Great films which fell under the radar.

Tools    

I for one love underrated movies such as Transendance, or The Giver, films which do not get a wide public opening and published all over the Internet and TV, do you have any films you love which are not as widely publicised.

Sicario is a recent great film (IMO) that I don't hear much about. According to imdb it made 46 mill but still...
Sicario was boring af except for when that mexican fbi was killing everyone at the end

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Great post. I haven't heard of a lot of the movies mentioned.

Of course I'm going to go with Harry and Tonto. Even though Art Carney won an Oscar (beating Al Pacino, Jack Nicholson, etc.) a lot of movie lovers haven't seen this movie. I've never seen it on a list of Top 100 movies.

I'd say the same with "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?". Most of my Top 10 weren't very popular, but critically acclaimed, but critics make up less than 1% of the viewing audience.

-A Woman Under The Influence
-Ace In The Hole
-Mikey and Nicky
-The Swimmer
-The Incident
-A Child Is Waiting

well...all of the non english speaking ones
to name a few

****ing åmål/ show me love (swedish)
hero (chinese)
bad guy (korean)
l`appartment (french)
malena (italian)
lilya 4 ever (russian/swedish)
jakten/ the hunt (danish)
elsker dig for evigt /open heart (danish)
el crimen del padre amaro/ the crime of father amaro (spanish)
sleep tight (spanish)
the secret in their eyes (spanish)
ID:A (swedish)

I'd say the same with "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?". Most of my Top 10 weren't very popular, but critically acclaimed, but critics make up less than 1% of the viewing audience.

-A Woman Under The Influence
--The Swimmer
-The Incident
-A Child Is Waiting

I would agree with all of these...especially They Shoot Horses...I think it's Sydney Pollack's masterpiece and it contains the best performance of Jane Fonda's career. Love The Swimmer...what a heartbreaker.

Lu Chuan's 2012 Last Supper.

Primal Fear (1996)

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
These five films from the last 20 years would make my list:

The Way, Way Back
The Fall
Mr. Nobody
Unconditional Love
Gentlemen Broncos

The first three films received fairly good reviews from critics, the last two did not. I'd be surprised if most people have heard of even one of them.

Traffic(2000)

Great movie. But nobody seems to talk about it or even remembers it.