MoFo Fantasy Football 2023 - The Season

Tools    

I got Gabe Davis and 3 Chiefs going at 4:25, and Ill actually be able to watch it. This game will determine alot with my match up, but pretty sure Holden will win. Breece Hall did great for Pike, I had him last year.

The trick is not minding
Yoda with a big lead. It will be up to my players from tonight’s game and tomorrows games to determine the outcome.

I hope Diggs can at least get something going today to help chop away at the deficit.

A system of cells interlinked
Very close game this week, with a ton of underperforming on my team from usually solid guys like Saint Brown and Goedert. In fact, if I had slotted Conklin instead of Goedert, I would have won. Not that it matters, but I like to see the season through, regardless. I think it really all comes down to Taylor being out.

The trick is not minding
Unless I can pull off another miracle tonight, Yoda will have knocked me out of the playoff picture.

Love and Mostert would have to outscore his Miami D AND make up a near 40 point deficit.

Watching KC clawing for opportunities just shows their decline. Buffalo was all over them right from kickoff. Maybe they'll now realize Mahomes can't do it all with just Kelce and start building and keeping talent.

I won?!

Sorry Holden, I feel your karma is saving up for a juggernaut season, hopefully soon.

Gabe Davis is available on the waiver wire.

Justin made it into the playoffs. Is this a fantasy version of the 1981 Oakland Raiders?

-cue Rocky training montage-

Justin made it into the playoffs. Is this a fantasy version of the 1981 Oakland Raiders?

-cue Rocky training montage-
The football gods continue to mess with me this year in fantasy and real life. Giving me just enough taste to feel like my teams have a chance. Here’s the playoffs, oh and here’s an all pro team in the first round. Enjoy!

Welp, that's that. Good riddance.

First, before I moan a tiny bit more, sympathies to Wylde who somehow got it even worse than I did, if not in the injury sense, at least in the points sense. He had the second-highest score in the league (!) and (narrowly) missed the playoffs, clearly because he had the highest Points Against. That's silly. Just horrible luck.

---

I finished behind five people with lower point totals and ended up with the third highest Points Against, though with truly amazing timing/distribution. I had losses by 5, 4, and 3 points. Most of my best weeks happened to come against someone going off: I was 2nd and faced 1st. I was 4th and faced 2nd. I was 3rd and faced 1st (all actual examples).

And it was just so consistent: I went over two months without facing a single team having a bad week (IE: worse than 7th), and nine weeks facing only one with a score that was even below league average, something which I had to double check because it seemed so implausible.

I'm not sure if it's even possible to get rid of the format, I don't think Yahoo has an option for it, but this year we have some of our starkest examples of how random it is.

All that said, playoffs look wide open, so hopefully there'll be a lot of wild matchups and entertainment from that!

I've got a couple of other leagues this year and I think both teams are playoff bound, but it'll be nice to watch this one just as an observer, same way it can be nice to watch the NFL playoffs when your team is out.

I have completed the turnaround! First to worst!

And that has to be a first, no?
2nd to worst you mean, the Clowns won last year.

I guess there's no consolation bracket this year?

Not that I wouldn't have kicked Gabe Davis to waivers anyway. He should beat up his offensive coordinator. At least 3 donut games this year, at least.

Parrotheads beat me out of the playoffs by 131 points. If only the Chiefs were the Chiefs this year, sigh.

The trick is not minding
I guess there's no consolation bracket this year?

Not that I wouldn't have kicked Gabe Davis to waivers anyway. He should beat up his offensive coordinator. At least 3 donut games this year, at least.

Parrotheads beat me out of the playoffs by 131 points. If only the Chiefs were the Chiefs this year, sigh.
Top two teams in the consolation bracket review byes much like the top two teams in the playoffs.