Movie Tab II

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
12 Monkeys (Gilliam, 1995)

history *is* moralizing

U-571

I am having a nervous breakdance
Match Point (2005 - Woody Allen)

Naughty, naughty Jonathan Rhys Meyers... You simply don't do that to Scarlett!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Spirited Away

I don't normally do cutesy, but this had inexplicable magic regurgitants. Splendid

Originally Posted by Golgot
Spirited Away

I don't normally do cutesy, but this had inexplicable magic regurgitants. Splendid
I dont know why Golgot but that word regurgitants said after the word magic just made me wanna laugh.

No offence though.

Welcome to the human race...
Dirty Harry (Don Siegel, 1971) - 5/10

Harry hasn't aged well. Clint should stick to playing cowboys.

Carlito's Way (Brian DePalma, 1993) - 8/10

Not bad, but still, it's no Scarface.

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (Garth Jennings, 2005) - 6/10

Slightly better than I expected. Did a good job I guess.

Total Recall (Paul Verhoeven, 1990) - 8/10

It hasn't lost anything. Arnold's best performance ever.

Aeon Flux (Karyn Kusama, 2006) – 6/10

Better than I expected. Equilibrium is a superior alternative, though.

Sideways 4/5
A nice character driven story with plenty of funny moments (I loved the golf scene). The acting was really good also. Paul Giamatti does the depression thing well.
The only down-side was the length, it ran just a bit too long for my taste and was starting to lose me towards the end. Take off about 20mins and maybe I would have given it 5/5.

The People's Republic of Clogher
The Constant Gardener (2005, Fernando Meirelles)

3/5

Slow start. Got better. Quite worthy. Shaky camera. Good Feinnes. No Titchmarsh.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005, Shane Black)

2/5

It's rude to talk when other people are talking......and stop shouting!

Annoying...

...but worth a watch on one level.

The Phantom of The Opera 4/5
After watching it last night I would have given it 5/5 but since this morning the songs are going over and over and over in my head. Damn you catchy music!
Surprisingly it was quite enjoyable for me. I didn't think I would like it. Kudos.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Tacitus

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005, Shane Black)

2/5

Annoying...
i give it 4.7/5
i'm glad it annoys others.

stranger then a drunken mime
Jacob's Ladder

4/5