Your Time Magazine Cover

Tools    

Time Magazine Birthday Cover

Kinda neat. Thank Iluv2viddyfilms for the link.

Here's mine.

Hubert H. Humphrey May 3, 1968
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Put me in your pocket...
Here's mine.

For the week of Sep. 12, 1960....Shah of Iran

Randomly visiting for now
mmm mine seems fairly important. I think that's coral on the cover which doesn't match the headlines......or maybe it's what a virus looks like

May 4th, 1970

I have a birthday where I can predict what the main story on the front page of nearly every single newspaper in America looked like - though it doesn't work for the Time cover because they're about a week behind in stories. I was born on May 5th, 1970. On May 4th, 1970 National Guardsmen at the Kent State campus in Ohio opened fire on unarmed protesters of the U.S. involvement in Cambodia as an ancillary operation of the Vietnam War - four students were killed, nine wounded. So on my birthday, virtually all papers had that as their top story.

"Tin soldiers and Nixon coming
we're finally on our own
This summer I hear the drumming
Four dead in Ohio

Gotta get down to it
Soldiers are cutting us down
should have been done long ago.
What if you knew her
and found her dead on the ground
How can you run when you know?"

- Neil Young, "Ohio"
*released May 14th, 1970
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike

May 4th, 1970
Scary!

A system of cells interlinked
Well, mine has emporer hirohito on it. I can't seem to access the image server you guys are using to post these covers, and only seem to have access to the HTML page with the cover on it, as well as much other info that doesn't need to be posted on MoFo. I usually have no problem linking images to post, but I can't get to a page that contains only the cover....

It was from early Oct, 1971.

I kind of like this one:

My life isn't written very well.
You've got to be kidding!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	time67.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	4435  

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

The People's Republic of Clogher

Sadly, in the words of Ultravox, this means nothing to me.

UK-type peeps might find this one interesting too - Private Eye Covers

Here's mine -