Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Was that scene towards the end of the movie by any chance?

feel free to tell me in spoilers.
It's been a while since I've seen it, so it's going to be vague. But I remember there was one scene that I thought was silly. It was definitely toward the end and involved
WARNING: "possible, tiny" spoilers below
the guy.
I'm pretty sure you know exactly what scene I'm talking about, though.

It's been a while since I've seen it, so it's going to be vague. But I remember there was one scene that I thought was silly. It was definitely toward the end and involved
WARNING: "possible, tiny" spoilers below
the guy.
I'm pretty sure you know exactly what scene I'm talking about, though.
lol yeah.

While on one hand this is an absolutely dreadfully acted movie it does carry a certain B-Movie charm about it and a its so bad its a good level of entertainment as well. Ended up enjoying it and I think that others will too as long as they enjoy B-Movies

Valerie and Her Week of Wonders (1970, Jaromil Jires)

A beautifully weird, surrealistic coming-of-age story with sexual undertones, this film is a psychoanalyst's dream come true. Dreams here are so intertwined with reality that it's difficult to tell which is which. Centered around 13-year-old Valeria, it plays out like a chaotic collage of whimsical, bizarre and often nightmarish fantasies filled to the brim with symbolism. Alternately creepy and gently innocent, the film's mesmerising, dream-like imagery, coupled with remarkable cinematography and editing, make it a riveting visual experience. It's not perfect and does come off as cheesy at times but it's definitely worth a watch if only for its unique atmosphere.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Fabricated City - A solid meshing of the Korean film The Divine Move with elements of Fast and Furious and other action flicks revolving around a former taekwondo champion turned video gamer who finds himself framed for rape and murder. Running afoul of a gangster while incarcerated, he endures the beatings and becomes more strong-willed. He escapes from prison and with the help of his online team, whom he meets face to face for the first time, intends to clear his name and finds an unimaginable conspiracy. Solid action, a great lead performance by Ji Chang-Wook as the gamer who must clear his name and goes as far as various methods of retaliation. This has to be one of the best Korean action films I have seen so far...A+

Legend in my own mind

Loved it.

Reviewed it on my review thread.

An absolute joy.

Pride and Prejudice (2005)

What I like the most in Kenneth Lonergan's movies is how he display the imperfection (reality) in the characters..
Characters should be REAL not PERFECT in the real-life movies..
And that what makes You Can Count on Me (2000) & Manchester by the Sea (2016) a good movies in my opinion.

Couple of more flicks I've seen recently:

The Towering Inferno (1974): 6.5/10 - Intriguing cast and realistic effects, but really nothing more than that. It lacked interesting characters and was too slow paced with no interesting subplots aswell. I have to say though, that seeing Richard Chamberlain playing douchey villain was quite interesting.

Kiss of Death (1947): 7/10 - Watched it primary because of Richard Widmarks's famous debut and was nothing else but amazed. I think I'll never forget the wheelchair scene. The noir itself is mediocre, but Widmark really puts on a powerhouse performance.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007): 8.5/10 - Beautiful cinematography with great and multi- textured performances by Pitt&Affleck&Rockwell and historically accurate. What's there not to like. I'm suprised it didn't win more awards.

Swiss Army Man (2016)

Five minutes in I was blaming Swan for my wife's anger at me rushing her to sit down and watch this. She went in the other room while I finished up. It has some creativity, and I was amused at times, but it's one of the goofiest movies I've ever seen. I enjoyed the last 15 minutes, but that might be partly due to me knowing the end was near. I don't think it's a bad movie at all, but it was mostly annoying to me. If only the damn rope didn't break. I fart on this movie.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007): 8.5/10 - Beautiful cinematography with great and multi- textured performances by Pitt&Affleck&Rockwell and historically accurate. What's there not to like. I'm suprised it didn't win more awards.
Narration. Also Casey Affleck.

Narration. Also Casey Affleck.
Is it the facial hair? He has terrible facial hair.

Maybe it's the whiny voice? Or the sexual harassment?

Swiss Army Man (2016)

Five minutes in I was blaming Swan for my wife's anger at me rushing her to sit down and watch this. She went in the other room while I finished up. It has some creativity, and I was amused at times, but it's one of the goofiest movies I've ever seen. I enjoyed the last 15 minutes, but that might be partly due to me knowing the end was near. I don't think it's a bad movie at all, but it was mostly annoying to me. If only the damn rope didn't break. I fart on this movie.
A real shame you didn't like this one more.

It kind of seemed up your alley (ups, there's a pun)... It also maybe sounds like your wife's disinterest in the film and your expectations and huge fuss about it kind of contradicted with your overall experience of the film. That said, the movie is DEFINITELY not for everyone.

He sounds like a teenager whose voice is always on the verge of cracking.
True.

And he kind of sounds depressed all the time... even when he's happy. He got a voice that makes you feel dead inside.