Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Snow white looks like this:

Backgrounds are also pretty dark and without lighting. The light backgrounds of modern animation I think were developed in the 1980's with the use of poster paint instead of only watercolour as well as the use of computer graphics these days.

So that a 2013 TV anime Nagi no Asukara looks like this:

Also, Nagi no Asukara is very cartoony in its character designs but yet has very realistic background art and highly detailed clothing. Pure cartoony style is rather rare among adult animation these days, though Kill me Baby is one of such.

Though the single defining characteristic of Japanese art style in comics, games and animation is the use of very strong/clear lines. While western stuff tends to be more blurry and the drawings tend to be less well defined.

By the way, this is how good manga looks like, notice the clean lines:
I was thinking more of the "Heigh Ho" scene from Snow White:

I am glad though that most anime isn't going 3D like Disney and Pixar have (even though Disney has made many good 3D films) and instead are using today's technology to enhance the traditional animation.

I like The Odd Couple. You may not though
Too slapstick? That is what I am afraid of. I am becoming a big Lemmon fan. Already two of his on my list.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The Odd Couple was pretty funny, but the biggest problem that I had with the movie was that I saw the TV series, (with Jack Klugman and Tony Randall, not the new crappy one), first, and I was a big fan of the TV series, so I saw every episode many times, and I knew them too well.

A lot of the plots of the episodes were taken from scenes in the movie, so that made the movie feel like a remake.

Secret Window (2004) - David Koepp *rewatch

- One of my all-time favorite guilty pleasure that I find criminally underrated. The mood is very nice and the atmosphere is strangely awesome. Johnny Depp give a solid performance like usual and the directing is not bad. The twisted ending is my favorite part of the movie.
+

Care for some gopher?
L.A. Confidential (USA, 1997, Curtis Hanson) -

A very good movie with great actors but unfortunately, i couldn't get as much invested as i wanted to.

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! (1965)

Not exactly a good movie, but constant cheesy/cool dialogue, some speeding cars, a little murder, and especially 3 hot babes make it a hell of a lot of fun!

The Phantom Menace

Meesa hope special effects will fix da franchise.

Land of the Dead(2005)

Romero's last decent zombie flick. I actually quite like this movie for what it is. I'm a big fan of Simon Baker and John Leguizamo so they are the main reason I enjoyed this movie.

Hot Fuzz(2007)

Pegg and Frost can do no wrong. This is a fantastic buddy cop movie and one of the few good ones of the 21st Century.

Super(2011)

Came a year after Kick Ass and I didn't hear about it until like a month ago. Pretty much the same idea. A person with no powers dawns a suit and goes out to fight crime. Not as good as kick ass but still Rainn Wilson is great to watch kick some ass himself.

Must've been super cute pink explosion of sweetness! Could've killed you, my Queen!
Nah I dont mind super cute.. Im a fan of Hello Kitty remember??

Taxi Driver (1976) ~ REWATCH

This is what cinema is all about. Deeply felt emotions, confronting images and situations, the purest atmosphere imaginable... I'm really glad I rewatched it tonight. Revisiting a favorite like this is one of the best things in the world. I should do it more often.

I'm going to listen to the soundtrack (which is possibly the greatest in cinema history) now for a little while and just enjoy the mood.

+++

Quite a moving story. Pacino plays a Travis Bickle type character, who out of desperation decides to rob a bank. It all goes wrong and a hostage situation ensues. During the siege he gains public support with his charisma and public displays of disdain toward the police and the system in general. Even the bank's staff begin to like him. A great performance from Pacino , a great character study, and a great crime drama.

Taxi Driver (1976) ~ REWATCH

This is what cinema is all about. Deeply felt emotions, confronting images and situations, the purest atmosphere imaginable... I'm really glad I rewatched it tonight. Revisiting a favorite like this is one of the best things in the world. I should do it more often.

I'm going to listen to the soundtrack (which is possibly the greatest in cinema history) now for a little while and just enjoy the mood.

+++
As you know, I approve!