What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

For Christmas, my lady friend and I were going to "give" each other a road trip to Washington D.C., but we've had to put it on hold. Because of this, I'd only bought her some small, supplementary-type presents. So to make up for this, we decided to use some of the Christmas money we received to go on a little second-hand shopping spree at the local Goodwill, Marshall's, and The Exchange.

The Exchange, for those of you who don't have them, sells new and (mostly) used media; DVDs, CDs, video games, etc. Pretty good place to go for cheap used movies and discs just rare enough that you won't find them at Target or Wal-Mart. Tons of DVDs for $5, and a fair number for $2.50.

Anyway, I got the following...

That's not Aeon Flux the movie, mind you, but the complete animated series.

Less than $60 for the whole lot, and the last two were almost two-thirds of that. Love The Exchange.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Wow, Aeon Flux the series! I can still remember watching that when you were a wee sprite, Yoda. (What channel used to play it? I keep thinking MTV, but I could be wrong....)

That's cool, Yoda. I'm not sure, but did you see this post?
No, I hadn't! Wow! That's amazing. I have to run now, but I'd love to ask you some questions about this later. That's very cool.

Wow, Aeon Flux the series! I can still remember watching that when you were a wee sprite, Yoda. (What channel used to play it? I keep thinking MTV, but I could be wrong....)
It was MTV, but it might not have been the actual series. It started as a series of shorts on Liquid Television, I believe. I think that was what we saw.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Well, yes, Liquid Television. Now I remember. Now, wasn't THAT on MTV?? LOL....

Geez, mark, very cool! My claim to fame is a childhood/high school friend who did music producer-type work on Empire Records and also Jackass: The Movie and got her name on the soundtrack and DVD.

Aeon Flux, though. Yoda, I'll have to borrow that.... (Ha ha ha, after I give your Arrested Development back, I knowwwwww.)

You ready? You look ready.

The IMAX scenes are awesome.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Another film turned up in the post this morning.

The Hanzo The Razor trilogy for nasty Japanese swordplay fun, the second part in the excellent Scorpion series, and Richard Stanley's ultra stylish cult horror Dust Devil (which I haven't seen for years and didn't realize had a dvd release).

I noticed the first of those Female Convict Scorpion in HMV for a hefty price, how do they compare to the Girl Boss series? I've seen a few of the latter but these ones don't like pinky flicks....

I've not seen any of the Girl Boss films (gyaa too many films), for one they're still pretty expensive to import from the US, and the film fair I go to (which is tomorrow) never seems to have them. Could do with a box set of these really, an uncut UK release would be nice too.

You can see my thoughts on parts 1 & 3 of the Scorpion films here: -
http://www.movieforums.com/community...postcount=8918

Originally posted by Pyro Tramp >

'but these ones don't like pinky flicks....'

Not sure what you mean by the above though.

Wanted

Because I really wanted to see it, but they were out at Hollywood video. A lady gave me a dirty look when I bought it cause she was looking to rent it also. Hey that money was for gas lady, so now I am bummin rides for a few days, but dammit I got to see my movie while you hovered around the returns area!!!

The People's Republic of Clogher
Wanted

Because I really wanted to see it, but they were out at Hollywood video. A lady gave me a dirty look when I bought it cause she was looking to rent it also. Hey that money was for gas lady, so now I am bummin rides for a few days, but dammit I got to see my movie while you hovered around the returns area!!!

Are you the type of person who, while deliberating over buying something, hides it at the back of the shelf before wandering around the store checking if there's anything more worthy of your cash?

I am that man.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)

Little Big Man (1970)

Cabaret (1972)

The Fly (1986) - 2-Disc Collector's Edition

The Powerpuff Girls: The Mane Event
I bought it because it was cheap, but, mainly I bought it for the Mojo Jojo commentary on one of the episodes.

Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter
It's my 2nd favourite Friday film.