What movie should I watch next?

Tools    

For you who aren't aware of my "next years resolution" for watching a film a day for a year my thread is here:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ewpost&t=34301

What I am asking for you guys to do if you're willing is to give me suggestions for new films to watch and I will consider them and possibly add them to my watchlist.

Also what film on my watchlist should I watch next?

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur47247809/...f_=nv_wl_all_0

iRhys, if I had to recommend one movie to you, it would be Strange Days, from 1995. I pick that one of course because I love it, but also because I'm not sure a lot of people have seen it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The watchlist does not show up.

I think it would be a good idea to get into foreign films and discover different genres and film movements in order to expand your movie knowledge. It's very time-consuming, but if you are as interested in world cinema as I am, it can be very addictive and enjoyable. The thing is I don't really know how many films have you actually seen and how far did you go with watching something else than 'contemporary films actually screened at cinema'. I will post a link to my RYM page, though. https://rateyourmusic.com/~mrminio Maybe you will find some films that interest you in my ratings.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
The Usual Suspects(1995,104min)
Se7en(1995,127min)
American Psycho(2000,102min)
The Shining(1980,144min)
Memento(2000,113mins)
Shutter Island(2010,138min)
The Sixth Sense(1999,107min0
The Others(2001,104min)
Pulp Fiction(1994,154min)
Kill Bill(2003,04,111min,137min)
The Dark Knight(2008,154min)
...I'm suggesting these "known"movies because it would be good to watch some if you didn't Ill suggest some not so famous but good movies tomorrow.

And something special for The Sci-Fi Slob
Following(1998,69min!)

iRhys, if I had to recommend one movie to you, it would be Strange Days, from 1995. I pick that one of course because I love it, but also because I'm not sure a lot of people have seen it.
I'll add it. Thanks! It looks interesting. Released on my birth year too.

The watchlist does not show up.

I think it would be a good idea to get into foreign films and discover different genres and film movements in order to expand your movie knowledge. It's very time-consuming, but if you are as interested in world cinema as I am, it can be very addictive and enjoyable. The thing is I don't really know how many films have you actually seen and how far did you go with watching something else than 'contemporary films actually screened at cinema'. I will post a link to my RYM page, though. https://rateyourmusic.com/~mrminio Maybe you will find some films that interest you in my ratings.
Foreign cinema is great and low-budget non-hollywood films can be great too. I'm open for everything. I am hopefully going to be doing film studies at university depending on my grades. I'll take a look. Thanks.

Watchlist was private thanks for telling me. It's now public.

Anything and everything in my Top 100. (link in my signature)

Also Mary and Max. which would have been really high in my top 100 if I'd seen it sooner.
Great. I'll take a look. Thank You!

The Usual Suspects(1995,104min)
Se7en(1995,127min)
American Psycho(2000,102min)
The Shining(1980,144min)
Memento(2000,113mins)
Shutter Island(2010,138min)
The Sixth Sense(1999,107min0
The Others(2001,104min)
Pulp Fiction(1994,154min)
Kill Bill(2003,04,111min,137min)
The Dark Knight(2008,154min)
...I'm suggesting these "known"movies because it would be good to watch some if you didn't Ill suggest more tomorrow.

And something special for The Sci-Fi Slob
Following(1998,69min!)
Films in bold I haven't seen and will add to my list. Thanks!
It's probably bad that I haven't seen some of these yet cause they are all huge lol.

P.S - I may have seen the others but will add it anyway.

Where's the comedies?
Have you got any suggestions? I've seen a lot of good comedies already and there are so many trashy ones to sort through.

I love comedy.

M

Westworld

Escape from New York

Some like it hot

Night of the Hunter

This is what order I would go in, based on the ones I've seen on your watch list:

American Psycho
The Godfather Trilogy
Se7en
The Shining
Shutter Island
Memento
A Clockwork Orange
Django Unchained
Rear Window

I want to recommend 2001, but there's a good possibility that you won't enjoy it. You need a certain mind set and expectations before you tackle it.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

This is what order I would go in, based on the ones I've seen on your watch list:

American Psycho
The Godfather Trilogy
Se7en
The Shining
Shutter Island
Memento
A Clockwork Orange
Django Unchained
Rear Window

I want to recommend 2001, but there's a good possibility that you won't enjoy it. You need a certain mind set and expectations before you tackle it.
Thanks for the input. American Psycho seems a good idea for a movie to watch next or at least soon.

It just depends if I feel like watching another Oscar nom or not. I would like to see at least all the feature films before the winners are announced.

I'd stick to kill a mockingbird high on your list.
One of the best book to film adaptations I've ever seen.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
As promised some less known(not less good)movies:
Primer(2004,77min)
The Insider(1999,157min)
Shaft(2000,99min)
Batman(1989,126min)
Triangle(2009,99min)
Oldboy(2003,120min)
The Machinist(2004,101min)
Barton Fink(1991,116min)

I'd stick to kill a mockingbird high on your list.
One of the best book to film adaptations I've ever seen.
Thanks I'll not it, the actual watchlist isn't ordered. I will be watching American Psycho first today though.

As promised some less known(not less good)movies:
Primer(2004,77min)
The Insider(1999,157min)
Shaft(2000,99min)
Batman(1989,126min)
Triangle(2009,99min) (ACTUALLY SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING)
Oldboy(2003,120min)
The Machinist(2004,101min)
Barton Fink(1991,116min)
Titles in bold I added to my watchlist. Thanks. +1 REP

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Have to tried filling in any of the lists on here? Just a thought.

Some movies you may enjoy, based on your favorites list:

I am sure you have seen at least one of them. Just going by your favorites it seems that you and I would have similar interest in film. Who knows.

Free up 4 hours and watch Lawrence of Arabia on the biggest screen you can. Seriously, as introductory, purely cinematic experiences go, I don't think it can be beaten. I'm pretty sure seeing that and Gone with the Wind on back to back days was what cemented my obsession with the art form.