PRESENTING: Movie Forums' Top 100 Movies, Starring You!

→ in
Tools    

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
The lists are done, the pictures and quotes are gathered.

Now you all sit in anticipation as I reveal your personal favorites.

Sorry this took so long

Anyone have the old list for reference?

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
I'll go ahead and kick things off by giving you number 100 on YOUR MoFo 100.

"It's funny how people see me and treat me, since I'm really just a simple, boring person.
"

100)
(Thomas McCarthy, 2003)

How many members contributed to this list BobbyB?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
How many members contributed to this list BobbyB?
28 lists.

I'll post 99-91 sometime today.

EDIT- And FYI, every movie that made the list had a minimum of 3 votes for it.

The way it works is you submit a list of 10-20 and whatever is ranked 1 on your list gets 20 points. 2 gets 19. 3 gets 18 and so on and so on.

Accumulate all the points and you get this list.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im looking forward to seeing this list, as there will be movies in it that I havent seen so I will use this as a refference for great movies

Cheers all who contributed and BobbyB

Cool, look foward to seeing the completed list. I don't think I ever got mine in time, but it'll still be great to see it.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
"Don't you f*cking look at me!"

99)
(David Lynch, 1986)

"I like the way I look. Makes me feel good, it does. And women like me, *********. Hell, the only one thing I ever been good for is lovin'. Women go crazy for me, that's a really true fact!"

98)
(John Schlesinger, 1969)

"Now I see this clearly. My whole life is pointed in one direction. There never has been a choice for me."

97)
(Martin Scorsese, 1976)

"You should read your Bible, sirs. You'll find all types of weird sh*t in there. Like, did you know Jesus was a Jew?"

96)
(Kevin Smith, 2006)

Gotta run, but I wanted to give you guys some more from the list. 95-91 later tonight.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I just lost faith in this list. So early on.

Clerks II better then Taxi Driver? WHA?!?!?!?!?!

Suspect's Reviews

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I know, Clerks II only at #96. Psh.

Welcome to the human race...
I know, Clerks II only at #96. Psh.
I remember being 16, too.

But yeah, even though I actually like Clerks II (or at least don't hate it like most people here seem to), there is no way it should beat out Blue Velvet, Taxi Driver and Midnight Cowboy.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Well, the way I look at this, is that this is Mofo's favorite 100 movies. It's not Mofo's 100 Technically Greatest movies. It's all about the movies you most enjoy watching. And if I'm being completely honest, Taxi Driver, even though it is a much better movie, is not as enjoyable a viewing experience as Clerks II, so in terms of favorites, I'd have it ranked above Taxi Driver as well.

Clerks II wouldn't be in my top 20 favorites mind you, but it was for a few of the posters.

Just chizzle, my bizzles. This list is all in fun. Liven it up and tell us which of these films you've seen and what you think of them.

I'm going to try and post 95-81 all in one big post here in the next hour or so.

Correction, this is 28 Mofo member's favourite movies. As for me, Clerks 2 (not going to make it sound better with those roman numerals now) is about as enjoyable as being kicked in the balls and told to laugh. But please BobbyB, continue with the list, just ignore us.

I'm unsure about the list itself so far (), but the format is very nice. Can't wait to see more.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Thanks for taking the time to do this again Bobby B...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
"Somebody like you can really make things all right for me."

95)
(Darren Aronofsky, 2000)

"And if there's a heaven and God I hope there is, I know he's sitting up there, drunk as a f*cking monkey and smoking sh*t. Because he left his pains down here."

94)
(Oliver Stone, 1986)

"I hate LA. All they do is snort coke and talk."

93)
(Robert Altman, 1993)

"Unusual weather we're having, ain't it?"

92)
(Victor Fleming, 1939)

"Man is born crying. When he has cried enough, he dies."

91)
(Akira Kurosawa, 1985)

"You're not hopeless."

90)
(Sofia Coppola, 2003)

"Come with me if you want to live."

89)
(James Cameron, 1991)

"When the sunshine don't work, the good Lord bring the rain in."

88)
(Paul Thomas Anderson, 1999)

"A long time ago, in the underground realm, where there are no lies or pain, there lived a Princess who dreamed of the human world. She dreamed of blue skies, soft breeze, and sunshine."

87)
(Guillermo Del Toro, 2006)

"There is no right, there is no wrong, there's only popular opinion."

86)
(Terry Gilliam, 1995)

"He said a few things that lead me to believe that the car was his.
Such as?
'That's my car, motherf*cker'
"

85)
(Curtis Hanson, 2000)

"I'm like cat here, a no-name slob. We belong to nobody, and nobody belongs to us. We don't even belong to each other."

84)
(Blake Edwards, 1961)

"Look I probably should have told you this before but you see... well... insanity runs in my family... It practically gallops."

83)
(Frank Capra, 1944)

"A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man."

82)
(Joel and Ethan Coen, 2000)

"You know what my nightmare is? That I'll stay in Amal. That I'll never move from here. I'll get kids, a car, a house... all of that. Then my husband will leave for someone younger and I'll be stuck with kids that just scream and nag. It's so f*cking meaningless."

81) Show Me Love (Lukas Moodysson, 1998)