I had Deer Hunter in 7th.
Never even considered The Warriors.

2. Deliverance - 51st
7. The Deer Hunter - 38th
14. Mad Max - 70th
16. The Wicker Man - 79th
17. Logan’s Run - 100th
25. Assault On Precinct 13 - 80th

Many will be pleased with The Warriors, I have not seen it yet.

I know The Deer Hunter is beloved so I have tried to watch it three times over the past few years. I have fell asleep less than half way through every single time. So I have not seen that yet either.

I had The Warriors at #5. Nothing deep, just a movie that's a whole lot of fun. It's the kind of movie in which I could walk into a room, see any 5 minutes of the movie, and it's an awesome 5 minutes.

I had The Deer Hunter at #10. it's probably the first serious adult movie that I ever loved. It's a movie that has serious detractors, but it has always worked well for me. One of the most powerful movies I've seen.

My list-
#3 Saturday Night Fever (87)
#4 Animal House (66)
#5 The Warriors (37)
#10 The Deer Hunter (38)
#12 Little Big Man (61)
#14 Mean Streets (77)
#15 Deliverance (51)
#19 Marathon Man (73)
#23 Straw Dogs (83)

Seen them all

I liked both well enough but neither were in consideration for my list, i also agree with Sedai in that i didn't see The Warriors getting anywhere close to this high.

I'm betting Mark had Cabaret as his number one. I was the other one. Mark said Liza had the best performance in a musical ever and I agree. The only person to ever even hold a candle to her is Miss Barbara Streisand in Funny Girl.
Thursday Next was the other MoFo who had Cabaret as their number one, BTW.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The Deer Hunter is pretty good. Not perfect but it has some incredible moments, and probably Walken's best performance, that I've seen.

Still haven't seen The Warriors.

How ironic. Both The Deer Hunter and The Warriors are on at my local cinema at the end of the month. Not seen either in full so will be going to see both.

When people ask, "What's the most overrated movie you've ever seen?" the first movie that springs to mind is The Deer Hunter. Is it a good movie? Maybe in the second half. But best of the year? One of the best of the decade? Not even close. That never-ending wedding sequence makes me want to grab a loaded gun and play my own game of Russian roulette.

I watched The Warriors for the first time a few weeks ago and found it rather average. Had it fully embraced its campy premise, the movie could've been a lot more fun, but it took itself a bit too seriously. Although Honeykid is probably dancing around his house right now with a cardboard cutout of Drew Barrymore in celebration of The Warriors making it this high on the countdown.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
Oh, The Warriors, how I love you so.

Reviews

I had "The Deer Hunter" at #11
A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

I love The Warriors, it has some special memories for me. I'm glad it's turned up on the list. I've got 5 now

Mine is now like this:

2. Don't Look Now ( no 72)
9. The Warriors (no 37)
14. The Wicker Man (no 79)
15. Spirit of the Beehive (no 62)
18. Serpico (no 55)

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
My list

11 Grease (59)
14 Deliverance (51)
15 The Warriors (37)
19 Rocky II (63)
21 Badlands (58)
22 Serpico (55)
23 Solaris (39)
25 The Lords of Flatbush (My One-Pointer)

I don't like The Deer Hunter, but it's been a while maybe I should rewatch it.

I thought The Warriors was excellent, the world Walter Hill creates is very interesting, but it didn't made my list, maybe if I had to pick 40 films.

I haven't seen either of these, though I had intended to watch both.

My List
1. Didn't Make The Cut
5. Kramer vs. Kramer (#44)
6. Paper Moon (#74)
7. Deliverance (#51)
8. Cries and Whispers (#50)
9. Serpico (#55)
12. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (#68)
20. The Rocky Horror Picture Show (#46)
22. Hausu (#76)
23. Mad Max (#70)
25. Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo (1 point, not on the countdown)

Exterminate all rational thought.
Thanks Holden. For some reason I can't view messages I sent so I had no access to my list except at home. Guess The Deer Hunter didn't quite make it, lol.

8.The Wicker Man
12.The Warriors
18.The Omen
19.Deliverance
20.The Deer Hunter
24.Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Seen 39/63

The People's Republic of Clogher
The older I get, the less I seem to rate The Deer Hunter. It was one of those rites of passage films as I was growing up - Y'know, you've got to watch this (and bloody well love it) if you want to call yourself a movie fan. I don't know whether adults felt this way as well or just insufferable teenagers...

That said, I'm glad it's on the list, mostly because of John Cazale.

My list so far...

2. Fantastic Planet
7. The Holy Mountain
10. Cries & Whispers
12. Autumn Sonata
15. The Tenant
21. F for Fake
22. The Mirror
24. Suspiria
25. The Wicker Man

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Hubby wanted me to include The Warriors on my list, but it just didn't make the cut. He'll be happy to know that you guys proved me wrong, and it made the list anyway.

I haven't seen The Deer Hunter, and for some reason, I've never had a desire to watch it, but I don't know why.