Honestly, The Saddest Movie You've Ever Seen

Tools    

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
The Godfather Part III
Yeah, that movie broke my heart too. I was distraught that they made it, cried my eyes out for weeks. I understand your pain.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Yeah, that movie broke my heart too. I was distraught that they made it, cried my eyes out for weeks. I understand your pain.
He he.. I think the fate of Mary Corleone - her love life and death - was pretty sad.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
Hackers, this movie was so unbelievably gay it was SAD!!!!

EDIT: mar.12.04, let me 1/2 apologize for that, it was my little brother's post... I guess to him Sad has the alternate meaning of "oh so bad". I do not apologize however for the fact that this movie really was in fact horriable

it's disney's "hunchback of notredame". it wasn't exactly sad, but i just can't help crying everytime he comes out of the tower at the end of the movie and that little girl goes up to touch his face. so ...symbollic

Freddys Little Friend
It would have to the Cable Guy or even a B grade movie called the Coroner..

Then there is Dumb and Dumberer

Originally Posted by Freddy's Friend
It would have to the Cable Guy or even a B grade movie called the Coroner..

Then there is Dumb and Dumberer
Well Freddy's Friend, I am not sure you understand the meaning of saddest, or maybe you do.

For me, the saddest film I've seen is an Anime - The Grave of the Fireflies.
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by bluebottle
For me, the saddest film I've seen is an Anime - The Grave of the Fireflies.

Howdy Blue, welcome to MoFo. I get the idea you like anime, as I do as well. I would scope out Beale's review thread for some solid Anime reviews. I tend to like the darker stuff as does he from the look of things. Have you seen Perfect Blue?

_S

Beale's Amazing Anime thread

Also, this very review thread we are conversing in was created by a reviewer whom I think is one of the best on the web, so I would read all Slay's stuff as well, twice even. This is not to forget Mark's Movie reviews for Fun if your feeling noirish, or Piddzilla for some not so mainstream gems. Silver Bullet occasionaly drops a nuclear information bomb on th site and I recommend scoping those out as well. There are others I have left out, whose talents are not to be glossed over, but the list would get mightly long if I tried to list everyone

[EDIT] I just noticed where I was, this is not Slay's reviews. Scratch that/reverse it, you know the drill. Check out the reviews anyway![ED****

Thanks, for all the info, Sedai. Good call on Perfect Blue, it's one of my favourite animes.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by bluebottle
Thanks, for all the info, Sedai. Good call on Perfect Blue, it's one of my favourite animes.
I concur, I am due for some anime watching methinks. I need to finish off Gasaraki and get into some more Noir here directly. Then again I may need to watch Perfect Blue again

_S

ok... here goes...
I've cried at (and I don't care if I look/seem foolish):

