The MoFo Top 100 Animated Films - The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I haven't seen any of the Godfathers yet (I'm going to very shortly after Christmas) so I don't know how animated Brando is in that movie. Sorry about that but I still don't think those films count as an animated movie for Miss. Vicky's list.
Swan is just being silly. He does that.

First of all thanks a lot MV for taking the time to do this.

I really liked All DOGS as a kid but doubt I'd like it now. Not seen Surfs Up.
I seen Surfs Up when it came out in theaters. I don't remember anything from it. Hell I forgot about its existence till now. I was about nine (years before I started to take film seriously like today) so I think it's understandable I forgot about it.

All Dogs Go to Heaven actually has a sequel -- All Dogs Go to Heaven 2.

Surprisingly, I haven't seen it, but why a sequel? The dog dies again? If it was All Cats Go to Heaven 2, I could understand it, all the way up to part 9.

And now I see there's even an All Dogs Christmas Carol. Christmas movie where the dead dog does the Charles Dickens novel.

And get this -- an animated TV show. All Dogs Go to Heaven: The Series. Aired from 1996 to 1998. 40 episodes of dogs dying and going to Heaven.

Did not vote for any of the first two appearences, because I haven't seen them yet.

It's strange to see All Dogs Go to Heaven make it, while The Secret of NIMH, arguably Don Bluth's biggest classic (ecxept perhaps The Land Before Time), didn't make the list. That's the first big surprise of this list.

I had heard of Surf's Up before, but didn't know it was that loved around here. I'll definitely give it a watch. It looks like an enjoyable hour and a half.

I should re-watch The Brave Little Toaster, or (more likely) read the book. I'll probably get around to it after reading some of Thomas Disch's other family friendly tales, like The Genocides or Camp Concentration.

A great combination would be to watch All Dogs Go to Heaven, or the sequel or the Christmas special or the TV show, on cable TV, and during each commercial break, there's one of those Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercials -- you know, with the sad music and the dogs and cats who are all near death. They always play for what seems like 10 minutes.

Well, that will my post of the year nomination!
Outrageous. No wonder Guaporense hit the road. Post of the year???? THAT?!

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Surf's Up was my number 13. I had it that high in hopes to push it on the list and I'm glad I didn't put it any lower.

Surf's Up the perfect animated movie for just having fun. It's clever and silly in the right way. I love it.

Somebody's upset they didn't get mentioned.
It isn't just that. I'm sorry to say this, but I just didn't think it was that funny. This is how people get obsessed with certain directors and think everything they do is gold -- now everyone's this way with Weeman. He can do no wrong! But that was no Sexy Hitler. I'm sorry. I didn't laugh.

Let the night air cool you off

This was my one-pointer. I put it at #25, because I knew nobody else would vote for it, at least now it gets some recognition. It's only ten minutes long, so you don't have a valid excuse not to see it.

Well, that's my post of the year nomination set.
And THIS!

Even honeykid got seduced by this thing so much.

Well, that just totally discredits honeykid now in every possible way.

Watched some episodes of the TV series and some bits of this All dogs go to heaven movie, but I don't remember seeing the whole thing and I am actually quite interested. Can't say the same for Surf's up, which I honestly forgot it existed, but I'll check it, why not.

Surprised as well for Secret of NIMH not making it... Didn't make my list but it's a great one. As Yoda mentions, it respects its target audience, and Miss Brisby is a hell of a character, a female lead who can compete with the heroines of Miyazaki. A character with strong limitations, physically weak and easily scared, but quite strong-willed nonetheless. And in addition to these qualities there is as well something intangible in it. It has charm, and captures perfectly the atmosphere of a fairytale, to the point even a quite blatant deus ex at the end can be instantly forgiven because the delivery is incredibly beautiful and it fits so well in the overall mood.

Oh my God. OH MY GOD. All those commentaries that I do with Honeykid... all those posts I've made with him... and Honeykid feels that Weeman's new video is the BEST POST OF THE YEAR?!

Well, that does it. NO MORE commentaries with Honeykid ever again. How dare he not think of all those intimate posts I made just for him during our commentaries. That is it! No more!

Well that's what I'm saying. If I play it fair, that's where it would be. I've never put a film higher on my list because it was in doubt, but now maybe I should?
I'm very much against that

Well, if you really, really want something on the official list, you should be able to do anything -- such as give it the most amount of points or something -- in order to get it on the list. I don't see how that's f**ked. If you want it on there that badly, you must like it that much.