MoFo Fantasy Football 2023 - The Season

Tools    

Luck, mojo, and happenstance aside, the reason I'm not in the 600 Club with the rest of the pack is Patrick Mahomes hasn't really "gone off" this year. When they get ahead, the Chiefs have pulled him from the game to protect him. This is why he's 5th place among fantasy quarterbacks.
He also simply doesn't have as many weapons out there to throw to, as in past seasons. We'll see if they get into old-fashioned shoot outs with The Chargers, The Eagles, or especially The Dolphins in upcoming weeks.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The trick is not minding
Big week coming.
#1 Wide Right vs #2 Darkside
#3 Censored Clowns vs #4 Love Brokers
And #7 Wolves vs #5 WtLB.
I cal it…separation Sunday

The trick is not minding
Well, the injury bug has made its way to my team, finally. Kyren is out this week, and there are rumblings he could be out multiple weeks. He was doing so well as my flex, so it’s a big loss.
Outside of steady production from Brown, I’m hoping White and/or Hopkins/Pierce can finally be more efficient the next few weeks when byes start hitting my starters (like this week) and can contribute enough to keep me ahead.

A system of cells interlinked
Catching a bit of the Saints/Jags game...

Let's go uh...

*Checks both fantasy teams*

Let's go Jags!

Im up against the Justinator. Derrick Henrys on a bye, and gonna run with Rashee Rice in my Flex. It's a gamble using a Chiefs WR being Mahomes spreads Kelces crumbs around so widely. Just "Josh Downs" doesn't elicit any excitement from me. I don't know. If anyone wants me to beat Justin please advise me on my Flex

A system of cells interlinked
I have one Jag on each fantasy team. Etienne dominated for me in my other league, while Ridley all but disappeared for me in this league.

Not a great start in MoFo Stadium!

I’m such a dunce. Did everything I needed to in case Deebo was out, except move him to flex instead of receiver. Here’s hoping Odell gets a few looks today for some reason.

Justin's Kamara raked in the points, and his kicker competent. Haven't even had a player go yet and Yahoo says I've a 35% chance of winning.

The trick is not minding
I need White to take in at least 12 points? Which means he would need a TD. No busts from my other players either. Engram already underwhelmed again as my TE, but that’s to be expected when you don’t have Kelce or Andrews. Engram gets the yardage and receptions, just never a TD.

Not super optimistic here going against Adam. With both Pollard (bye) and Kyren (IR) out, it doesn’t fill me with much confidence to go to White.

Crazy that the top six teams are all tied at 4-2, and the two teams with arguably the most talent (Bustin' Justin & Wylde Wolves) aren't among them. Securing a playoff spot this season looks like it's going to be more difficult than usual.

Going against Holden this week, which means I'm facing Tua, the QB I traded to him, against a banged-up Eagles secondary. Meanwhile, due to the Fields injury, I'm now starting Stafford, who was initially Holden's back-up. Hopefully Mark Andrews has a spike week so that trade works out in my favor for this match-up, but I'm not feeling particularly optimistic at the moment.

Last time I posted in here I was bragging about my depth, but it looks less impressive now due to injures and other factors. Doubs, Zach Moss and Puka Nacua have been great values for me, but all find themselves sliding down the depth chart with the return of Christian Watson, Jonathan Taylor and Cooper Kupp. I don't know how much time Fields is expected to miss, but it sounds like Kyler Murray will return soon, whom I've been stashing in my IR since the draft. At least Saquon is back, but that Giants O-line is so poor that it'll be difficult for him to reach his typical ceiling. DK Metcalf is also highly questionable to play today.

Elliot freaking scores again. Literally made a switch 15 minutes before kickoff. You may be able to hear me flipping out this week.

The trick is not minding
I was worried about my matchups today. Diggs against a determined NE D, and Mostert later against a good Philly D Line.

Diggs hasn’t done much yet.

Going to be a low scoring game between Adam and I it seems.

Don't worry, fate gave it right back with Bijan basically being a healthy scratch because he "didn't feel well." If they announce that BEFORE the game I sub in Hunt and he gets 15. Bleh.

Anyway, as it stands now I might be 2-5...with my only wins coming when I was the top score that week. Anything less, loss.

The trick is not minding
I was wondering what happened with Bijan.

Love is coming alive suddenly. If he can score again, and Brown and the Chiefs D can tack on some more points for me to get to to around 80….I might have a chance with Mostert and Elliot tonight.

I would need to withstand Hurts/Smith tonight and Hockenson/Addison tomorrow night.

I’ll probably lose yet, but it won’t be as catastrophic at this point with others ahead of me losing as well