the end credits is brilliant with Peckinpah slipping in a photo from Vietnam together with the WWII slides.

The Bertolt Brecht quote is worth thinking about for a while as well....

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Ice Age: The Meltdown (Carlos Saldanha, 2006)

I didn't split my sides at any point, but I did find myself chuckling all the way through. Great family fun with some suprisingly beatuiful CGi. And for once, Queen Latifah didn't annoy me at all.

Maybe I'm being a little generous here...

GRADE: B-

The People's Republic of Clogher
Scream Of Stone (1991, Werner Herzog)

3/5

If I said "Fitzcarraldo in snow" you might think I was being facile. So I won't.

Werner's favourite character type, the driven maverick, is ably assisted by Donald Sutherland (with a particularly luxurious moustache) in this existential tale of one man and a huge rock.

Brad Dourif fans will gaze, open-mouthed, at his shameless mugging...

Three Extremes
Nightmare on Elm Street: Dream Child
Chronicles of Narnia
Waiting
Dumb & Dumber
Anchorman: Legend of Ron Burgundy
Gus Van Sants: Last Days
Spaceballs
Harry Potter: The Latest One
Magnolia
Top Gun

That's all I can remember right now.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

I am having a nervous breakdance
King Kong (2005 - Peter Jackson)

Great way to spend 3 hours, actually. You got $200 million you don't need? Give them to Jackson and he'll make something spectacular for them!

Welcome to the human race...
If I had $200m I didn't need, I definitely wouldn't give it to Jackson. King Kong was balls. I could think of other filmmakers I'd rather give it to, charity notwithstanding.

Cosi - 6/10

Not bad, I guess. David Wenham as Doug was the highlight.

Rebecca - 8/10

Gnarleh mystery. Couldn't help but think of Talking Heads at the end.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Disappointing. Depp's wacko Wonka is creepy. And the sickly sweet ending about the importance of family made me want to vomit.

The People's Republic of Clogher
The Beach (2000, Danny Boyle)

3.5/5

Lord Of The Flies crossed with Apocalypse Now and The Deer Hunter...

...or how we lie to get ourselves out of trouble, even in paradise.

Now, I love Danny Boyle's films but I didn't like The Beach at all on it's release. Maybe I just hated DiCaprio as the movie's not bad at all. And neither is little Leo...

A parable on the cretins who ruin perfectly good holiday destinations. And on the cretins who expect Nature to welcome them with open arms.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Over the last two weeks,

Blade Runner
A.I.
Three..
Inside Man
Kirei
The Commitment
Slither
The Ordeal
Eyes Without a Face
Blood of the Beasts
Night of the Creeps
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Grass
The Bird People in China
Seven Samurai

As well as both seasons 3 and 4 of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

Bully - loved this movie. alot of people compare it to Kids while they are similiar but I perfer Bully. Its a great story and I was suprised when i found out it was true

there's a frog in my snake oil
I've never seen Taxi Driver

I watched the last 5 minutes of it a few days ago, thinking it was the first.

Wine, wine wine.

(On the plus side, More4 have been showing Sopranos season 1 back-to-back, and i got an extra kick out of the After Hours-referencing-one on second viewing )

The Last of the Mohicans (1992) 5/5

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
Bully - loved this movie. alot of people compare it to Kids while they are similiar but I perfer Bully. Its a great story and I was suprised when i found out it was true
i preffered kids...bully dragged on a bit...