Jurassic World

Tools    

I'm getting less excited with every new trailer?
I kind of understand. It looks fun, but this type of film can only get a certain amount of TV spots/trailers before it gets repetitive. I myself am excited to see another Jurassic Park movie though eventually.

Trailers didn't look bad - not sure where all the pessimism's coming from on this one.

It definitely looked more "Michael Bay" than the original films though - guys shooting rocket launchers and dinosaurs and all that.

With each new clip and trailer I am becoming less and less excited for this movie, it's a Jurassic Park movie they don't need to keep showing stuff.....a lot of people are gonna go see it regardless of how many trailers they put out.

Cool... the Rex that is appearing in JW... artwork was released ages ago but I've just this minute seen it.

Notice the scars on the neck? It's Rexie from Jurassic Park!!!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rex.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	21622  

this is the best clip i've seen so far for JW. Love the acting, tone, tension and atmosphere of this scene and I hope they balance the action with more scenes like this. Irrfan Khan looks like he is gonna be great in this film.

I'm getting less excited with every new trailer?
Yep, the latest trailer I keep seeing with all the military guys and guns reminds me of the new Godzilla movie. Which was a real failure. Not excited for this at all.

A system of cells interlinked
Here is a good article about the problems with films like JW, which looks absolutely terrible, btw.

6 Reasons Modern Movie CGI looks remarkably crappy

I really appreciate that Colin is trying something new and inventive with the series so hey this might be the Jurassic Park Sequel we have been waiting for, who knows. (I know this movie won't even come close to JP1 but I have a feeling it is gonna be better than JP3) I also am really liking the theme and the message "Are dinosaurs themselves even enough anymore?"

I just really am hoping it is good because we seriously need more Dinosaur movies. This is like the first big Dinosaur movie I've seen be released since pretty much Jurassic Park 3. IDK if you would count King Kong as a dinosaur movie, as it does have dinosaurs but it really isn't about them. Everybody loves Dinosaurs so i'm shocked it took any studio this long to make another big dinosaur movie, Jurassic Park sequel or not.

No doubt it is gonna do well at the box office but if this thing is well received it is gonna blow up.

I wanna see this because of the fond childhood memories and the fact that I like dinosaurs and the JP-franchise... But I really have a feeling it's gonna be bad, or at least just a so-so typical summer blockbuster.

Anyways, I will try to catch the press screening of this, which I think will be the 8th of June, and hopefully it will be good and a great fun experience in IMAX 3D - if not, at least I didn't pay for it

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...-film#/slide/1

Colin Trevorrow says he will not be directing the next Jurassic Park film. IDK how I feel about this.

Star Wars is doing the same thing going with different directors for each film so this may be nothing but it still worries me that it could Colin didn't enjoy his time making the film which in turn would spell trouble, unless I'm reading too much into this lol

I just don't want this movie to suck

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I think this movie looks awesome. Can't wait to see it.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Well early buzz from the premiere is that this movie is pretty good actually, I'm still taking this with a grain of salt but this movie doesn't have to be better than JP (There's no way it will be), as long as it's better than The Lost World I will be extremely happy.

Some people else where are trying to make the stupid argument that because the embargo ends 2 days before the release that means the movie sucks. Plenty of movies do that and still that's TWO FULL DAYS before it comes out, plenty of time for critics to bombard it with hate if that's the case. I swear some people will make any excuse to ruin fans' day.

i'm damm excited about jp4. waiting for the movie to release on 12th june.

In the Beginning...
I wasn't at all interested in this movie until I read the following bit of news:

WARNING: "Jurassic World" spoilers below
It's confirmed that the Tyrannosaurus rex in this film is actually the same one from the first film. She's 22 years older and (probably) a little surlier, and the theory is that she's perhaps kept in a discrete sanctuary part of the park because of the original incident (you know, since she's tasted lawyer and all).

So the plot involves a new genetically modified super intelligent "I-Rex" dinosaur getting out and running amok, right? All signs point to the climax of the film going something like this: (1) human characters have exhausted all options and still can't contain this abomination; (2) someone says, "What about the T-Rex?"; (3) Bryce Dallas Howard goes to the paddock, flare in hand (click!), lets her out, and leads her to the enemy; which leads to (4) EPIC DINO THROWDOWN (preferably with Ms. Rex the victor).

Putting the original T-Rex in the movie is absolutely brilliant. Jurassic Park was, in a lot of ways, my generation's Jaws, and that dinosaur is as memorable to me as any great character from my childhood. As strange as it sounds, it'll be like seeing an old friend I never thought I'd see again. I can't wait.

I wasn't at all interested in this movie until I read the following bit of news:

It's confirmed that the Tyrannosaurus rex in this film is actually the same one from the first film. She's 22 years older and (probably) a little surlier, and the theory is that she's perhaps kept in a discrete sanctuary part of the park because of the original incident (you know, since she's tasted lawyer and all).

So the plot involves a new genetically modified super intelligent "I-Rex" dinosaur getting out and running amok, right? All signs point to the climax of the film going something like this: (1) human characters have exhausted all options and still can't contain this abomination; (2) someone says, "What about the T-Rex?"; (3) Bryce Dallas Howard goes to the paddock, flare in hand (click!), lets her out, and leads her to the enemy; which leads to (4) EPIC DINO THROWDOWN (preferably with Ms. Rex the victor).

Putting the original T-Rex in the movie is absolutely brilliant. Jurassic Park was, in a lot of ways, my generation's Jaws, and that dinosaur is as memorable to me as any great character from my childhood. As strange as it sounds, it'll be like seeing an old friend I never thought I'd see again. I can't wait.
yeah Jurassic Park is my favorite movie and I grew up on it (And even the 2 sequels I really liked when I was young, not until I got older that I started to like JP3 less and less, I still do enjoy TLW even with some plot holes it may have. It at least doesn't have as many as JP3) and when I heard this news I was even more excited I am really hoping this movie is good.

It's confirmed that the Tyrannosaurus rex in this film is actually the same one from the first film. She's 22 years older and (probably) a little surlier, and the theory is that she's perhaps kept in a discrete sanctuary part of the park because of the original incident .
Heard about that like a month ago. But interesting nonetheless. If I miss this in the theater I'll most likely purchase the Blu-Ray.