The most unfunny comedian actor of all time?

Tools    

Pauline Kael's Hideous Mutant Love CHUD
Does Sarah Silverman count? Not sure she's acted but she's never made me laugh.

She was on the exquisitely awful Greg the Bunny... so, yeah.
"If it was priggish for an older generation of reviewers to be ashamed of what they enjoyed and to feel they had to be contemptuous of popular entertainment, it's even more priggish for a new movie generation to be so proud of what they enjoy that they use their education to try to place trash within the acceptable academic tradition." -- Pauline Kael

I mean she's probably funnier than I am. But I don't really get the appeal.

Yeah, but diphtheria is officially funnier than she is... so, it all evens out.

Count me as a fan of Jack Black (at least the few movies I've seen him in)

Not a fan of his, overall... but, I gotta give him Tropic Thunder.

Not a fan of his, overall... but, I gotta give him Tropic Thunder.
I've not seen that. I thought he was good in School of Rock, Shallow Hal and The Polka King. I know he's made a lot of crappy movies that no one watches but given the right film he can be good.

The truth is in here
He's a comedic genius, but have you seen any interviews with him? He's really awkward and cracks not so funny jokes, it's strange.
Could be either that he's a brilliant scripted comedian but struggles more being funny on the fly, or he suffers from social anxiety like Harrison Ford. Being in the spotlight all the time isn't for everyone and might feel uncomfortable.

Speaking of the former, I saw a bit of Bob Hope's army standup and sadly didn't find it as funny as I was hoping for, but every time I see him in a movie he always makes me laugh. Either his humor just went too much over my head or he simply works better when he's given a situation to work with and just goes nuts with it.

I've not seen that. I thought he was good in School of Rock, Shallow Hal and The Polka King. I know he's made a lot of crappy movies that no one watches but given the right film he can be good.
Have you seen "Bernie"? Totally different role for him.

I like Chevy and Belushi. Akroyd never did it for me.
Akroyd was pretty good in the "Two Wild and Crazy Guys" skits, but I never cared for the Beldar Conehead routines.

Steve Martin was my favorite. Also I loved his stand-up shows. And of course Gilda Radner was a riot.

Have you seen "Bernie"? Totally different role for him.
I've not seen that but I know someone who has and they thought it was really good.

I'm struggling to find a comedic actor that I don't find funny.

Akroyd was pretty good in the "Two Wild and Crazy Guys" skits, but I never cared for the Beldar Conehead routines.

Steve Martin was my favorite. Also I loved his stand-up shows. And of course Gilda Radner was a riot.
I’m a big Martin fan but don’t make the mistake of bringing him up in SNL cast talk anymore. Got my hand slapped too many times. My generator is the early 90’s. So of course those are my faves.

How about Martin Lawrence? (I tried watching his sit-com once and by the end felt more depressed than when I started).
Good call on Lawrence being unfunny. His stand-up is strictly swearing and his sitcom was poop. The only film that was tolerable is "Life", co-starring Eddie Murphy and a great supporting cast.

Amy Schumer is pretty awful

Andy Dick is pretty awful

Chelsea Handler is pretty awful

Some people just seem to get handed a pay check and a platform

some of Amyu Shumr's standup is funny but she's a terrible actress. Chelsea Handler's humor is so mean-spirited, the woman is SO angry.

A system of cells interlinked
I will second Will Ferrell. The guy sucks the wind out of any movie scene he is in. I tend to avoid any film he is in.

I’m a big Martin fan but don’t make the mistake of bringing him up in SNL cast talk anymore. Got my hand slapped too many times. My generator is the early 90’s. So of course those are my faves.
I haven't heard that, Seanc. What's the beef with Martin and SNL? I don't think I've watched SNL since 1980.