Who Will be Our Next President?

Tools    

Let’s call the election!

This is just a bit of fun. Let’s all be civil & no hysteria please if others have a different prediction than yours.

I call it for DONALD TRUMP

My prediction is:

...this thread will get locked.
I’m prepared for this. It’s why I asked for civility in the OP.

Won’t you give us your election prediction?

I'm hoping it's not going to be Trump, but I'm also terrified that it will be Trump.
Ditto.

I’m prepared for this. It’s why I asked for civility in the OP.

Won’t you give us your election prediction?
I've not seen any political discussion remain civil for long. I know you can be civil but someone will come along and throw gas on the fire, which will then start a chain reaction, you'll see.

My predictions? If anyone has read any of my post on the more topical threads then they should know who I hope will win, but as far as predictions, I don't want to make one.

Out of the two candidates, I hope Trump will win. I also think he's a slight favorite.

Also, so much this...

Trump, by default. A country with 320 mil, these are the best two a-holes out there?

A system of cells interlinked
Trump, by default. A country with 320 mil, these are the best two a-holes out there?

This!

Once again we find ourselves with a couple of pretty rough choices. That said, out of the two, I think Trump is much more equipped to handle the position at this point in time. Biden is a shade of what he once was, and I see clear signs of cognitive decline. In fact, I don't think the Democrat's plan is to keep Biden in place at all. Pelosi's push to form the committee that will analyze the President's ability to lead seems like she is hedging her bets, preparing to have Kamala invoke the statute to begin the process to take Biden out, after which Harris would be installed.

Trump, for better or for worse, is currently a towering figure in our culture, completely dominating the mentality of the fanatical fringes on both sides of the political spectrum. TDS, which is Trump Derangement Syndrome on the left, and Trump Devotion Syndrome on the right, has most of the public discourse concerning Trump boiling over constantly. He dominates all the media outlets, infests both real and virtual culture around the globe, and all the while, he swaggers through everyone's lives like the proverbial bull in the China shop without ever stopping to contemplate the effects of his presence, except to perhaps stop for a few seconds to fix his coiffure in the mirror.

So, on one hand, we have a bell-rung old codger, with a really rough record on policy, who lurches and putters around, occasionally forgetting where he is, and on the other hand, we have a brash blowhard that constantly dives head first into situations and manages to come out looking like he knew what he was doing all along (with a few obvious and dire exceptions, such as COVID), even though it's pretty clear he doesn't.

I dunno, for me, it's a fairly easy call, as I am pretty firmly planted in that odd space between libertarian, center right, so it's a vote for Trump for me, even if I will wince a bit when I pull the level. Actually, i already pulled the lever. That said, I am by no means dressed up in MAGA gear, parading around extoling my devotion to the guy.

Lastly - this thread will be locked, and probably soon. Our patience with these threads has worn pretty thin. We aren't quite zero tolerance, but we are getting there! So, fair warning: at the first sign of a fire starting, this will probably be closed.

Prediction:

Trump!

It looks like Trump is going to win, but I want the other guy to win (sorry Joe Biden,- you're just the other guy). Trump rallies are funny and charismatic on the other hand Joe Biden talks nonsense sometimes and he said he would faze out oil and gas industries. Trump promises to keep the economy going whereas Joe Biden threatens more lock-downs.

Lastly - this thread will be locked, and probably soon. Our patience with these threads has worn pretty thin. We aren't quite zero tolerance, but we are getting there! So, fair warning: at the first sign of a fire starting, this will probably be closed.
The election is Tuesday so this thread will be moot very very soon.

Alright, I'm gonna cut this off right now and say that this thread can only exist if it's literally just for answering the question. No overt political discussion lobbying for either candidate or explaining how they're going to win/lose because they're so great/awful.

If people just wanna talk odds and predictions, sure, although to my mind 90% of the time people just predict whatever they want to happen, anyway.

Alright, I'm gonna cut this off right now and say that this thread can only exist if it's literally just for answering the question. No overt political discussion lobbying for either candidate or explaining how they're going to win/lose because they're so great/awful.

This would be my greatest wish. (Emphasis added above.)

Same. But how realistic that is, days before an election...well. Tougher to say. The responses so far are probably predictable, though.

Anyway, that's my fair warning for everyone!

My money's on a deeply contested outcome followed by a lengthy legal process that ends with a re-run of the whole thing in about a years time.

You ready? You look ready.
Whoever gets the most votes.

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I would be very surprised if Donald Trump doesn't get in again. I'm glad I'm not voting, it's the lesser of two evils once again...

I don't like Trump but I also don't trust Biden at all.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

I totally agree.. I think because of the mail-in ballots, Biden will win (UGH - and I'm the farthest thing from a Republican)

I also wonder how long it take to concede. My first election was 2000 - took months...

(If this thread gets locked, why not a poll with no replies allowed?)

(If this thread gets locked, why not a poll with no replies allowed?)
A fine idea. I'm actually not sure if closing a thread locks a poll, but I don't think it would. I'll keep this in mind.

A fine idea. I'm actually not sure if closing a thread locks a poll, but I don't think it would. I'll keep this in mind.
If a poll was added or done in another thread, I'd prefer the poll to be:
Who Do You Support for the Next President
as opposed to
Who Will be Our Next President

I think the results would be more interesting.