Your top 10 TV shows

Tools    

The most loathsome of all goblins
A Milhouse Divided is excellent. I don't like Season 8 as much as 2-7 anymore but that's definitely one of the best and "can i borrow a feeling?" is the first thing that comes to mind there haha. Love Kirk drawing dignity to make a point and Homer going "That's dignity?" as well haha. Great ep.
My main issue with season 8 is that it's really when the characters start to become parodies of themselves, something that only gets worse in season 9 and beyond. There was no more subtlety.

That aside, my favorite part in A Milhouse Divided, other than the song of course, is when Kirk is fired from the cracker factory for being unmarried.

"Kirk, crackers are a family food, happy families. Maybe single people eat crackers, we don't know. Frankly, we don't want to know. It's a market we can do without."

Season 8 is purposefully the most character focused season of them all which is part of the problem. It places well put together character based stories above humour; compared to 2-7 it's a really boring season. Season 8 is without a doubt the most character driven season, i mean there's no comparison at all with any other seaon. I just find most of it boring. Compared to what came later at least.

I watch a lot of TV lol, mostly new stuff but there are a few shows pre-2000 I've seen.

1. Game of Thrones
2. The Walking Dead
3. Sherlock
4. Dexter
5. Breaking Bad
6. Luther
7. The X-Files
8. Hawaii Five-0
9. Westworld
10. Bloodline

Honorable Mentions (Essentially a bunch of other shows I really like but they didn't crack my top 10): Parks & Recreation, Stranger Things, Being Human (U.S.), The Fall, Longmire, Shameless (U.S.), Doctor Who, Lost, Castle, Criminal Minds, Hannibal, Blue Bloods, Ash vs Evil Dead, Bates Motel, Chicago PD, Ripper Street, Lily Hammer, Peaky Blinders, Daredevil, Broadchurch, Terra Nova, Jessica Jones

Shows I still have to watch (or catch up on/finish): The Wire, Person of Interest, Californication, How to get Away with Murder, Blacklist, House of Cards, The Sopranos, West Wing, The Shield, Midsomer Murders, Hell on Wheels, Marcella, River, Boardwalk Empire, 30 Rock, Young & Hungry,

The idea that The Walking Dead is good is unsettling nevermind better than half the shows you have it above but whatever. Extremely depressing.
I only have it so high still because I've been watching it since it started back in 2010 and I'm a huge fan of the comic series. I'm always rooting for it to be good again like the first 2 seasons. I had the same love hate relationship with Dexter.

Plus I'm a big zombie fan and its the only "decent" zombie show on TV. Z Nation is Syfy so its meh and that Z brain or whatever its called is atrocious.

I only have it so high still because I've been watching it since it started back in 2010 and I'm a huge fan of the comic series. I'm always rooting for it to be good again like the first 2 seasons. I had the same love hate relationship with Dexter.
Yah, that's fine i'm glad you like it. I think it is one of the worst shows i've ever seen in the first two seasons especially but whatever.

Yah, that's fine i'm glad you like it. I think it is one of the worst shows i've ever seen in the first two seasons especially but whatever.
If you didn't like Seasons 1 & 2, then trust me.....it gets worse and you definitively won't like the seasons that follow. The series' high point was when Darabont was at the writing helm (S1-2). Its been going downhill since...

Why is your second favourite show something you describe as "decent"?
My second favourite show is fantastic. A+ after A+, i'ts way above decent or i wouldn't be watching it.

Why is your second favourite show something you describe as "decent"?
This is how I describe the newer seasons of the show. Back during the show's S1-2 run it was my favorite show on TV, back when the story was about all the characters with actual interesting stories & struggles going on, Then Season 3, 5, & 6 happened with the constant Daryl Dixon pandering and terrible filler episodes. (I actually really liked Season 4).

Dexter is still in my top 5 as well even though I consider Seasons 5, 6, & 8 to be pretty mediocre compared to Seasons 1, 2, & 4 which I consider fantastic.

I have problems with every show I like, because I'm hard to please I guess, but I don't outright hate/dislike them or else they wouldn't be on my list.

Dexter is still in my top 5 as well even though I consider Seasons 5, 6, & 8 to be pretty mediocre compared to Seasons 1, 2, & 4 which I consider fantastic.
Yah, understood then. Glad you left Season 7 out which is pretty great on its own. Season 3 excluding the last episode is excellent though.

Yah, understood then. Glad you left Season 7 out which is pretty great on its own. Season 3 excluding the last episode is excellent though.
I thought Seasons 3 & 7 were pretty solid, but Seasons 1, 2, & 4 are the reason Dexter is in my top 5 those seasons were excellent.

In the back of my mind I really want them to revive this show to give it a proper ending but I doubt its gonna happen.

I thought Seasons 3 & 7 were pretty solid, but Seasons 1, 2, & 4 are the reason Dexter is in my top 5 those seasons were excellent.

In the back of my mind I really want them to revive this show to give it a proper ending but I doubt its gonna happen.
I agree: 1, 2 and 4 are the best seasons. Who is your favourite non-Dexter Dexter character?

I agree: 1, 2 and 4 are the best seasons. Who is your favourite non-Dexter Dexter character?
I think Harry & Lundy were my two personal favorites outside of Dexter, loved both of those characters.

Deb annoyed me at first but she grew on me eventually, her and her sailor mouth. Always liked Angel as well. Masuka was just obvious comic relief, and I was never really a fan of Quinn. I loved the dynamic between Dexter and Trinity in season 4.

but then ya can't forget...

I need to rewatch it again soon its been years.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
10. Lost
9. Prison Break
8. Power
7. Empire
6. Wentworth
5. Gotham
4. The Flash
3. Son's of Anarchy
2. Breaking bad
1. Banshee

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Not much for tv show but I suppose it'll look like this atm. With cartoon exclusion

1. Amachan
2. True Detective
3. Mr Bean
4. Mahoro Ekimae Bangaichi
5. Hanzawa Naoki
6. Hero
7. 1 Litre of Tear
8. Ultraman Gaia
9. GoT - this show is gettin' low
10. Kamen Rider Black

1 Doctor Who (classic mainly)
2 Buffy
3 The X Files
4 That 70s Show
5 The Avengers
6 Callan
7 Soap
8 Press Gang
9 Roseanne
10 Person of Interest

Truthfully there's bucketloads more I could list, like Seinfeld, One Foot in the Grave, Drop the Dead Donkey, the Brett Sherlock Holmes, the Hickson Miss Marple, Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Young Ones, The Bill (pre-2002 anyway), Taggart...
Love that you voted for Callan, it was must see tv back on it's first airing. Callan was a different kind of spy to the previous debonair Bond types, or upper crust Oxbridge educated ones. Great tv and excellent choice - as are all the others in the second part of your list (except Seinfeld which I've never got on with)

Plus I'm a big zombie fan and its the only "decent" zombie show on TV. Z Nation is Syfy so its meh and that Z brain or whatever its called is atrocious.
iZombie, Dead Set, In the Flesh are all good

As for my top ten TV shows...going with what's on now..

Game of Thrones
iZombie
Daredevil
The Americans
Preacher
West World
Brooklyn 9-9
Speechless
Doctor Who
Stranger Things

Legend in my own mind
10) Buffy