Rodent's 1950-Present Sci-Fi and Futuristic-Fantasy Movies

→ in
Tools    

Well, it took a few days to get this list together, but I've managed to get a Countdown going on...

If you're a Sci-Fi fan, these are the films from each year that you must see.

A Rodent Countdown
Sci-Fi, Space And Futuristic-Fantasy Films
1950 To Present Day

May as well kick off with the first two then...

The Flying Saucer

Wiki

The Day The Earth Stood Still

Wiki

I've not seen Flying Saucer. The Day The Earth Stood Still is OK.

Flying Saucer is a bit of a Marmite movie,there's a number of crapfests in this list, but they're still must see movies

Nice idea for a list, everyone knows your a big Sci-Fi fan, so this should be good.

Only seen Invasion Of The Body Snatchers so far, quite recently too, but I think it's a fantastic film

Journey To The Center Of The Earth
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers

The Blob
Invaders From Mars
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Seen em, Enjoyed them all!

Lord High Filmquisitor
The Day the Earth Stood Still is just decent: solid enough, but nothing all that special.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Blob and Journey to the Center of the Earth are all awesome, though.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Invaders From Mars
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers
The Blob
Journey To The Center Of The Earth

The original The Day The Earth Stood Still is one of my all-time favorite sci-fi films.

As I recall, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea is another great movie. I haven't seen it in a while though. I'll have to rewatch it again.

Invasion Of The Body Snatchers is a good movie, but a bit creepy, (which works well for this movie).

I liked the original version of The Blob, but it's another movie that I haven't seen in a while.

Journey To The Center Of The Earth is another good movie.

So far, this is a great list to use as a reference if we do a B movie science fiction and creature features HoF.

I don't know if I've ever been able to sit through Quatermass or not. I think I've seen it all. Invasion Of The Bodysnatchers is brilliant. I have it on my 100.

Time for the 60s...

The Lost World

Wiki

Mysterious Island

Wiki

Maybe I should articulate some...

The Day The Earth Stood Still...if viewed with the mindset of someone from the 1950s, with the Red scare being pounded into your head....and THEN you see this refreshing movie that shows us that the unknown is not always something evil and that unbridled fear lives in the hearts of many men, then the film becomes a daring master piece. 5/5

Journey To The Center Of The Earth...This is just a great story line, almost like we're taking the journey ourselves. Interesting characters with the great James Mason and Pat Boone too, oh and the duck. 4/5

Invasion Of The Body Snatchers...This one also works as allegory about the threat of communist infration into American society. People where really scarred of this kind of thing. Well done film. 4/5

The Blob...It sounds like good stupid fun, but it's a fairly well done story. One of the best of the Bs. 3.5/5

Invaders From Mars
...Pretty well done film, with more science in it than one would expect. 3.5/5

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea...
Not as interesting as it could have been, but Kirk Douglas and James Mason help it out. 3/5