45.16%
28 votes
The Sixties
54.84%
34 votes
Animation
62 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

Now that's a movie SC would include in his list.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Well doesn't this look promising for the forces of good.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

No offense to those excited by an animation countdown, but I can't see myself participating. I wouldn't be satisfied with whatever list I turned in, and I think I'd rather use my now greatly reduced movie watching time to catch up on 70s and 60s films and whatever new releases strike my interest. I've got a one and a half year old, and all too soon I'm sure cartoons will be on constantly in this house. I feel no desire to get an early start, even if it's with adult-oriented animation.

I kinda think my loss would be skipping all the great movies awaiting me from the 60s and 70s. There's only so much time in the day, and a little one who demands a great deal of it.

No offense to those excited by an animation countdown, but I can't see myself participating. I wouldn't be satisfied with whatever list I turned in, and I think I'd rather use my now greatly reduced movie watching time to catch up on 70s and 60s films and whatever new releases strike my interest. I've got a one and a half year old, and all too soon I'm sure cartoons will be on constantly in this house. I feel no desire to get an early start, even if it's with adult-oriented animation.
Ah well never mind. I had a big gap in my film watching when my kids were little too. It wasn't till they were in their early teens I started getting right back into it when they started coming to the cinema with me.

I didn't think I'd participate but I changed my mind. After thinking about it, I've probably seen at least 25 in my life, and I want to watch all the movies on the MoFo lists anyway, and I think there's quite a few on those. If I add all those with various recommendations, I should have plenty to go by.

Actually one thing that saddens me about animation as a category is that despite all of the extraordinary films out there most people will be voting for a lot of Walt Disney and Pixar stuff. Which, of course there's nothing wrong with Walt Disney and Pixar movies, but there are so many really cool animated movies out there. So hopefully the list will cause more awareness on these boards.

That's Fallout the movie.

I didn't think I'd participate but I changed my mind. After thinking about it, I've probably seen at least 25 in my life, and I want to watch all the movies on the MoFo lists anyway, and I think there's quite a few on those. If I add all those with various recommendations, I should have plenty to go by.
I think animated movies will be a lot like arthouse movies for you cricket, where you thought you wouldn't like any but ended up finding some gems you really enjoyed.

Like various IMBD lists and Rotten Tomatoes top 100 animation list. Basically, I just googled best animated movies and looked at everything that came up. I wasn't aware of how much I'd actually seen, but I've seen a lot more than I thought.
How many of my list you have watched?

I think animated movies will be a lot like arthouse movies for you cricket, where you thought you wouldn't like any but ended up finding some gems you really enjoyed.
Yes, seeing Persepolis last week is what has really changed my mind.

Ah well never mind. I had a big gap in my film watching when my kids were little too. It wasn't till they were in their early teens I started getting right back into it when they started coming to the cinema with me.
Thank you for understanding. I don't intend for there to be a big gap in my movie watching, because I'd go crazy without movies, but there will be a big dip. The day is coming when I won't just be able to pop in A Clockwork Orange any time of day I want. Do an animation countdown five-ten years from now, and it'll be a different story. (But I do intend to introduce the kiddo to lots of great films at an early age. )

However, if I were to turn in a list, these films certainly would be on it:
The Incredibles
A Scanner Darkly
Yellow Submarine
Heavy Traffic
Persepolis
Waltz with Bashir
Akira
Spirited Away
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Antz
Finding Nemo

There's just too many films I'd want to watch or rewatch, including a lot of anime recommendations, before I would want to submit a list.

We need to figure out who's running this one, I guess. We all seem to agree Daniel should run one, but I'm assuming (but not sure) he'd rather helm the 60s list than the animation one?