The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
When I posted Dexter I accidentally uploaded next entry's photo on it. I caught it just at the last second. That would have been a big spoiler.

Dexter is just one of the multitude of shows I haven't got to yet. I have seen around three episodes. It didn't grab me immediately, but it seemed as if it might be something I would get into.

Has anyone read the books? Are they any good?

Dexter was my 2nd...

I've been very generous because basically only season 1, 2 and 4 are really worthy of that number 2 spot. Still, the other seasons had its moments here and there and Michael C. Hall as Dexter is great in all seasons and furthermore he really showed improvement on his acting abilities in some of the later seasons as well.

Dexter was also the first tv show I ever followed and the show and characters will always have a special place in my heart. So no matter how bad it became I just can't help how much I really liked about the show.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Glad to see Sherlock getting so high. In my top 10.

The Office beating the actual British Office is an abomination. I suppose though most of the voters are American and have likely only ever seen the American version.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
20. Dexter (2006 - 2013)

I tried watching the first few episodes of "Dexter" because I heard it was a great show, but I just couldn't get into it. I don't remember much about it, but as I recall, it was a bit too graphic for my tastes.

Has anyone read the books? Are they any good?
I read the first couple of books. The first season doesn't quite follow the book as a certain character that dies in the book lives on in the show, while a character that lives on in the book dies in the show.

The first book is quite good and the second was good, too, but from what I've read about them, the later books take quite a supernatural turn that doesn't appeal to me and wasn't part of the show.

A system of cells interlinked
Dexter kicks ass. My girlfriend and I got away from the show after season 4, as the quality took a dip, but the first four seasons were riveting. We will probably finish it off at some point, but the chatter about the abysmal finale and the apparent drop in quality in later seasons sent us off looking for something else to watch!

I had Dexter at #16.

Just here for the free donuts
I was hooked on Sherlock from the very first episode. Glad it broke the top 25! I forgot to vote for it. My memory is a desert wasteland. I did not vote for Dexter or The Office but I very much like both shows and both deserve the high marks they received.

Just here for the free donuts
My list thus far:

3.Cheers
5.Law & Order
6.Lonesome Dove
8.The Larry Sanders Show
22.House of Cards

A meager showing so far but hoping to fill many more up soon!

The People's Republic of Clogher
Dexter kicks ass. My girlfriend and I got away from the show after season 4, as the quality took a dip, but the first four seasons were riveting. We will probably finish it off at some point, but the chatter about the abysmal finale and the apparent drop in quality in later seasons sent us off looking for something else to watch!

I had Dexter at #16.
I liked Dexter but feel exactly the same about the quality drop off, although I stuck it out until the finale. The final season in particular was embarrassing when compared to how the show started.

I read a review somewhere which summed it up perfectly - As the show went along the creators fell in love with their character way too much.

I watched Dexter but think I only got to the end of the second series. It was good, but being told by several people that it tailed off badly kinda put me off investing more time in it

I love Till Death Us Do Part, but I've not seen All In The Family. I'm slightly surprised it's this high up. Just because of the lack of talk about it, not because it's not good/great.

It's too bad "Sanford and Son" won't make it, but I tried.
Another US classic that I've not seen that's based on a UK show.

I haven't seen "Sherlock", but I've heard it's the best version of a Sherlock Holmes TV show ever made.
It's not. As Tacitus inferred, this is.

As for Dexter. I'm surprised that something that, almost everyone, agrees is so poor for half its run, is this high. It does show just how much the first half (and season 4 in particular I suspect) is loved by its fans.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Yeah, I like the Holmes reboot but nowhere near as much as I like the more traditional spin on Doyle's world. That said, it's probably my favourite show that the BBC are doing currently.

ITV did Sherlock better. That's all I'm sayin'.

Is that the version starring Jeremy Brett?

I read the first couple of books. The first season doesn't quite follow the book as a certain character that dies in the book lives on in the show, while a character that lives on in the book dies in the show.

The first book is quite good and the second was good, too, but from what I've read about them, the later books take quite a supernatural turn that doesn't appeal to me and wasn't part of the show.
Maybe I'll give them a try then. I'd probably get to the books faster than I would the show.

I'm going to post one more tonight. I'm just too headachy to put together two tonight. I'm going to do two tomorrow (might be rather late) then 3 more Sat. Just thought I'd give you a heads up on how the next couple of days are going to go.

19. Friends (1994 - 2004)

Theme Song

Quote: I get my ya-yas from Ikea. You have to put them together yourself, but they cost a little less. ~ Chandler

Longing running popular sitcom about a group of friends living in New York.

Spin-offs: Joey

Casting: Courtney Cox was offered the role of Rachel, but she wanted to play Monica because she preferred her strong character.

The role of Ross was written specifically for David Schwimmer.

Jon Cryer and Jon Favreau both auditioned for the part of Chandler. Mathew Perry had another sitcom but it didn't get picked up. If it would have one of the two above would have played Chandler.

Salary: In the beginning each were being payed about $22.00 an episode. In season two they all had slightly different salaries. They were the first cast to go as a group and demand a pay increase and that each one make the same amount.

Mad About You: Lisa Kudrow was already playing Ursula on the series Mad About You. In order that Kudrow could play both roles, Phoebe and Ursula became identical twins. Helen Hunt even makes an appearance on Friends and mistakes Phoebe for Ursula.

Placements: 3 2nd, 2 6th, 2 25th, 2 19th, 1 5th, 1 7th , 1 21st, 1 22nd

I watched the show briefly when I was in junior high, but lost interest rather quickly. It's not something I've had any interest in revisiting and did not make my list.