PRESENTING: Movie Forums' Top 100 Movies, Starring You!

→ in
Tools    

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
Hey, Taxi Driver got 18 points from me.
...And 20 from me. Truthfully, I'm surprised it is so high, I always seem to see Taxi Driver stuff around here.

Maybe the Taxi Driver fans didn't submit their lists.

Also, I feel really stupid becaue I just relooked at the list I sent and I realized I forgot to put 2001: A Space Odyssey on !

Oh, well, good job so far on the list! I may disagree with the order but there is no denying all the movies so far have been quality movies (except for maybe Clerks II )

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

Surprised to see Arsenic and Old Lace has enough fans to place it ahead of some of the films on the list. I like the movie, it had me laughing, but didn't know it had such a following.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Mortimer: "Aunt Abby, how can I believe you? There are twelve men down in the cellar and you admit you poisoned them."

Aunt Abby: "Yes, I did. But you don't think I'd stoop to telling a fib."

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
"When you decide to be something, you can be it. That's what they don't tell you in the church. When I was your age they would say we can become cops, or criminals. Today, what I'm saying to you is this: when you're facing a loaded gun, what's the difference?"

80)
(Martin Scorsese, 2006)

"If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff."

79)
(Brad Bird, 2007)

"We're on a mission from God."

78)
(John Landis, 1980)

"I like you, Holden. I haven't liked a man in a long time. And it's not because I'm a man hater or something like that. It's just been sometime that I've been exposed to a man that didn't immediately live into a stereotype of some sort. And I want you to feel comfortable with me, because I'd really like us to be friends."

77)
(Kevin Smith, 1997)

"I have issues with anyone who treats faith as a burden instead of a blessing. You people don't celebrate your faith; you mourn it."

76)
(Kevin Smith, 1999)

Kevin Smith is making this list his bitch.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Yeah, I wonder how that happened

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Lennon isn't completely to blame.

But mostly.

A couple other people put those movies on the low end of their list, and that, combined with Lennon, put it on the bottom end of the 100.

It would have to be more than just a couple of people, because between Dill-man and I alone Taxi Driver had 38 points (plus you mentioned every film had at least three votes for it). Clerks 2 would have needed at least 22 more points to go with Lennon's 18 to beat it, assuming that the other person who voted for Taxi Driver had placed it at the minimum 20th place.

I'm just saying.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Lennon put Clerks II at 3, 18 points.

It was 15 (6 points) on another list, 13 (8 points) on another and 10 (11 points) on yet another.

18 + 6 + 8 + 11 = 43

And you two weren't the only ones to vote for Taxi Driver either. It got a 19 on someone else's list.

20 + 18 + 2 = 40

I'm wondering who the other 27 are... or probably 26 since I'm sure Bobby did a list....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Mine isn't among them. I'm way too paranoid about being locked into something like this. I could probably stretch my Favorites into a Top 20 or Top 30, but I'm a long ways off from feeling comfortable enough to make a Top 100.

Mine isn't among them. I'm way too paranoid about being locked into something like this. I could probably stretch my Favorites into a Top 20 or Top 30, but I'm a long ways off from feeling comfortable enough to make a Top 100.
Yeah but Bobby only asked us for our top 20 films?

I'm wondering who the other 27 are... or probably 26 since I'm sure Bobby did a list....
Yeah you should post what members submitted. I would be intrested in who contributed.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Not me, I'm with Yoda on this one...I would never be able to come up with my Top 100. I'd be stretching a top 20 list.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Not me, I'm with Yoda on this one...I would never be able to come up with my Top 100. I'd be stretching a top 20 list.
Maybe I dont understand what you guys are saying and forgive me if that is the case but what I am trying to say is that the list I submitted to Bobby was only a top 20. Im pretty sure that is all Bobby wanted was a top 20.