The Incredible Hulk

Tools    

Im a little lost on this movie? Why is this not a sequal and why do some not like the first one? I thought it was pretty good and to the point and had a pretty good story.

Edward Norton is mild-mannered, and he has the range to lose his fiercely lose his temper. He'll be great, and bring some class to the franchise.

Thanks Cygnus. I can't wait. I was gonna post it myself. I hope to see Downey Jr. in his full Iron Man Uniform.
WARNING: "Tony Stark Part" spoilers below
I think this is before iron man because he still sells weapons to the military that's what i think from the TV spot I saw

Welcome to the human race...
Im a little lost on this movie? Why is this not a sequal and why do some not like the first one? I thought it was pretty good and to the point and had a pretty good story.
Take a character whose entire cultural reputation is built around him causing large amounts of mindless destruction and try and put him in the centre of a film that deals almost exclusively with everything but the destruction (namely, some psychological mumbo-jumbo about his relationship with his father or something)...and when the time comes to throw in the necessary action scenes, you use poor CGI.

That seems to be the reason people didn't like Hulk.

Take a character whose entire cultural reputation is built around him causing large amounts of mindless destruction and try and put him in the centre of a film that deals almost exclusively with everything but the destruction (namely, some psychological mumbo-jumbo about his relationship with his father or something)...and when the time comes to throw in the necessary action scenes, you use poor CGI.

That seems to be the reason people didn't like Hulk.
You thought the CGI was bad? WHolly cow...lol...I thought it was pretty great. He looked real most of the time..."well as real as a green 1500lb man can look"..

And on the new movie he looks pretty much the same. I will not go to the movies to see this, but I will check it out on DVD...I just cant see taking my family and spending 35$ to see it again.

I didn't think the CGI was poor, but I agree with most of the rest.

I'm not inherently against a more serious, somber, psychological portrayal of the big guy, but I'm just no nuts about the way Ang Lee did it. I think a lot of editing cleans that film up considerably, though; the beginning dragged on long enough that it might as well have been the middle, the middle was pretty cool, and the ending was just flat-out goofy...

WARNING: "Hulk" spoilers below
Giving his father powers -- and such over-the-top powers, too -- was just dumb. I mean, come on, we go from gamma rays triggering mutation to a man made of electricity fighting his son in the clouds?

I enjoyed what action there was, and liked the effects fine, but just didn't care for the pacing, or the bizarre third act.

Welcome to the human race...
You thought the CGI was bad? WHolly cow...lol...I thought it was pretty great. He looked real most of the time..."well as real as a green 1500lb man can look"..
Not necessarily the Hulk himself, but...

WARNING: "Hulk" spoilers below
A, when he's attacked by ridiculously fake-looking mutant dogs around the middle of the film.

B, when his dad mutates into something or other at the end and the effect looked so clumsy and overwrought that to this day I still can't remember what was going on.

And on the new movie he looks pretty much the same. I will not go to the movies to see this, but I will check it out on DVD...I just cant see taking my family and spending 35$ to see it again.
Well, to be fair, you're not paying to see anything "again." It's a whole different film. I understand that it may seem a little stale having just seen the character recently, but penalizing it for that makes as much sense as not seeing Batman Begins because you didn't like Batman Forever. It's a different cast and crew, a different studio, and a different tone. Even if Hulk somehow infected your feelings towards the character himself, he's being portrayed very differently this time around.

Don't get me wrong; I feel less excitement for this than I would have thought, and I attribute that largely to my feelings towards Hulk. But rationally, I know they ought to be judged on their own merits.

A system of cells interlinked
I wanted to walk out of the theater during the third act of The Hulk. I thought that film completely trashed the mythos of the character, and Nolte was unbearable to watch at the end. The film was miscast, poorly paced, and the risky editing style Lee tried to pull off just didn't work, at all. I consider this film to be bottom of the barrel as far as comic films go.

I am hoping the character gets better handling in this next version...

I think people "read" too much into these things. Its a movie about a guy that turns into the Hulk. Its nothing more. Its like VanDamme trying so hard to act in his latest movies. People just want a good roundhouse kick and some splits. Thats it....Dont make too much of this. Its a movie based from a cartoon.

I guess thats why I didnt see much wrong with the first one. I took it for what it was...

