Movie Forums Top 100 of the 2010s - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

I still haven't made a list and I'm already dreading it. When's the deadline again?

EDIT: Ok, December 12. Thanks, first post.

Action- 6
Comedy- 6
Horror- 5
Superhero- 6
Thriller - 2

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Submitted, so I can't forget! I think cutting the last 35 down to 25 was the hardest bit. Looking forward to the countdown

I think I'm pretty close to set on what I'm going to vote for, but I still have like 20 movies I plan to rewatch before I finalize my ballot so it will probably be pretty last minute.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm still trying to watch and rewatch a bunch of movies before finalizing my list, but I'm getting slammed with work because the holiday shopping season started early this year. (For some reason, my holiday sales season started even before Halloween this year.)

Maybe next time we have a countdown that ends around the holiday season we should consider extending the deadline to watch movies a little bit for those of us whose work schedule is impacted by the holiday shopping season?

The truth is in here
Dividing by genre is too complicated, so I'm gonna go by country instead:

USA - 11
England - 3
France - 3
Spain - 1
Russia - 1
Denmark - 1
Norway - 1
Sweden - 1
Turkey - 1
Serbia - 1
Japan - 1

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm still trying to watch and rewatch a bunch of movies before finalizing my list, but I'm getting slammed with work because the holiday shopping season started early this year. (For some reason, my holiday sales season started even before Halloween this year.)

Maybe next time we have a countdown that ends around the holiday season we should consider extending the deadline to watch movies a little bit for those of us whose work schedule is impacted by the holiday shopping season?
Postponed to December 2023

looking at my ballot again and there is an unfortunate lack of variety lmao.

US - 8
Japan - 8
France - 4
India - 3
Chile - 1
UK - 1

and to take some wild stabs at genre:

Fantasy - 7
Drama - 6
Horror - 4
Documentary - 2
War - 1
Comedy - 1
Crime - 1
Romance - 1
Noir - 1
Action - 1

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Postponed to December 2023

That would help. I might be able to narrow it down to my top 50 by then.

Looking at my schedule and estimated timeline, I'm probably submitting the day before. I still have two movies on my queue I want to watch and two I really want to re-watch. Plus up to four more re-watches just for the sake of feeling more certain on the order and possibly culling.
I already had a list of 20-30 movies on hand, mostly already ordered to be working from (adding, removing, re-ordering), so that's always something I can fall back to.

My ballot by countries (lots of multi-national productions, but I think these are the primary countries):

Austria
Canada x 2
Czech Republic
Germany
Indonesia
Ireland
Japan
Mexico
Netherlands
South Korea x 2
Spain
UK x 2
USA x 10

There should actually be one less USA and one additional country with one entry, but I forgot (at least) one film.

Okay, so there's a bit of an issue. Yoda just discovered that someone planted explosives in this thread which will blow up this entire forum permanently unless you all submit your ballots within the next two weeks, so now it's even more imperative that you submit them.

Also, I heard that joining the Group Watch thread might weaken the explosives as well