What is the dumber alien from movies?

Tools    

Originally Posted by OG-
I'm sure they've heard of germs no doubt, but what the same germ does to an organism varies from species to species. So while they may be immune to everything on their planet, they're immune to nothing on our planet.
But a germ still would cause some sort of a reaction thus giving their immune system a chance to defend themselves from all the ones on their planet. It just seems likely that these advaced aliens would be smart enough to test any germ since they are usually the aggressor. There are germs in outter space too. They must have encountered those too. I dont know. I still loved the movie though.

For God's sake don't watch "signs"
Y'know what would be good? I just got this idea...a alien invasion movie in the alien's perspective! Yeah! Then we wouldn't need to ask ourselves why they do those things (I hate it when I don't know why they do those things, don't know if its the same with you) and the director wouldn't be capable of using the excuse of an unknown reason behind the alien's actions. What about it? If any of you is a producer/director/studio owner, convince someone there in making a movie like this. I don't remember a movie with this premise being done yet (if there is I know someone will post it here). And you can say it was your idea if you want.
My avatar is the evil doctor whom tried to test if his dumbness potion he put in the water had worked. So he created a movie to defy the inteligence of the most lesser minded human beings he decided to call this movie "signs".

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by lucky_luke
Y'know what would be good? I just got this idea...a alien invasion movie in the alien's perspective!
Wouldn't that just be an invasion movie?

Your anti-Signs posts kind of remind me of the 'Pearl Harbour sucks' song from Team America...

i know this thread is mostly going about signe but i got another suggestion:
the ailens in artificial intelligence: dont get me wrong i really like the movie, a modern fairy tale, but why did there have to be ailens in the end to fullfil the boys dream.
the movie could have ended when he was in the water but nooooo, there had to come aliens.
well just my opinion..

sry if it doesnt really fit in the signe discussion but i really had to get that from my mind!

mfg des

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
They weren't aliens, they were robots and the long, long, longgg descendents of David.

Originally Posted by OG-
They weren't aliens, they were robots and the long, long, longgg descendents of David.
we talk about the same thing or?
of course the whole movie was about roborts but those white, thiny things in the end were ailens!!! i am sure about that

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by desert76
we talk about the same thing or?
of course the whole movie was about roborts but those white, thiny things in the end were ailens!!! i am sure about that
Nope, definitely robots. They light up inside and have visual playbacks projected inside their translucent skulls when reading memories. Droids, indeed.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by -OG
What plot holes!?!?!? People who hate these films keep mentioning the same damned things and others keep proving how these are, in fact, not plot holes. Their demise is not a plot hole. It is not a lack of poor writing. It is the nature of things. It is the unpredictability factor that plays into every decision, regardless if you're a higher species or not.
I haven't seen the new WotW, but do they wander around outside without any sort of spacesuit on? It looks that way from the clips. That does seem a bit splapdash, if it's the case.

Fair play on the advanced-aliens-ain't-omnipotent thing tho.

Originally Posted by -OG
Was the US invading Iraq a plot hole? Our army is without question superior, yet why is the war not over? Because **** happens you don't count on. I say this with absolutely no political grounds or intentions, I'm just using it as an example. It is actually a great analogy, when you think about it.
Can't agree with that analogy. The invasion was only 'Act One' in a longer story - the lack of decent aftermath-planning was one big plothole overall

A system of cells interlinked
The beings at the end of AI were clearly robots, I thought it was pretty obvious.

Originally Posted by desert76
i know this thread is mostly going about signe but i got another suggestion:
Yay! Finnaly. Another suggestion. Too bad they were robots. But that's the spirit. I had a major breakdown in my computer and was out for...some time...missed me? And I got an incredible idea for a post, couldn't wait to put here. So here goes:

