David Fincher's "Zodiac" (2007)

Tools    

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
So David Fincher is coming out with a new movie based on the Zodiac killings in San Francisco during the 60s and into the 70s.

I love Fincher. I think he's brilliant! I believe the movie is due out in January 07, but it still could get bumped into late December.

It's starring Jake Gyllenhaal.

I'm so excited! No trailer at this point, but I think one is supposed to be released soon.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Fincher is Hit or Miss for me. I'll more then likely giev it a chance though.

Suspect's Reviews

Fincher knows how to make a good thriler about a serial killer,remember se7en it's the best thriler that i have ever watched and Fincher who was a music video clips director sure know how to make movies(not everyone has it)

Zodiac is based on the story of The San Francisco Chronicle cartoonist Robert Graysmith, who tried to piece together the real-life mystery of the infamous Zodiac Killer and break his coded messages. Some of you probably know that Andy Robinson's Scorpio Killer in Dirty Harry was inspired by the exploits of the Zodiac in 1960s and 1970s Frisco. To this day nobody has ever been apprehended or tried for the serial murders and the case was officially closed in 2003.

Jake Gyllenhaal stars as Graysmith and the rest of the cast includes Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo, Chloë Sevigny, Elias Koteas, Brian Cox, Ione Skye, Donal Logue, Adam Goldberg, Clea DuVall, Dermot Mulroney, John Getz and Anthony Edwards. James Vanderbilt is the screenwriter, who adapted from Graysmith's writings.

This is Fincher's first film in about five years now, but he's going into production on his next very quickly. It's The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, adapted from an F. Scott Fitzgerald story and starring Brad Pitt, Cate Blanchett and Tilda Swinton. The target release date for Benjamin Button is Christmas 2007. So after all this time and all the rumored projects he was supposedly working on (M:I:3, Rendezvous with Rama, etc.) we'll get two Dave Fincher movies within a year of each other.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Is Rama going to happen at all? One of my favorite books....

Me Love You Long Time.
This film should be good. I watched and liked the one made a few years ago. Both are based on the same true story so it should be good I guess this one didnt have enough celebs in it.

oh I can't wait, supposed to be better than suspect zero

In Heaven Everything Is Fine
Excellent reviews thus far.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/zodiac/

I've really enjoyed all of Fincher's previous work, especially SE7EN, and am looking forward to his new one, big time, even if the trailer is a little iffy.

BIG Fincher fan...and it pains me to wait until Sunday to go see this (have to wait until the girlfriend gets home from her weekend away)...I could go alone tonite, but I don't want to be "that guy"

Horrorphiliac

well well well...weather was bad, she didn't go, and WE did go, to see the movie that is...WOW...just fabulous, even though I know the ending (because I know the story), but Fincher kept you on the edge of your seat the whole way through...

In Heaven Everything Is Fine
I was blown away by how amazing the Viper was working. Good call on Fincher's part to shoot the entire thing in digital.

This looks like a great movie to watch. Good casting and a real life drama. Should be a good one, hopefully I wont be dissapointed

You ready? You look ready.
I was blown away by how amazing the Viper was working. Good call on Fincher's part to shoot the entire thing in digital.
Especially if your theater was able to show it in digital. We have a DLP equipped theater around here and it was wicked sweet.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza