The Dreaded "D" word... Diet Thread!

Tools    

I'm trying to drink more bottled water.

That's it. That's all I'm really doing diet wise.

Originally Posted by honeykid
Why don't you just drink tap water?
It's contaminated. Medications that people flush down the toilet don't get fully rinsed out.

I am trying to drink more generally most days I have one coffee in the morning and that is it

I'm a restricted eater and I just find substitutes for my cravings. Instead of chocolate: carob. Instead of cow's milk: almond milk. It's good to take one day and just make a bunch of snacks (or buy them) so they're ready to eat in your refrigerator--no one likes to waits to eat when they're starving for food.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Medications that people flush down the toilet don't get fully rinsed out.
Sounds good to me!

Umm what does restricted eater mean?

As my username suggests, I am a plant eater--no animals products...if I can help it. I'm not a perfect purist, but I have not had a hamburger since 1993 or an icecream sundae since 1995.

And I just went raw this month. No food cooked over 110 degrees. Some raw foodists vary in degree and preferences. But I make a lot of my own food, dressings, dips, etc. I prefer organics, but I do what I can. You can buy raw products too, but they can be pricey.

It's hard. It's different. But I like eating like this though. I'm doing it for my health.

Nice thread.

I've changed my diet about 2 months ago, and the results have been highly beneficial. For a long time I was on what's known as a 'dirty bulk' diet in which I would eat everything and anything all day anyday whilst lifting heavyweights to gain mass. I got physically strong, but my stamina and heart rate were CRAP to say the least. Could barely ride a bike for 5 mins even without stopping. So although I looked imposing on the outside, internally, I was unfit as somebody who weighed 19 stone of fat.

My diet was simple, stop the takeaways, coffee and pastries, and stick to complex carbs such as rice, pasta, coucous and high protein meats like chicken, beef, lamb, boiled eggs, fish, etc. That's really all I did and I felt 10x better for it. My stamina is awesome and I didn't lose as much mass I thought I would. If anything, it's shaped me even better because the extra cardio I have gained from my pipes being unblocked has helped me work out even longer and harder than before.

So I think a lot of it is simply changing the way you eat rather than cutting down on the amount. I still eat the same quantity of food, it's just GOOD food. And to stop myself from getting cranky, I alliow myself one cheat meal a week. That's a meal in which I can have anything I want, whether it's chinese or indian takeaway, once a week doesn't hurt at all.

Nice thread.

I've changed my diet about 2 months ago, and the results have been highly beneficial. For a long time I was on what's known as a 'dirty bulk' diet in which I would eat everything and anything all day anyday whilst lifting heavyweights to gain mass. I got physically strong, but my stamina and heart rate were CRAP to say the least. Could barely ride a bike for 5 mins even without stopping. So although I looked imposing on the outside, internally, I was unfit as somebody who weighed 19 stone of fat.

My diet was simple, stop the takeaways, coffee and pastries, and stick to complex carbs such as rice, pasta, coucous and high protein meats like chicken, beef, lamb, boiled eggs, fish, etc. That's really all I did and I felt 10x better for it. My stamina is awesome and I didn't lose as much mass I thought I would. If anything, it's shaped me even better because the extra cardio I have gained from my pipes being unblocked has helped me work out even longer and harder than before.

So I think a lot of it is simply changing the way you eat rather than cutting down on the amount. I still eat the same quantity of food, it's just GOOD food. And to stop myself from getting cranky, I alliow myself one cheat meal a week. That's a meal in which I can have anything I want, whether it's chinese or indian takeaway, once a week doesn't hurt at all.
I've been going for the same kinda thing. Easier said then done with menus at work but oh well, plus the fact takeaways are AMAZING and EASY and coffee does pretty much fuel the morning... day and, you guessed it, evening. I'm like still pretty sure not going out and get wrecked 3 times a week is my best tactic to loose my beer gut.

It's hard. It's different. But I like eating like this though. I'm doing it for my health.
I am a vegetarian and have been since I was 18 as I am an old fart now it has been many years If you are doing it for health make sure you having a balanced diet I just thought eating fruit and veggies was enough but for me it wasn't I have suffered from anemia been in Hospital several times for Blood transfusions, been on injections and meds for it Now I am very good, eat loots of beans etc my blood levels are on the border line but that is good for me so take care

Originally Posted by Edenvegan
I have not had a hamburger since 1993 or an ice cream sundae since 1995.

I WOULD BE DEAD!

As my username suggests, I am a plant eater--no animals products...if I can help it. I'm not a perfect purist, but I have not had a hamburger since 1993
I have never eaten a hamburger

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

That's it. That's all I'm really doing diet wise.
I drink plenty of water everyday it helps you get rid of the fat that you are burning off
I am trying to drink more generally most days I have one coffee in the morning and that is it
Im still drinking lots of coffee I think I have cut down but really I dont think so

Sounds good to me!

Im still on the diet had a bad day where I had a few chockies but ive straightend out know and my min is back on the task in had of loosing the weight.

I've been going for the same kinda thing. Easier said then done with menus at work but oh well, plus the fact takeaways are AMAZING and EASY and coffee does pretty much fuel the morning... day and, you guessed it, evening. I'm like still pretty sure not going out and get wrecked 3 times a week is my best tactic to loose my beer gut.
Lol, THREE times a week is a bit much so yeah, I would cut it down to once a week like I did. I too reckon that's probably where your biggest problem lies. It's useless cutting it off all together because sooner or later you will go out on the bender and it'll become a habit. The best process for anybody would to cut back gradually. That way you still get a little bit of a fix yet not so much that you're messing yourself up. Baby steps, my man. Baby steps.

As for the takeaways being easy and stuff, yeah, it is and that's why it's hard to stop. However, there are places that actually do decent takeaway foods that aren't bad for your body. I'm not sure if you have one where you live but recently there have been a chain of restaurants called 'BBQ Place' or something like that. It's basically fresh barbecued meat. No frying whatsoever accept for the chips, and even then you don't necessarily have to have chips with it, you can have boiled rice or yam and other stuff. They even put herbs in that mofo. Obviously it's a little more expensive than your traditional 'perfect fried chicken' shop, but only by a quid or so and it's absolutely worth it because of all the good clean protein you get.

Ha-ha...acutally I just made some raw icecream today with frozen banana slices slightly defrosted and pureed in a food processor...it comes out just like soft-serve. Raw vegan burgers? I'm still working on making those taste good.