Fun Facts about aliens

-Aliens usually have an uncanny ability to learn english. Of course even we, from the same planet have some kind of accent or have dificulties to pronounce some words. But beings from other planets have vocal cords made for english instead of their language.
-Aliens are a bunch of show offs, When they aren't showing us their UFO's full of 3D effects and little lights that can become invisible or destroy the white house with a death ray, they pretend to come in peace and give back people they abducted to give a ride to other people trough the universe but all they want is someone playing the musical background of their little flying lights show (Close Encounters of the third Kind). They make drawings in crops to show their artistical abilities and kill people only to show how they can change form with extreme ability and they ever have bright white lights inside their UFO's that never go off to show how their batteries are better than ours. Like I said, show offs.
-Some aliens instead of kill all human beings and they take earth for themselves only come to earth to procriate with our females.
-Aliens die with our germs but they also seem to sterilize they'r UFO's and all other things they bring to our planet because we never get infected by their diseases.
-Those beings aeons away in technology, capable of interestellar travel don't discovered the usefulness of byological, chemical, or nuclear weapons when it's about planetary conquest...well...maybe not nuclear. The radiation may kill them when they try to land.
-Many worlds die every day. that's the reason aliens come to earth without caring this planet is full of things that are hazardous to them (Air, water, lifeforms in general)
-The material that UFO's are made is highly attracted by everything inside United States gravitional field. That's because they like to start invading there. But the U. S. (Uncle Sam) government always send men in black suits to try and hide every vestige aliens are in Earth (Usually failing) before taking the aliens to non-specific secret military bases to dissecate and study them where they can escape and wreak havok.

And that's about it. When Earth be invaded by bloodthirsty interestellar conquerors again I expect this list will help you to understand their way of behaving.

Originally Posted by lucky_luke
Yay! Finnaly. Another suggestion. Too bad they were robots. But that's the spirit. I had a major breakdown in my computer and was out for...some time...missed me? And I got an incredible idea for a post, couldn't wait to put here. So here goes:

Fun Facts about aliens

-Aliens usually have an uncanny ability to learn english. Of course even we, from the same planet have some kind of accent or have dificulties to pronounce some words. But beings from other planets have vocal cords made for english instead of their language.
-Aliens are a bunch of show offs, When they aren't showing us their UFO's full of 3D effects and little lights that can become invisible or destroy the white house with a death ray, they pretend to come in peace and give back people they abducted to give a ride to other people trough the universe but all they want is someone playing the musical background of their little flying lights show (Close Encounters of the third Kind). They make drawings in crops to show their artistical abilities and kill people only to show how they can change form with extreme ability and they ever have bright white lights inside their UFO's that never go off to show how their batteries are better than ours. Like I said, show offs.
-Some aliens instead of kill all human beings and they take earth for themselves only come to earth to procriate with our females.
-Aliens die with our germs but they also seem to sterilize they'r UFO's and all other things they bring to our planet because we never get infected by their diseases.
-Those beings aeons away in technology, capable of interestellar travel don't discovered the usefulness of byological, chemical, or nuclear weapons when it's about planetary conquest...well...maybe not nuclear. The radiation may kill them when they try to land.
-Many worlds die every day. that's the reason aliens come to earth without caring this planet is full of things that are hazardous to them (Air, water, lifeforms in general)
-The material that UFO's are made is highly attracted by everything inside United States gravitional field. That's because they like to start invading there. But the U. S. (Uncle Sam) government always send men in black suits to try and hide every vestige aliens are in Earth (Usually failing) before taking the aliens to non-specific secret military bases to dissecate and study them where they can escape and wreak havok.

And that's about it. When Earth be invaded by bloodthirsty interestellar conquerors again I expect this list will help you to understand their way of behaving.
when did they try to procreate with our females? unless you mean species

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Aliens from signs were dumber, I mean you conquer space travel but cannot open a pantry door?

But WOTW was a dumber movie.

Suspect's Reviews

If Alf ever sees this thread there will be Hell to pay.

Originally Posted by 7thson

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by 7thson

Dolphins....

i hate those things, they leave us and all they can say is "thanks for the fish"...

i wish doom apon their doomed planet of the DOOMED!

Signs rules. Stfu!

Originally Posted by mega doomer
Signs rules. Stfu!
What exactly is a Stfu?

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
Aliens from signs were dumber, I mean you conquer space travel but cannot open a pantry door?

But WOTW was a dumber movie.
Are you saying that an astronaut can't get locked in a closet?

Anyhoo, I'm not so disturbed about the Martians in WOTW could be killed by an Earthling metaphor...er, bacterium. I've been wondering how the Martians could have come to Earth millions of years ago, stayed for enough time to bury their tripods, and still not have discovered our rich bacterial heritage.

Incidentally, did anyone else think that the tripods looked like giant, armored Martians themselves? What with the sphincters into which the humans got pulled, and the hige alien mucus discharge at the end when they entered the tripod? Could a tripod be some sort of bioengineered Martian?