Batman returns
0%
0 votes
Made In America
8.33%
3 votes
Multiplicity
36 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I'm a sucker for Michael Keaton, shame he isn't as active. Write in answer, if not available.

...uh the post is up there...

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
It would be nice to see something new from him Definately. My vote went to The Dream Team even though it probably ties with Mr. Mom

It’s funny but, my favourite Keaton film is not on your Poll. IMO The Paper is Keaton best performance and quite possibly his best film. You should check it out seeing as you must be a Keaton fan. My Life will probably be to sappy or to Hollywood tear jerker for some that would be right behind Keaton’s performance in The Paper. I remember when I was a kid having Keaton play Bruce Wayne meant nothing. I just really wanted to watch a movie about Batman. Then looking back at it as I got a bit older and a lot more into films. I realize what a risk Burton and Keaton took and just how much more remarkable and unique the films is because of it. People always talk about Jack and I’m not trying to take away from his acting in this one. Keaton’s portrayal of Batman has a more resonant feeling as you view the film on repeated views. While his character is a small one in Jackie Brown you’ve got to mention it cause he steals every scene he’s in. I really dig all the comedy work he’s done as well such as Night Shift, Mr. Mom, The Dream Team, Multiplicity, Speechless and Gung Ho. Pacific Heights was garbage lets face it, but I’m not so fast to throw it out on his acting chops alone the guy is seriously creepy. Image a dark not funny disturbing Beetlejuice with no special effect to be scary.

If anybody could tell me about these films it would be much appreciated.
One Good Cop
Clean and Sober

I remember thinking Clean And Sober was really good, with a good performance by Keaton.

I can't say I'm a fan of his at all. Just don't like him. I do, however, really like Batman Returns, so that's what I've voted for. The only other film on the list I've vote for would be The Dream Team, though I saw it again a year or so ago and wasn't as enamored as I was when it was released.

If you know me, you know I LOVE Michael Keaton, and own pretty much all of his movies. I hope so, anyway.

If anybody could tell me about these films it would be much appreciated.
One Good Cop
Clean and Sober
I love both of those films. As far as performance goes, Clean and Sober wins. Both movies are great, and should be on that list well before the bulk of the others that were listed. You should for sure view them both. I bet you favor Clean and Sober.

One other that was left off . . . Johnny Dangerously (1984).

p.s. Made in America? That one escapes me. I own the rest of your list, but can't vote/decide on just one.

If you know me, you know I LOVE Michael Keaton, and own pretty much all of his movies. I hope so, anyway.

I love both of those films. As far as performance goes, Clean and Sober wins. Both movies are great, and should be on that list well before the bulk of the others that were listed. You should for sure view them both. I bet you favor Clean and Sober.

Two others that were left off . . . Johnny Dangerously (1984) and Jackie Brown (1997) .

p.s. Made in America? That one escapes me. I own the rest of your list, but can't vote/decide on just one.

Yeah! I've really got to see those two films. I do remember watching One Good Cop althought that about it. It was at least 20 years ago and I can't remember much else. Glad to see another fan of Keaton's. What did you think of Desperate Measures ? to be honest as I watched the film I remember myself saying, yeah right! everytime Keaton's character would escape or do something and get away with it. Silly film I wonder what he saw in the project.

I did like One Good Cop, kind of a predictable cop in a moral dilemma, early 90's flick, but still good. Haven't seen Clan And Sober, though.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Glad to see another fan of The Paper, I thought I was alone on that one.

Out of the ones listed, Beetlejuice shows his best talents.

Suspect's Reviews

OTHER:

Clean & Sober
1988, Glenn Gordon Caron

Co-starring Morgan Freeman, Kathy Baker, Tate Donovan, Claudia Christian and M. Emmet Walsh. Great flick, underrated and unfairly forgotten.

I also love Night Shift (1982) and Jackie Brown (1997) as his best supporting roles. And for any Keaton fan who hasn't seen either Game 6 (2005) or The Merry Gentleman (2009), they're both worth renting for his very good performances. Merry Gentleman is also his directorial debut.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Glad to see another fan of Keaton's.
Ditto! I was the only one to vote for Mr. Mom in the John Hughes' thread. I thought I was the only one around here who loved that film. Except Holden! Also, I think you're the only other person I've seen mention Gung Ho. Multiplicity and Speechless are two of my least favorites from his comedy films. They're cute, but not like the others. Nowhere near.

What did you think of Desperate Measures ? to be honest as I watched the film I remember myself saying, yeah right! everytime Keaton's character would escape or do something and get away with it. Silly film.
I own it, but I've only watched it once. Until you mentioned it, I forgot all about him escaping. I honestly don't recall much about it. I love him, and Andy Garcia, but that fact didn't make me want to keep popping it in for a view. I saw your opinion on Pacific Heights, and I honestly like it a lot more than Desperate Measures.

