Pets

Tools    

For the next Independence Day, one of them needs to be Vivica A. Fox on the stripper pole.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Viv.JPG
Views:	944
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	11579  

They're all so cute and photogenic. We had rats when we were kids. I remember a big hooded boy that we name Bolivar after the main character in Harry Harrison's Stainless Steel Rat series of books.

Was at Petco picking up crickets for the frogs and saw that their Halloween stuff was marked down. They had this cute little rat-on-a-saddle cat Halloweeen costume and I decided to torment the cats with it.
Well, really, just torment Jasper. Tiny doesn't really care if I put stuff on him.

Jasper

Tiny

I have 2 husky and 7 cats!!!

Found out my family's getting a new dog, a staff puppy, this weekend. Already got a German Shepherd who's three now, so it'll be interesting to see what they are like together. I am at Uni at the moment, but I go back for Christmas in two weeks, so it will be good to see them

The People's Republic of Clogher
I've been adopted by a horde (pride? school? clump?) of cats.

Don't mind cats as such but I'd rather not have them sitting on the ground outside the living room window, in a perfectly drilled row/phalanx, staring at me when the neighbour (who's moggies all 4 of them are) is out.

Scaring them away only results in a temporary withdrawal and, I swear, when they return they're a few (cat) paces closer to the window than they were before.

I'll need to either:

a) Buy a dog
b) Buy one of those ultrasonic cat repel things
c) Buy a shotgun
d) Give in and let them feast on my flesh

Help!

A system of cells interlinked
Time to post a couple pics of Shmert!

I got home and he was waiting patiently for me!

Yep - he hated his costume...as usual.

Just after a nap!

That's what they do! In formation!

Jeebus, as I type this one's just sitting by my car. Watching. Waiting.

The Illuminati have obviously switched on their massive intergalactic cat priming device and the drones are now preparing to 'educate' dissidents.

Warning, you might here a few swears in these. This is Sh*tbox... my naughty swearing cursing biting Budgie.

He's recently picked up saying "Bullsh*t" too. Never said it to him but he's heard it somewhere.

My uncle had a Mynah Bird which would sexually harass passing women. Verbally, of course.

It was funny until you asked yourself 'who taught the bird to say that?'...

In the Beginning...
Very cute kittens, Yoda.

I'm assuming you guys plan to adopt them out. I've found homes for a number of animals and there are, unfortunately, a lot of unsavory people out there who troll for free animals and use them for horrible purposes (lab testing, fodder for fighting dogs, etc.) Some tips:
  1. Make sure you screen everyone who contacts you with interest. Insist on getting personal information (full name, home address, phone number, email) and tell them you typically like to meet at adopters' homes.
  2. ALWAYS request a vet reference and check up on it. Verify they have an account and it's in good standing.
  3. Charge something for the kittens, even if it's just $20 or so (although I would charge more). Explain that this covers necessary expenses.
  4. Tell them you also typically check up on the kittens a couple weeks after adoption, and then a couple weeks after that.
  5. Beware of people who express interest in adopting them all. People like this are usually looking for lab animals.
  6. Beware of people who seem to be adopting as a novelty Christmas gift, especially for a child. These animals almost always end up in a shelter a few weeks later.

This stuff might sound like overkill, but there's a whole seedy and disgusting market surrounding animals needing homes. It's really heartbreaking to know how some of these animals end up. That's why I take no chances. I've been hung up on several times, which only tells me those folks intended to abuse the animals, so trust me: they're out there. Even though having to place the kittens is a hassle, they currently rely solely on you guys for their wellbeing, so best to look out for them.

It's been sitting here, motionless, for a good 20 minutes now. Its ginger brother seems to be patrolling the area while the other two are no doubt off somewhere else capturing souls.

Hopefully this is the last time that crappy rental car is captured on camera. The Tattymobile is getting fixed until next Wednesday - Shunt was a bit more serious than I first thought.