Marlon Brando, R.I.P.

Tools    

The great, iconic actor who brought Hollywood into the era of Method acting, then turned into a reclusive, oddball self-parody in the second half of his life, has died at the age of 80.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Marlon Brando will be sorely missed, he made some great movies and was a good man. Rest in peace Marlon.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I can't believe it, I'm quite speechless.

He was a contender.

He will be missed...

Ayiwa Nvwadohiyada Gohiyuhi Saquui...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

A system of cells interlinked

So many good movies, so little time.
Marlon will always be with us at the movies.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

he will be missed by all. even if you werent a fan of his movies you have to respect him.

Personal Attache To Yo' Mama
...except by me. Ok, I'll throw down the gauntlet. I hated Marlon Brando. Not 'I hated him, but I had to respect his work'. No, I hated him and his work. He was completely overrated by almost everyone, especially by himself. The good films that he acted in were good despite his performance, not because of it. While the bad film he acted in were, for the most part, bad because of his performance. Early in his career he had one or two good (not great) qualities, but he quickly lost them. The man was an egotistical diva, the Mariah Carrey of acting. I do hope that he rests in peace, as I hope everyone eventually rests in peace. But I will not miss him in any manner.

Oh Minkie, you are entitled to your opinion, everything I have read about him doesn't paint him as an egotistical diva at all, he will be missed by me.

So many good movies, so little time.
Brando is one of the few actors I love to watch even if the movie isn't too good.

Johnny, Terry Malloy, Emiliano Zapata, Rio, Don Vito, Col. Kurtz and Stanley were all classic characters created by a genius. I also thought he was great in Missouri Breaks and Mutiny on the Bounty (I'm in the minority there) and Last Tango in Paris.

Lets put a smile on that block
Another legend bites the dust. I was never a fan of Brando but i certainly admired him and his powerful acting. God Speed MB.

MovieForums Extra
He was an amazing actor in his early movies..........I will miss him. I was always intrigued by his later movies. I adored him in Don Juan De Marco. God Bless.

My life isn't written very well.
Another teary-eyed montage of his work awaits me on Oscar night 2005. I liked Brando because he was able to bring the roughest of characters to life on screen; sort of the American anti-hero. R.I.P Marlon.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Marlon Brando will be missed. But always remembered. He is one of the greatest actors of all time and will remain a icon for as long as we live.

Mrs. BDT to y'all
R.I.P Marlon, you contributed so much to the film industry and im sure your movies will continue to be shown for years to come, much respect, love Carissima.xxxxxxxxxxxx

yea he'll be missed.

I cant believe it! He was one of my all time favourite, im very sad hes gone. He will be missed. Awh...there goes Don Corleone

RIP Marlon Brando.