-Donnie Darko-the end with 'Mad World' echoing his life... I think that the understanding of the movie is all in that one song...
-Riding in Cars With Boys-can't remember the bit
-My Girl-obviously
-Little Women- When a certain character dies
-Love Actually- the beginning with the funeral and the wedding
-The Land Before Time- when the dinosaur dies
-Bambi-obviously
-Jurassic Park-because I was scared
-Quantam Leap-the episode where Sam goes back to the 60s and lives with his family and sees his brother who died in Vietnam. I've seen that episode so many times, and every time i see it I bawl... That and the part where he tells his little sister that John Lennon dies, before he's actually dead... oops...but still a tear-jerking moment...
-The Green Mile- when he goes to see Mr Jingles at the end of the movie... and pretty much the whole movie...
-The Muppet Christmas Carol-when Scrooge goes to the future and sees that Tiny Tim might die... that bit tears my heart out...
-Edward Scissorhands-because it is one of the most beautiful movies i've ever seen...
-Steel Magnolias obviously
-Babe-not the second movie which was just plain old disturbing...
-Finding Nemo- Near the end when Dory is saying her little bit about Marlin being her 'home'... didn't exactly make me cry, but gets me very choked up...
-Monsters Inc.-The end: 'Kittie?'
-Always-cuz it's sad...
-Stand By Me- the end credit-y bit where it says where all of the characters are 'now' and it mentions River Phoenix... I think it's terribly sad because of his death...
-Spirited Away- it's such a breathtaking movie... I would reccomend it to everyone but my enemies...
-The Cable Guy-because you see how truly sad an individual he really is...
-The Wizard of Oz-Oh my god... don't even get me started....
-Tarzan (Disney)-just the fact that he's made to leave his home... and the bit with the mummy gorilla and that Phil Collins song...
-The Lord of the Rings-The Trilogy-all of them are truly amazing... in every aspect...
-Father of the Bride- when he can't see his daughter leave her reception, and doesn't see her that much during the reception anyway, I think it's just awful!
-The Birds-When they see the teacher... I think that's incredibly heartbreaking...
-This Is Spinal Tap- when Nigel comes back to the band... It's more of an 'awwww, yay!' kind of bawl-yer-eyes out...
-The Fresh Prince of Bel Air-The Last Episode... every time i see it it has the same effect on me... I need about 3 boxes of kleenex!
-Mr Holland's Opus- very sweet movie... I think it's when he finds out his son is deaf... and at the end...
-True Romance-they were made for each other! (i cried at the alternate ending)
-The 76th Academy Awards-I was tired...ok?
-Schindler's List- Anyone would...
-Old Yeller- WHHHYYYYYYYY????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Dumbo-the bit with the mommy elephant and the baby elephant...(Mrs Jumbo and Dumbo)
-The Lion King-
-Cast Away- When Wilson gets lost... first and seond time... it's so tragic! seriously!
-Lorenzo's Oil-how far the father and mother went for their child is
amazing...
-The Secret Garden-The song by Linda Rondstadt is so heartwrenching....
-Stepmom-the christmas speech she gives...
-Apollo 13-It's such a good movie!
-October Sky-Jake Gyllenhaal is such an amazing actor!
-Lilo and Stitch-'Ohana means no one gets left behind'
-Billy Elliot-that's, like CRAZY sad...
-Four Weddings and a Funeral- at the last part of the title...
-X-Men-at the end of both movies...
-Anywhere But Here-the relationship is so believable...
-Where the Heart Is-I don't know what it was, but it was really sad...
-Leon-'for Mathilda' funny, and gut-wrenchingly sad...
-What's Eating Gilbert Grape?-poor widdle Johnny...
-Top Gun-yes, the Goose bit...
-The Nightmare Before Christmas-Poor Old Jack
-Summer Stock-when Judy Garland sings the song to the stars...
-American Beauty-when he's 'flying'
-Toy Story 2-when Jesse is singing... well, when Sarah McLaughlin is singing... lol
-I'd like to say Love Story but then I'd be lying... :s
-Muriel's Wedding-at the kind of obvious bit...

when i think of more i'll say so....

Last 5 Movies I have Watched...
The Astral Factor-•
Bridget Jones's Diary•••
The Maltese Falcon••••
Sliding Doors•••
Battle Royale••••

Collectormania
IMDb

Lets put a smile on that block
I agree with some on your list -
Originally Posted by slug_slug
-The Land Before Time- when the dinosaur dies
This used to make me cry loads when i was little. I actually think i held a funeral service for the mummy dinsosaur who dies coz its so sad....thats when my mum stopped letting me watch kids movies...
-Quantam Leap-the episode where Sam goes back to the 60s and lives with his family and sees his brother who died in Vietnam. I've seen that episode so many times, and every time i see it I bawl... That and the part where he tells his little sister that John Lennon dies, before he's actually dead... oops...but still a tear-jerking moment...
I used to love this show! "oh boy..." I never saw this episode though, but i remember the very last episode when you find out Sam Beckett has been working for god the whole time. I thought that was quite moving.
but you saying about this did remind me of something else.

the episode where buff's mum dies in Buffy the vampire Slayer Really makes me cry like a girly baby. Its so sad and so well done.

