Which Version Of This Movie Did You Like Better?

Tools    

Who's to know if your soul will fade at all?
A few weeks ago I watched the original version of Nightmare On Elm Street. And two days ago I watched the newest remake of the same movie. Personally, I liked the new Nightmare on Elm Street better. Which do you think is better?

*shrugs* In the end they are both extremely predictable...Freddy Kruger(sorry if I misspelled that) kills in dreams, so when you bring him back to real life and kill him again he is still going to kill you in your dreams.

I agree, the guy that played Krueger this time around was good but I didn't like the newer story as much because it made him seem like he was a good guy. In the original, it made it appear that he was a bad guy, which made more sense. The reason it made more sense was because why would a guy that was killed for murdering kids but was innocent decide to kill the kids? I guess you could say it's revenge but I personally think it's hard to wrap my mind around that type of story. It also makes it creepier when you think of the original story.

I also didn't like how that kid was sent to the insane asylum when supposedly all those parents knew.

I also thought the overall acting in the old one was better. And I didn't get nightmares from the new one.

A system of cells interlinked
The new version is complete garbage; not worth watching at all, IMO.

Krueger was guilty of murder in the first movie... in the remake it was paedophlia he was guilty of. They play with the audience's mind by making out he may have been innocent but it's revealed toward the end that he was a child molester.

The overall feel of the remake is more of a serious tone, rather than the tongue in cheek humour of the original but the overall writing of the remake is extremely poor.
Even the horror elements of the remake are poor compared to the original.

What gets me with the remake is that the cast of teenagers have all suffered some kind of amnesia from when they were 6 years old and under.
Pretty convenient storyline to cover all the plot holes really.

I reviewed the remake on the first page of my thread and I hammered it.

It's very poor overall. I just wonder what Hayley was thinking when he agreed to take on the role.

I actually liked the new one because the plot was wierd. Freddy had played with the kid's mind to make them think that he was an innocent man who had done nothing to deserve the fate he was given and in the end he leads the kids to the place where all of his deeds had been done. It was like a huge trap that was set for them. But it was more of a mystery movie then it was horror.

The 2010 version is very weak. The only thing it had over the original was that Rooney Mara made Nancy a more convincing heroine. Haley is alright too, otherwise it's no where near as great as the Craven original. Not even close. The surrealism, overall sense of dread and Kruger himself are good enough reasons as to why it destroys the remake.

The original's story is nice and simple, while the remake seems a little too concerned with the whole 'did he, didn't he' scenario when we all know that there was only one outcome.

Years ago, when I was kid, I lived on Elm Street and would watch nightmare on elm street with a few mates.

Years ago, when I was kid, I lived on Elm Street and would watch nightmare on elm street with a few mates.

I used to live in a village in the north of Scotland called Dyke...

... you really don't want to see some of the movies I watched.

Of course you prefer the original Nancy. It's Heather Langenkamp!

See, even Freddy loves her really.

As for the remake, I haven't sullied my eyes with it and I've yet to find a reason to change that.

At the time, the original freaked the living crap out of me. Thumbs up to the original.

The original will always be tops. I had the misfortune of seeing the remake in the theater and found myself bored to death with the plot changes and crappy one liners. Also thought Krueger's make up was poor too. Definite facepalm on the remake.

^ I liked the make up on Krueger in the remake, it was more realistic for a burn victim like him than the original Krueger like in the above photo with the fabulous Langenkamp. Certainly not poor make up effects at all(look up burn victims and the results), even brought in the voice because of the vocal chords and so on damaged.

The remake is dreadful. I'd go for the original.