You're right: a lot of people just want the action; but that was precisely why so many disliked Hulk. It took a good 40 minutes before things got going, and spent most of its runtime delving into Banner's psyche. The first film was guilty of exactly the sorts of things you're talking about. If your attitude is that you just want a fun comic book movie, that's perfectly valid, though it's hard to figure out why you would shun the apparently high-speed pace of The Incredible Hulk, yet defend the slow, plodding, uber-philosophical Hulk.

All that said, I still want my superhero movies to read into things, and have some meaning and purpose beyond the raw excitement. But I've certainly gone into the movies craving something mindless and fun, so I won't fault anyone else for wanting it sometimes.

Yea...I agree on that...It did take a while for things to get going..But once you finally seen him change I thought it did ok from there keeping your attention.

WARNING: "Tony Stark Part" spoilers below
I think this is before iron man because he still sells weapons to the military that's what i think from the TV spot I saw

Ah makes sense.

Its confirmed fanboys, Captain America is in Hulk 2! There has been a ton of speculation about Captain America and whether he would appear in the upcoming Hulk 2 movie or if it would just be some sort of subtle reference. The director hinted the Cap would appear in the movie with an interview with G4TV last week but today SOS Hollywood got a huge scoop and lays out the actual story behind the Captain and confirms he will appear in Hulk 2.. with a catch. The scene was cut from the movie because it was 'to scary' and will instead be on the DVD. They report.

“There’s a point when Bruce Banner gives up on his quest for the cure and decide to kill himself. So he travels far North and reaches the Arctic Circle. You might have seen bits of it in some of the promos. The result was a very dark and strong scene, which Marvel, me and everyone else’s considered to be too hard to young audiences to take, so we’ve cut it. Having that said, when Bruce arrives at his destination he meets up with Captain America! At some point this week, we will make it available on the internet – but I cannot tell you where or when – and the material will definitely be on the DVD.”

They say this is a snippet from a larger interview so check with them later in the week for the whole interview. How they will do it without ruining the future films continuity? Who do they have playing the captain in this movie? Its obviously an unknown which means do they use that same person in the Captain America movie? Hard to say.
Source: SOS Hollywood via Movies Online

Universal Studios During an interview with director Louis Leterrier, he mentioned that the upcoming Blu-ray release of 'The Incredible Hulk', which is set to be released this Friday, will contain 70 minutes of cut footage. Apparently, during the editing process, some much-loved scenes got cut (including one which is in the trailer, but won't be in the final cut of the film), and the Blu-ray will showcase them all.

"There's some great stuff and there's some really horrible stuff, but you'll see it all," commented Leterrier. Regardless, Blu-ray fans will get to see a side of the film that (apparently) those who buy the DVD won't.

Those close to the situation have speculated a falling-out between Leterrier and the film's star Edward Norton over the cutting of certain scenes. Here's hoping that the Blu-ray also has some nice intros from them both on why they loved the scene and why it was eventually cut.
Source: Blu-ray.com

if you buy the any of the old tv shows with billy bixiy incdabile hulk tv showon dvd you get a free movie ticket. i got two free movie tickets.

Captain America NOT in The Incredible Hulk !!!

SOS Hollywood posted part of an exlusive interview with Louis Letterier where he not only said there would be a Captain America Cameo but went into GREAT detail about it. He CLEARLY says Captain America meets Banner!

“There’s a point when Bruce Banner gives up on his quest for the cure and decide to kill himself. So he travels far North and reaches the Arctic Circle. You might have seen bits of it in some of the promos. The result was a very dark and strong scene, which Marvel, me and everyone else’s considered to be too hard to young audiences to take, so we’ve cut it. Having that said, when Bruce arrives at his destination he meets up with Captain America! At some point this week, we will make it available on the internet – but I cannot tell you where or when – and the material will definitely be on the DVD.”

This is where things get really ugly. It would seem according to LatinoReview that the whole bit about Captain America, is a LIE. Gale Anne Hurd the producer of the movie, has this to say;

"He didn't really mean the character of Captain America, unless there's something that I don't know. It's the serum....we do have the serum. If you look at the movie again you'll see that the serum is Captain America."

Click here to read the whole interview with Gale Anne Hurd.

Is The Hulk going to talk or what? That's all I want to know and I'm not going to go and pay to see this flick until I know for sure. If there is no "HULK SMASH!" in this flick then I say toss this one down the sh*tter and let's all go see The Happening. So far all I've heard is some rumors that Hulky is going to speak but nothing definite, why keep this a secret? You're trying to draw in fans remember? What better way to do that than to give fans like me something to look forward to.
Saw it last night...you won't be disappointed.