-The Green Mile- when he goes to see Mr Jingles at the end of the movie... and pretty much the whole movie...
yeah id agree with this

-The Muppet Christmas Carol-when Scrooge goes to the future and sees that Tiny Tim might die... that bit tears my heart out...
I do like that film but its not that bit that makes me get a little lump in my throat. Its the bit when Scrooge Ala Caine has repented all his evilness and is strolling around the streets, and Beaker (my favourite muppet) gives him his red scarf, to which Scrooge replies teary eyed "For me? Nones ever given me a gift before" So sweet.

-Edward Scissorhands-because it is one of the most beautiful movies i've ever seen...
Love that film, and totally agree with ya, its so beautiful. I love the ending, even though its so tragic.

-Babe-not the second movie which was just plain old disturbing...
Yeah Babe is quite sweet. Doesnt make me cry but i do think its very sweet and nice to watch in a sickly kind of way. I love the Narrators voice in it and the farmer, his so cool.
-Finding Nemo- Near the end when Dory is saying her little bit about Marlin being her 'home'... didn't exactly make me cry, but gets me very choked up...
yeah that bit puts a big lump in my throat. ive got no idea why but that films just evokes emoiton in me.
-Monsters Inc.-The end: 'Kittie?'

-Always-cuz it's sad...
I agree with you with these, Dont make me cry but i thik there very touching.

Good List!

nice to know i'm not the only one who gets all emotional-like at a muppet's movie!
lol
I totally agree with the Buffy one... there are too many episodes of Buffy that I've cried at...
It's quite refreshing to cry at movies... it makes me feel more human...
especially when I can relate to it...
I still think that My Girl is the one to make me cry hardest though!
I wanna watch a movie and cry now!
In fact... I think I might just take the TV up to my room and watch... hmmmmmm..... *runs fingers along a line of imaginary movies* That one!*picks up Donnie Darko*
I really want to watch Quantam Leap! I haven't seen it since I lived in Canada... I know they'll have it on the Sci-Fi channel, but I don't have Sky... oh well...
I really need to get out more...
lol
Hey! I'm gonna make THAT be my signature...
eeeeeexcellent.....

Originally Posted by bigvalbowski

Dead Man Walking. I think I cried during this one because my emotions were so torn. I didn't want to like this guy. He was a murderer and a rapist but when he admitted to the crime, and when I saw the scene with his family, he was no longer an animal. He was a human being and he didn't deserve to die.

Does anyone else ever get that feeling where their heart gets heavier, even sore after a really sad movie?
definitely dead man walking, and i get that feeling too
some other movies that just thoroughly bummed me out- mystic river (man this was really good too), graveyard of the fireflies (really heartbreaking), dancer in the dark, probably others too

Terms of Endearment; LoveStory;To Gillian on her 37thBirthday;Life is Beautiful

Radioman
one italian film called something like "life is beautiful"

I think the saddest movie i have seen is a film called " A Walk to Remember", it is sad when she tells her boyfriend that she has cancer, and then they get married before she dies.

My life isn't written very well.
Pay It Forward: I was a blubbering mess!

The Sixth Sense: the ending, when he's in the car with his mom.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

I've never seen it myself, but some people say Love Story is quite sad.

Pearl Harbor!!! The war screens and the aftermath!!!! I balled the whole way through from Beginning to end

"Resident Evil 2:Apocolypse" Mila Jovavich
"Phone Booth" Colin Ferrel, Keifer Sutherland (2003)
"Pay it Forward" Haley Joel Osmond, Helen Hunt(2000)
"American Wedding" Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan(2003)
"Dogma" Ben Affleck, Matt Damon(1999)
"LOTR" 1,2 & 3 Vigo Mortenison, Elijah Wood (2002-2003)
"Thirteen" Holly Hunter, Nikkie Reed (2004)