What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Already got The Wild Bunch but figured I'd pick this up for Ride the High Country, The Ballad of Cable Hogue, and Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid.

Also picked up The 10th Victim because it looks cool.

You want to post like me?
Inglorious Basterds. Bought it for a buddy but he'd already gotten it, so I kept it. Gonna have to buy him something else now.

family season 2 cos its the best season out of family guy....and family guy rocks!!!! it great to come home after work and watch abit of family guy and just chilax

"The Wire" - Seasons 1-5 box set.

"Wind Chill"

"A Dangerous Man" - Latest Stevie the Seagul flick. I hope it's a "Renegade Justice" and not a freakin' "Kill Switch".

"Flashpoint" - Donnie Yen. Picked this two disc release up for a nice Ł1 from 'Head'.

The last DVD I bought was Raging Bull Because I am trying to build up my film collection.

Sometimes They Come Back...Again
It was the sequel to Stephen Kings Sometimes They Come Back, honestly I liked the second one more than the first.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
36 Hours
Gentleman Jim
Captain Blood
Billy Budd
Seven Days in May
Ivanhoe
They Died With Their Boots On
The Charge of the Light Brigade
(1936)
The Prisoner of Zenda (both 1937 and 1952)
Goodfellas
Cyrano de Bergerac
(1990)

Phantom of the Opera (Robert Englund)
broken (2006)
Towelhead
EULOGY
Funny Games
Femme Fatale
(Yay closing movie store! Yay!)

The People's Republic of Clogher

Two HD upgrades, these, but I'm a bit disappointed to see that the original Mandarin audio track on Hero is just a DD 5.1 mix while the flippin' English dub gets the lossless DTS HD Master treatment.

That's just stupid.

I've been buying a lot recently but here are the latest 3 added to my collection. (All Blu Rays)

Ip Man (Aka Yat doi chung si Yip Man)

The Hangover (Extended Cut)

And last by in no way least...Dawn of The Dead (Had it on DVD and VHS of course, but just look at this half blu ray / half dvd collection!!!)

Disc One Blu-ray
1. Theatrical Cut in 1080p High Definition with DTS-HD Audio.
2. Commentary 1 with George A. Romero, Tom Savini and Chris Romero
3. Commentary 2 with Richard P. Rubenstein
4. Document of the Dead documentary
5. Document of the Dead: The Lost Interview and Deleted Scenes
6. Fan of the Dead documentary UK First

Disc Two DVD
7. Director’s Cut
8. The Dead Will Walk documentary

Disc Three DVD
9. Argento Cut UK First
10. Scream Greats documentary UK First
11. Publicity Vault containing: US and German Trailers, TV and Radio Spots, Reviews, Giallo Trailers Macabre, Sleepless and House by the Cemetery
12. World exclusive Double Sided Original Artwork/ Zombie Poster and world exclusive ‘For every night there is a Dawn’ collectors booklet

Oh and...
World Exclusive packaging - choose from 4 designs (included) and display your favourite cover inside the slipcase window.

Exhanged some unwanted stuff today and got these...

Already got the earlier director's cut of Blade Runner, but figured I'd check Scott's Final Cut out too. The Baader Meinhof Complex was a blind buy but it looks like my kind of thing. All the others are upgrades from TV vhs copies apart from Bad Lieutenant (which I had an ex-rental copy of) and The Orphanage which is a new addition.

Also picked up some cheap bargains on Amazon...

Three Days of the Condor
(R1) and The Parallax View are both upgrades from vhs TV copies. Just like to thank Iro for reminding me of The Parallax View by mentioning it in the DVD collection thread. Watched the flick again last night and decided to upgrade immediately. The Anderson Tapes I've not seen for over fifteen years, but it's early 70's Lumet so I can't lose. The Long Goodbye was a blind buy, but I've heard lots of great things about it.

Some choice flicks in that batch, UF.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

NICE 'Used'. can;t beat a bit of "St Valentine's Day".
"On the last day of his life......."