What Are YOUR Top 3 Favourite Movies?

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by T.Bickle
haha i always laugh when i hear people's theories about tarantino's metaphores and stuff like that. Tarantino doesnt like to dissapoint his fans so he doesnt say what he truly meant.. but people who know about movies will appreciate this little details, I certainly do.
Ya, I don't know a thing about film, but I amk finally glad I met someone who know's what Tarantino is really saying. Also, the scene comparisons I listed aren't a "little theory", it's common knowledge about the film at this point. I have volumes of information to back it up if necessary.

it is my opinion and belief that tarantino's ability to incorporate all these scenes and ideas from other movies into his, is not only original, but admirable.
I like watching his stuff too, but aping other people's ideas isn't original. It just isn't.

about the message and purpose of the movie... yeah, redemption is the easiest to perceive. But when I watch the movie, I see how people interact, how people think, and how people live.
And since this is fiction and people don't actually live like that, I am wondering what you are talking about. Also, in an objective medium, how does one "see" what people think? In film you rarely know what the characters are thinking, unless there is a VO or something. Otherwise, it's just a guess.

for example, the movie contains a great discussion about violence. plus, the movie is violent but not in a visual way. This makess us think about violence in our lifes and minds... what we think of violence.
This is a good point.

the characters were made so real and the actors are so good portraying them, that the movie ends up extremely realistic even with all of the fantastic bull which makes us laugh and intrigues us
It's shot in a realistic fashion, but the subject matter is certainly not very realistic in any way, unless you know mobsters with glowing briefcases and hitmen who experience miracles. Tarantino went out of his way to ensure a certain separation from reality, including minimizing product placement by creating fake brands of cigarettes etc. This film is highly stylised, big time.

when all of these elements and whole other bunch are compiled into one movie.... i'll strongly believe that it is original
All of which elements? Characters and Violence...Realism? You didn't list any elements beyond those. So...characters and violence make a film original? Realism makes a film original? Some said the structure makes it original, except that other films have already used that structure, so it isn't original. Kurosawa did it, Kubrick did it.

I love the film, don't get me wrong, but I like it because it's stylised, it took chances, and it mixed a bunch of familiar elements into the mix that made it more fun. Oh, and Uma was in it...

his work is completely original.. no one else can make films like pulp fiction and reservoir dogs just by stealing from other films
This is quite possibly the most ridiculous and contradictory statement I have seen on MoFo for a while.

Scope out these films that truely were originals when they came out:

Taxi Driver
Rashomon
The Birds
Citizen Kane
Evil Dead
Mean Streets
Delicatessen
Blade Runner
Eraserhead

Meanwhile: Still holding in the top three positions:

Blade Runner
Mulholland Drive
Chinatown

1) Boyz N The Hood
2) Menace 2 Society
3) Friday

1.vanilla
2.heat
3.inteview with a vampire

Originally Posted by Thursday Next
My Top 3 movies...

1. The Matrix
2. Moulin Rouge
2. Lost in Translation
Hello Ms Next.

It's good to see you. Nice selection there Thursday although I'm afraid the original Matrix has been forever sullied in my mind by the truly appalling sequels. By the way ( shhh this is off topic ) Have you noticed Jasper FForde has a new series coming out.

Originally Posted by Tacitus
Hey squeezy, good to see you here.

Spag...
Hi Spag or shall I call you Tacitus I don't mind either way. I thought I'd drop in. Apparently I can't start a new thread until I've got some points not sure what that's all about how about a quick rough guide to the board.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by squeezyrider
Hello Ms Next.

It's good to see you. Nice selection there Thursday although I'm afraid the original Matrix has been forever sullied in my mind by the truly appalling sequels. By the way ( shhh this is off topic ) Have you noticed Jasper FForde has a new series coming out.
Hi squeezy!

Quite a few of us refugees here now the beeb board has gone (sniff!)

The Matrix is great despite the crap sequels :P

I have seen Fforde has a new series coming out, should be interested (beeb books board is still open at the mo...)

Ok, this is MY list ;
1- Moulin Rouge
2- Heartbreakers
3- Took me a while to decide but probably Shrek.

Tarintino freak.
1.) Pulp fiction (quentin tarintino 1994)
2.) Reservoir dogs ( Quentin tarintino 1991)
3.) The Green mile [embarssed]don't know the director or year[/embarrsed]

Originally Posted by Antics
1.) Pulp fiction (quentin tarintino 1994)
2.) Reservoir dogs ( Quentin tarintino 1991)
3.) The Green mile [embarssed]don't know the director or year[/embarrsed]

Gee, you'd think a TarAntino 'fanatic' would be able to spell his name.

1. The Wizard of Oz
2. Kill Bill V2
3. Lord of the Rings (Fellowship)

Skiny White Film Fan
I don't like narowing it down to 3 here's my top 5

Pulp Fiction [Tarantino]
Taxi Driver [Scorsese]
Scarface [De Palma]
Fight Club [Fincher]
The Good The Bad and The Ugly [Leone]

Here's Johnny!
1) House of Wax (2005)
2) Donnie Darko (2001?)
3) The Spy Kids 3-D

3. 2001: A Space Odyssey
2. Se7ven
1. The Life Aquatic

Welcome to the human race...
Favourite 3 movies right now (this list will ALWAYS be subject to change)

1. This Is Spinal Tap (dir. Rob Reiner, 1984)

2. Taxi Driver (dir. Martin Scorsese, 1976)

3. Repo Man (dir. Alex Cox, 1984)

too many good movies to decide

1.saw
2.the island
3.matrix series

Originally Posted by ZombIe=LoVeR
1) House of Wax (2005)
2) Donnie Darko (2001?)
3) The Spy Kids 3-D
house of wax would have to have been the worst movie of 2005 that i have seen