Online Movies VS DVD

Tools    

Hey guys, who prefers watching online movies like the netflix selection to DVDs? I know I do.

I'm currently using netflix via the unotelly website since I'm outside the US at the moment but still want to use my account, and I gotta say the selection isn't bad at all - how many DVDs would you get for the monthly subsciption price?

Only bummer is if they dont have the movie you're looking for Then it's off to the DVD store lol.

720p/1080p HDRips.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

DVDs.

Netflix almost never has the movie I want to watch and the price of their service is way too high for what you get. I occasionally will stream something on Amazon Prime, but I keep that account mostly for the 2 day shipping.

i go netflix

DVDs and Blu-ray. The only other time I catch a movie is if I go to see it in theaters, or I want to watch a terrible movie on television.

Netflix if I can get it, since I already have a subscription and that's obviously cheaper. Otherwise, usually DVD. I don't pay the Netflix fee for Blu-ray rental, and the only Blu-rays I buy are for movies I really love, movies that really benefit from the format, or instances where the Blu-ray version is nearly as cheap (sometimes cheaper) than the DVD version.

Exterminate all rational thought.
I prefer to watch(own) the discs, but I do have both Netflix and HULU plus. I love horror films, but don't buy many due to the low rate of watching them more than once. Netflix has an awesome selection for horror. Some are truly awful which I love and once in a while you find a real gem. While I have a decent start on the Criterion Blu-rays, HULU is awesome for access to the collection, plus I can watch them before I buy them, as while I plan on getting all the blus I will buy the ones I really like first and HULU is great to try before you buy. Their other movie selection is pretty poor.

The People's Republic of Clogher
or instances where the Blu-ray version is nearly as cheap (sometimes cheaper) than the DVD version.
Which is getting a lot more common. Have the sales scales finally tipped in favour of Blu Ray or are they as cheap to manufacture now as DVDs? Third option, of course, is that they aren't selling at all and retailers are trying to drum up business.

I remember we had a chat a while back about streaming services and you said you mainly use yours for TV shows. I've found I'm doing exactly the same with mine.

Movies I like and watched earlier - 1080p
Movies I watch for the first time - DVDrips

Movies I loved - collecting money to buy them