Television Tab

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

6 of 9 episodes done. Digging it so far, it seems like they are finally giving everyone in the cast something to do. I don't mind the new cast additions either, but that might change with the controversial episode 7 coming up.

Suspect's Reviews

Episode 7 is great if you never got the chance to experience a mall in the 80's.

This put me right to sleep.

Not feeling it. Too derivative of Gomorra.

Excellent mini-series.

@honeykid tomorrow BBC4 Detectorists is back!

Anyone who’s not seen it, you’re missing a really gentle, very English bittersweet comedy
Briefly, what is it about?

@honeykid tomorrow BBC4 Detectorists is back!

Anyone who’s not seen it, you’re missing a really gentle, very English bittersweet comedy
Thanks for this, honey. I didn't see it was on at all. I'll have to catch it on iPlayer.

@StirchleyThe Detectorists is a very well written, observed and acted comedy about two metal detectorists. Sounds a bit dull, but it's what I'd call a gentle comedy. In terms of pace, it's slow, but always moving and it stars the bloody wonderful Toby Jones, so it can't be bad. I would say it's one of those things that only the British (or the BBC) can do, but I'd probably be wrong, so I'll say it's one of those things no other country can do better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detectorists

The Nature Boy (30for30) wasn't what I expected. They presented Flair in a formulaic child to legend story, with a tragic emotional punch as a finale. I may have expected more insight from his peers, apparently Flair had a flare for exposure.

The best part was Triple H's surprisingly candid take on Flair and his behavior, while showing his affection for the man.

File to: Behind the Music

Has anyone seen inhumams? I'm just wondering if it's any good because apparently it flopped.
I tried, but it was too stiff and some of the character designs are lackluster.

You've got red on you!
I'm forcing myself to only watch one ep a week of Stranger Things 2 and last night I watched episode two. I love it so far but god almighty the guy who drives the Trans Am is gross! I remember those types of guys well in high school, and this character is spot on!

I'm forcing myself to only watch one ep a week of Stranger Things 2 and last night I watched episode two.
Let us know how that goes.

My lack of self-control had me ripping off the final episodes in quick succession.

Damnation (USA network)

A show that is set in Harlan county, but not quite Justified. Take a little bit of pulp and smear it across a depression era country setting. Throw in a preacher with a mysterious past and multiple conflicting parties and the blood will spill.

The first episode was entertaining. I don't know how much is really there, but it does feature a Tom Hardy doppelgänger in a prominent role.

Thanks for this, honey. I didn't see it was on at all. I'll have to catch it on iPlayer.

@StirchleyThe Detectorists is a very well written, observed and acted comedy about two metal detectorists. Sounds a bit dull, but it's what I'd call a gentle comedy. In terms of pace, it's slow, but always moving and it stars the bloody wonderful Toby Jones, so it can't be bad. I would say it's one of those things that only the British (or the BBC) can do, but I'd probably be wrong, so I'll say it's one of those things no other country can do better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detectorists
all HK says is true. I just find it really touching, one of those programmes where you feel like you know the characters because you know people just like that in real life. No character is written as larger than life, or is given an exaggerated comic personality.
Everything is underplayed giving you visual rather than verbal clues. I'll give you an example from this weeks ep - for reasons in the past storyline the McKenzie Crook character, Andy, his missus and baby are lodging with his mother in law Veronica (wonderful Diana Rigg) . He comes back from detectoring and faces a barrage of 'take your boots off outside the front door' , 'leave your boots on the newspaper' etc instructions from Veronica. It would've been so easy to make her a complete dragon, but no she's just reading the paper at the table and Andy comes in and gives her a kiss on the cheek. From that little scene you know they get on, you know she's finding it hard having them all in her house but she loves them all, and he's grateful for her taking them in.
The series is full of little moments that might even bring a tear to your eye, it has me on several occasions. This is the last series of three. I thought McKenzie Crook was only doing two so this is like a special little present

WARNING: "Vice Principals Finale, who shot Gamby speculation on my part" spoilers below
Just wanted to post this for the public record. I have no reason, no hunch, no clue, just brazen intuition.

I am putting my chips on Dayshawn. Why? It is going to be a character from left-field. I am going to eliminate Lee Russell, his estranged wife and MIL. The only purpose of having the evidence in the Jeep is misdirection and avenue for Gamby to direct his attention.

Dayshwan feels like the only character that constantly pops up and has nothing to do with anything, other than listening to Gamby. Gamby doesn't really treat him that great and only calls on him when he needs something. I'm pretty sure it won't be him, but I don't think you can deduce anymore than a guess.

all HK says is true. I just find it really touching, one of those programmes where you feel like you know the characters because you know people just like that in real life.
I’ve been streaming it on Amazon since I got the thumbs up here. Amazing to me that MC writes & directs each episode. Not easy to act & direct at the same time. I do think he was very lucky to get Toby Jones, who is excellent.

I love the nature photography & especially the sound of the wind in the trees. Also like the little snapshots of bugs & whatever.

Very sweet comedy. I will finish season 2, but may or may not watch another season. Glad MC has made the decision not to go on forever.

Andy, his missus and baby are lodging with his mother in law Veronica (wonderful Diana Rigg) . He comes back from detectoring and faces a barrage of 'take your boots off outside the front door' , 'leave your boots on the newspaper' etc instructions from Veronica. It would've been so easy to make her a complete dragon, but no she's just reading the paper at the table and Andy comes in and gives her a kiss on the cheek. From that little scene you know they get on, you know she's finding it hard having them all in her house but she loves them all, and he's grateful for her taking them in.
I’m confused. I never came across a scene like that & I watched seasons 1 & 2.