I wonder what he saw in the project.
My guess . . . A paycheck.

My guess . . . A paycheck.
It`s a bit frustrating to be honest. I think he`s chosen his projects quite well over the years and taken some risk in the characters he`s protrayed. If I recall right and correct me if i`m wrong but, didn`t he do the cameo in Out of Sight for free. I have a hard time thinking it was for the paycheck he just doesn`t come across that way. I defiantly agree with your assessment on Speechless and Multipicity. There simple fun little comedy dramas that arn`t really worth more than one viewing.

It`s a bit frustrating to be honest. I think he`s chosen his projects quite well over the years and taken some risk in the characters he`s protrayed. If I recall right and correct me if i`m wrong but, didn`t he do the cameo in Out of Sight for free. I have a hard time thinking it was for the paycheck he just doesn`t come across that way.
I haven't a clue, to tell you the truth. I was teasing about the check. I need to watch it again, and see if I still feel the same way about it. I also haven't seen the two that Holden mentioned. I'll Netflix those real soon.

Here's his movie list, and what I have . . .

Night Shift (1982) ~ Own.
Mr. Mom (1983) ~ Own.
Johnny Dangerously (1984) ~ Own.
Gung Ho (1986) ~ Own.
Touch and Go (1986) ~ Didn't know about.
The Squeeze (1987) ~ Didn't know about.
Beetle Juice (1988) ~ Own.
Clean and Sober (1988) ~ Own.
The Dream Team (1989) ~ Own.
Batman (1989) ~ Own.
Pacific Heights (1990) ~ Own.
One Good Cop (1991) ~ Own.
Batman Returns (1992) ~ Own.
Much Ado About Nothing (1993) ~ Seen a bit, but don't own.
My Life (1993) ~ Own.
The Paper (1994) ~ Own.
Speechless (1994) ~ Own.
Multiplicity (1996) ~ Own.
Jackie Brown (1997) ~ Seen, but don't own . . . yet.
Desperate Measures (1998) ~ Own.
Out of Sight (1998) ~ Didn't know about.
Jack Frost (1998) ~ Own, but didn't really like it at all.
A Shot at Glory (2000) ~ Didn't know about.
Live from Baghdad (2002) ~ Didn't know about.
Quicksand (2003) ~ Didn't know about.
First Daughter (2004) ~ Didn't know about.
Game 6 (2005) ~ Need to see.
White Noise (2005) ~ Own.
Herbie Fully Loaded (2005) ~ Don't want to see!
The Last Time (2006) ~ Didn't know about.
The Merry Gentleman (2008) ~ Need to see.
Post Grad (2009) ~ Didn't know about.

I haven't a clue, to tell you the truth. I was teasing about the check. I need to watch it again, and see if I still feel the same way about it. I also haven't seen the two that Holden mentioned. I'll Netflix those real soon.

Here's his movie list, and what I have . . .

The Squeeze (1987) ~ Didn't know about.
Quicksand (2003) ~ Didn't know about.
White Noise (2005) ~ Own.

What did you think of White Noise ?

Quicksand looks like it could be good. I might give that a look into as well with the two Holden recommended.

The Squeeze was another one of those worth a viewing comedies he's done from time to time. nothing special.

What did you think of White Noise?
Well, I love horror movies, and Michael Keaton, so I wasn't as turned off by it as a lot of other people were. It's not a favorite, but I know I will watch it again, in time. What was your opinion on it?

Quicksand looks like it could be good. I might give that a look into as well with the two Holden recommended.
Don't forget Clean & Sober.

I can't believe I forgot about that movie until I watched the trailer just now. I usually only buy them, but I did watch that one on TV 2-3 years ago. It's pretty good. At least I thought it was. I'll get it soon enough.

Trailer here!

The Squeeze was another one of those worth a viewing comedies he's done from time to time. nothing special.
OK. I'll check that one out, as well. I think I sense a Michael Keaton marathon coming my way. To bad he isn't coming along with it.

Well, I love horror movies, and Michael Keaton, so I wasn't as turned off by it as a lot of other people were. It's not a favorite, but I know I will watch it again, in time. What was your opinion on it?
I'll be honest. Keaton's got the ability to pull off the performance that needed for the film to work. As he starts to breakdown in his over obsession he envokes a great feeling of dispair. It simply isn't a fully complete feeling film not sure what doesn't working because Keaton is good in it. maybe the look maybe it needed to be more abstract and I would have liked it to have been bigger in scale.

OK. I'll check that one out, as well. I think I sense a Michael Keaton marathon coming my way. To bad he isn't coming along with it.

Yeah me too. I've got Clean and Sober, One Good Cop, Quicksand, Game 6, and The Merry Gentleman

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
In my thread about actors who deserve a comeback, Keaton was most definitely on it. I can see him doing bigger supporting roles, more so than what he is doing now *cough*post grad*cough*