What movie should I watch next?

Tools    

Added "The Warriors", "Lawrence of Arabia" and "Gone With The Wind" to my watchlist.

Thank you and yes, I will be checking out the top lists.

Have you seen 12 Monkeys?

Have you seen Doctor Zhivago? Great old movie. I also recommend Hotel Rwanda and Shutter Island.

I notice "The Game" is on your watchlist. I really like it. Also Fruitvale Station, American Beauty, Triangle, Following, Memento. All brilliant.

Have you seen these:

Martha Marcy May Marlene
Animal Kingdom
Arlington Road
How I ended this Summer
Another Earth
Cargo
I saw the Devil
Cafe de Flore
Confessions
Tyrannosaur

Have you seen Doctor Zhivago? Great old movie. I also recommend Hotel Rwanda and Shutter Island.
That seems like a strange mix of movies.

Hotel Rwanda is quite good and seems to never get discussed here, but just be warned that it deals with genocide and has some very disturbing imagery.

I would recommend you watch Open Your Eyes. It is a spanish film win an incredible plot and awesome twist ending. If you like that kind of stuff.

I have a lot to recommend, but one that i have in mind is 12 tears a slave, it was really good!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll take a look at some of them. Maximum Overdrive looks good. But it has a low iMDB rating. Still, it could be good. :P

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Grand Budepest Hotel

Watch 12 years a slave

riddick 2013

Lilya 4-ever
Logan's Run
House of Whipcord
La Femme Nikita
Annie Hall
Dedication
Krull
Hamburger Hill
Serpico
Seven Samurai
Shinobi no Mono
Soldier Blue

I tried to limit it to just a few, but it was really really hard.
I also picked from a variety of genres, hope you enjoy them. If you enjoy any in particular I can certainly suggest more along the same lines.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Judging by your favorites, I would recommend Jacob's Ladder.

Martha Marcy May Marlene
Another Earth
OMG YES!!!!!!

Elizabeth Olsen and Brit Marlin are terrific actresses, and Zal Batmanglij is an excellent director. Also check out the movie The East staring Brit Marlin and Ellen Page (she also co-wrote both Another Earth and The East), and directed by Zal Batmanglij (who directed both movies and co-wrote them with Brit).

Watch analyse this with Robert De Niro, best comedy movie for me.
You can watch it online here http://adf.ly/jZN1O

The Cranes are Flying (1957)

In Russia a man and a woman are deeply in love, and then war with Germany comes...

Judging from your watchlist i would go ahead and see some of the Hitchcock classics like Vertigo, Rear Window, Psycho and North by Northwest. Also 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) by Stanley Kubrick is a must see.

Anyway with your film taste in mind im sure you would like Paul Verhoeven, here is 3 recommendable movies by him:

Robocop (1987):

Total Recall (1990)

Starship Troopers (1997)

I would really advise you to stay away from Fruitvale Station. One of the biggest movie turds of american indie movies in 2013.

As you are a filmstudent, i would advise you to look into some of the foreign film movements. It could be the French New Wave, Italian Neorealism or some of the more contemplative works of Tarkovsky and Béla Tarr.

If you like A Clockwork Orange, i would definitely recommend you The Funeral Parade of Roses from 1969 by Toshio Matsumoto, which btw is a better film imo. Some of the keyscenes in A Clockwork Orange is from that movie.

You could also try some of the monsters in filmmaking like:

Sátántangó (1994)

Shoah (1985)