Movies that made you cry

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
What movies made you cry?

Plus why & which scenes?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

that's the only one ever?

Also a terrible typo in the thread title

that's the only one ever?
Not by a long shot. Just the first one that came to mind.

I'm an easy cry, I cry at a lot of movies, which actually makes it harder to think of lots of them when I try. But I'll try again later.

The Champ 1979

I was 10, and absolutely devastated.

Aside from me, my Mom told me a funny story where when we saw Bambi. When the mother gets shot there was this little girl that started crying so hard and loudly that her Dad had to take her out of the theater. Almost within a minute after leaving they returned and she was completely fine. It was so sudden people were surprised, someone asked the Dad "What did you do?". He answered "I told her she was fine and just her batteries had ran out."

I cried on the 1931 version, but NOT during its ending, which I thought to be the weakest part of the film. I haven't seen the 1979 version yet.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
The last one I remember, and I'm sure everyone will think it's dumb, but Gravity.

I'm glad I was alone in the theater because I was full-on ugly crying when
WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
Clooney's character cut himself loose.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

Interesting. I didn't find this one very engaging, let alone moving. Anyway, nothing shameful about being moved by art.

There are a lot of them, but the one that leaps to mind and is my go-to answer on Reddit when someone asks for sad movie recommendations is The Broken Circle Breakdown. There are multiple moments in it that make me cry and if you've seen the movie, then I don't need to explain when or why.

Trailer:

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Recently...

All of Us Strangers ...cried pretty much all the way through that one.

After Life (1998) even though it was fairly calm and not manipulative in itself, it was the sort of film that just made you think about life and death.

Barefoot Gen during the war film watching phase last year. The scene where he can't save his family was pretty heartbreaking.

I know this is not the first thread on this subject, but I thought I'd go ahead and post one scene that always makes me lose it no matter how many times I watch it:

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
So many. Moulin Rouge! put me down for three days.

Just movies?
FLCL gets me all misty-eyed too.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
The Fly 2
The scene where he's found out that the dog he befriended when he was younger is still alive after being mutilated by the teleporter. He euthinises the dog to end its sufferring.
I always cry at that part .
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

Far too many to mention them all. But the ones I cried hardest at:

Dear Zachary
The broken Circle Breakdown
lilyah-4-ever
Aftersun
Close
Blue Valentine
All of us Strangers
The Lovers on a Bridge
Three Colours Blue
Dancer in the Dark
Failan
My Sassy girl (2001)
The Son's room
Poetry
El norte
Grave of the Fireflies
BluJay
The Passion of Joan of Arc
The Rider
Rust and Bone

A system of cells interlinked
I am a softy these days. Just hearing the music from the final scene in Arrival, for instance, gets me all misty eyed. Some titles that come to mind that got me are Aftersun, Gravity, The Fountain, Grave of the Fireflys, Million Dollar Baby, Little Women ('94), Interstellar, The Elephant Man

There are many more...